JETER....JETER...JETER!!!!!

The Poojer

wow, he broke a record that 90% of yankee fans didn't know who owned a year ago.

Its just a shame how everyone in the NY metropolotian area is going nuts over Jeter for setting a club record. A record as you pointed out no one knew who owned this record a year ago. BUT Marty Brodeur sets NHL records that might never be broken and no one cares. Brodeur is Jeter except with League wide records yet no one cares.

Its just a shame how everyone in the NY metropolotian area is going nuts over Jeter for setting a club record. A record as you pointed out no one knew who owned this record a year ago. BUT Marty Brodeur sets NHL records that might never be broken and no one cares. Brodeur is Jeter except with League wide records yet no one cares.

Jeter cannot help what the media does. I am sure he is happy the hoopla is over. One of the few class acts left in professional sports.

If the Yankees sucked this year, few would have paid attention.

In perspective:

1. Jeter is still around 50th on the league wide MLB hit list.

2. Baseball is much more popular than hockey.

3. I like Jeter and the Yankees so I care.

4. I do not care much for hockey, but I will tip my hat to Broduer, whoever he is. :doh:

Sadly it comes down to baseball being a far more popular sport than hockey. Otherwise I agree with you. Can't wait for the devils season to kick off this year as well :doh:

Jeter is the man. I sure wish we had the equivalent of Jeter on the Bills' squad for as long as Jeter was a Yankee! Congrats Jeter.

BTW.

Why don't we talk about the Yanks more often? They are, after all, our home team, the best team in the majors, and are the anti-Bills.

Perspective:

Roberto Clemente, 3000, all with Pittsburgh

Craig Biggio: 3060, all with Houston

Tony Gwynn: 3141, all with San Diego

Robin Yount: 3142, all with Milwaukee

George Brett: 3154, all with Kansas City

Cal Ripken: 3184, all with Baltimore

Carl Yastrzemski: 3419, all with Boston

Stan Musial: 3630, all with St. Louis

Two more more:

Ty Cobb: 3900 just with Detroit

Pete Rose: 3358 just with Cincinnati

Jeter would still be third on the Orioles (B. Robinson 2848) & Pirates (P Waner 2868).

So, y'know, congrats Derek. But let's not get all crazy.

OBTW, number of hits don't necessarily correlate with how good a hitter you are. Ted Williams was the best hitter ever and he never had more than 200 in one season and ended up with 2654 total. He did manage to serve as a pilot during WWII and Korea. No word on how many Hollywood starlets he infected with herpes, though. :doh:

i know it doesn't mean much because there is a lot of unknown, but he is 41 hits behind Rose when Rose was age 35, i think he surpasses that by end of season, he should blow past 3000 during the 2011 season, again barring any unforeseen occurance, so we can get 'crazy' about it, it is a tremendous feat

Perspective:

Two more more:

Jeter would still be third on the Orioles (B. Robinson 2848) & Pirates (P Waner 2868).

OBTW, number of hits don't necessarily correlate with how good a hitter you are. Ted Williams was the best hitter ever and he never had more than 200 in one season and ended up with 2654 total. He did manage to serve as a pilot during WWII and Korea. No word on how many Hollywood starlets he infected with herpes, though. :doh:

Perspective:

Two more more:

lets update this list in 5 years please

Why don't we talk about the Yanks more often? They are, after all, our home team, the best team in the majors, and are the anti-Bills.

The Mets are NY too.

People either love or hate the Yankees. Their rebound from average to solid, becoming division leaders, has created a lot of new and likely temporary fans.

In June, people were calling for Girardi's head.

I am sure that Jeter is glad to reach this team milestone, and almost as glad to get the cameras and media focused on the game again. He loves to play and he plays to WIN, not lose a game!

Been a Yankees fan since we had to sneak transistor radios and earphones into elementary school because the series was played in the daytime, and there were no (few?) night games. They also was no way to record and replay the games at night. :doh: