Your tax dollars at work

1billsfan

What's even funnier? Everyone is running around saying that waste and corruption in Medicare is so rampant that, once fixed, it will pay for three-quarters of a universal health care plan. But THIS corruption is somehow different?

What's even funnier still is that ACORN was supposed to be a player in health care reform. :blink:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't be happier that this corruption was exposed. Nice work by those kids.

I just don't get the whole self-righteous right wing gloat fest that is going on about it.

I think they have every right to gloat about a community organization that they were suspicious about from the beginning. Nothing better than a good ole fashioned told ya so. But I think more than gloating they're/we're pissed.

I think they have every right to gloat about a community organization that they were suspicious about from the beginning. Nothing better than a good ole fashioned told ya so. But I think more than gloating they're/we're pissed.

You think I'm so partisan that I would overlook my tax dollars going to fund this type of crap? I'm glad ACORN was de-funded. I know everyone associates ACORN with the Dems because, well, they have black people and they work in the inner cities and they registered voters in the inner city who voted Democratic in the last election. I also remember video of John McCain speaking at an ACORN function, so I know they at least receive support from both major parties. It's a government agency that is obviously corrupt and they were de-funded for it. Personally, I'm glad they were found out and I'd imagine that most people in this country, no matter which way they lean, are glad as well. Conservatives are treating this like a coup, which it is, but not just for Conservatives.

Conservatives are treating this like a coup, which it is, but not just for Conservatives.

I think you're right; conservatives like myself consider this a coup, but not for the reasons you probably think. This isn't a coup of right over left. It's a coup for those, particularly conservatives, who realize that the MSM comprises a bunch of Obama-lapping idiots who got played by a couple of kids smart enough to release the videos one at a time. When they released the Baltimore video, MSM ignored it, except Fox, who was likely tipped of by Brietbart. ACORN cries that it was an isolated incident and not reflective of their goals. End of story, right? Wrong. They release a second video, and yet again the MSM ignores it and ACORN says it was just ANOTHER isolated incident. By the time the fourth one was released and the Senate was voting to defund ACORN, the NY Times and NBC were pissing themselves trying to explain to their viewers what was going on, and at that point, they looked like the biased, irresponsible Obama-lapping douches that they are.

In fact, I'll make it easier for you. You want to know why conservatives see it as a coup? Watch John Stewart's bit. He nails it. "I'm a fake journalist and I'M embarrassed by this." To a conservative, it's piss-your-pants funny.

That's why conservatives see it as a coup, Charlie Brown.

I think you're right; conservatives like myself consider this a coup, but not for the reasons you probably think. This isn't a coup of right over left. It's a coup for those, particularly conservatives, who realize that the MSM comprises a bunch of Obama-lapping idiots who got played by a couple of kids smart enough to release the videos one at a time. When they released the Baltimore video, MSM ignored it, except Fox, who was likely tipped of by Brietbart. ACORN cries that it was an isolated incident and not reflective of their goals. End of story, right? Wrong. They release a second video, and yet again the MSM ignores it and ACORN says it was just ANOTHER isolated incident. By the time the fourth one was released and the Senate was voting to defund ACORN, the NY Times and NBC were pissing themselves trying to explain to their viewers what was going on, and at that point, they looked like the biased, irresponsible Obama-lapping douches that they are.

In fact, I'll make it easier for you. You want to know why conservatives see it as a coup? Watch John Stewart's bit. He nails it. "I'm a fake journalist and I'M embarrassed by this." To a conservative, it's piss-your-pants funny.

That's why conservatives see it as a coup, Charlie Brown.

You realize that you're explaining that to someone who openly believes that Acorn isn't a Democrat organization, right?

No, in Alaska Darin's world if there are inner city negroes involved in it it has to be a democratic organization.

You know what's really unfortunate? The fact that most libs actually believe this. Little wonder the left is increasingly perceived as being the Dick Jauron of DC leadership.

The ACORN response....sue the two kids....

The lawsuit claims the video damaged ACORN’s reputation and asks for injunctions barring its further broadcast or distribution. It seeks $2 million in compensatory damages — $1 million for ACORN and $500,000 for each of the two former employees — as well as $1 million in punitive damages from each of the three defendants.

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/09/lawsuit_of_..._acorn.php#more

EDIT: And a half decent legal analysis as to whetehr ACORN has a claim...

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Z...MxZWUwYmViY2Q=#

The ACORN response....sue the two kids....

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/09/lawsuit_of_..._acorn.php#more

EDIT: And a half decent legal analysis as to whetehr ACORN has a claim...

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Z...MxZWUwYmViY2Q=#

I hope they never get another dime of money from anyone and the group shrivels up and rots away (seems more than halfway rotted anyway).