Dockery's heart wasn't into playing in Buffalo

ThereIsNoDog

Gee, there's a shocker. And as they say, you can't measure heart.

"I talked with one national guy who was up in Buffalo this year," Cerrato said, "and they said the thing that happened with Dock up there, every Monday they'd catch him in a room by himself, and he'd be watching the Redskins games. It's like his heart was never into it up there."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9090902360.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which leads me to another idea I had about this team.....

Going forward we need to make the fact that a player is smart, tough, has played in cold weather, and actually would LIKE to play in area like ours when we draft or pick them up as free agents.........

Dockery was not that guy......but a guy like Eric Wood is.....just sayin

Which leads me to another idea I had about this team.....

Going forward we need to make the fact that a player is smart, tough, has played in cold weather, and actually would LIKE to play in area like ours when we draft or pick them up as free agents.........

Dockery was not that guy......but a guy like Eric Wood is.....just sayin

I can hear Van on the radio leading into a Bills game.

Welcome to Orchard Park New York Home of the Buffalo Big 10!

Gee, there's a shocker. And as they say, you can't measure heart.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9090902360.html

Isn't that the GM of the Skins? Because he's an idiot. 1) he can spend whatever he wants and they always make the wrong moves. 2) You really think it is a good idea to mention that you jsut re-sign a player who tanked it because "his heart" in it?

Screw Dockery and screw the Skins.

Dockery still took the money though didn't he? No problem taking the almighty dollars. Millions of them. That should have been motivation enough. However, it rarely is. Sad.

I agree with this. If he didn't want to leave DC, then he shouldn't have taken the money and left. And, if the money was way too much to turn down, then shut up and play your heart out.

Methinks that you all jest too much by blaming Levy.

Isn't John Guy paid to bring in free agents?

Pray tell, why is Mr. Guy still employed at OBD?

:thumbsup:

Exactly. Marv could only go by what his scouting staff was telling him. John Guy and Modrak have been as much of a waste of money as Dockery was.

I find it amazing that all of the Bills OL decided simultaneously that they did not want to play in Buffalo - Peters, Dockery, Walker, etc

Let's review-

in 2007- Jim McNally is the OL coach

the bills bring in 2 highly paid free agents.

the OL as a whole performs better than at anytime over the previous 15 years.

Jason Peters makes the Pro bowl

in 2008, Kugler takes over as the OL coach.

Peters "regresses" and does not play up to his standard - his hold out is blamed, and he is traded in 2009

Dockery "regresses" significantly in 2008 and it is determined that his play does not justify his contract - he is cut outright in 2009

Fowler and Preston "regress" from servicable players to outright liabilities. The are cut at end of 2008.

In 2009- the Bills run Peters out of town and move Walker to LT without his prior knowledge knowing they will be running the no huddle.

2009- end of pre-season, Walker is deemed to have "regressed" badly and is cut outright. In a brilliant revelation, Kugler and staff realize Walker is overweight and poorly conditioned which severely hinders his play.

Since no healthy OL is available to play LT, the Bills re-sign Kirk Chambers who was cut the day before because his play had "regressed". However, he got better overnight and now qualifies as one of John Guy's tremendous free agent OL discoveries.

seems there is a lot of "regressing" under Kugler's watch.

Coincidence???

I think not

and the bills faithful expect Kugler to take 3 rookies, a cast off and a always injured OT playing out of position and turn then into a cohesive OL.

Better hope they all decide they don't want to play in Buffalo anymore :thumbsup: