Bob DiCesare---Bills win between 0-4 games this year

Big Turk

I have no delusions of grandeur with this team. It is about an average to slightly below average team in the NFL with Jauron as coach. I still think a good coach could get this team to the playoffs in any given year. However, saying this team is 0-4 win team is about the most ridiculous thing I have seen. This guy is acting like every team we play is going to be as good as the New England Patriots, and the Bills have no chance to win any game. If there is one thing I hate more than the guy who thinks the Bills are going 16-0, its the guy who gives them a shot of going 0-16. It is virtually impossible to do this in the FL this year. Other than Detroit, who had a roster that was much, much worse than the Bills last year, there is no team in the league with that little talent to pull off this feat. For him to even suggest this is utter nonsense. The Bills will likely finish right where they always do under Jauron---right near .500, teasing everyone about a playoff birth into early December before losing a winnable game to seal their playoff drought extension again. The schedule is harder on paper, but we all know teams change so much from year to year that can't really be counted on to mean much of anything...

DiCesare, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such drivel. The Bills aren't making the playoffs this year(without a minor miracle), but they certainly aren't gonna win 4 games or less either..way to overreact in the complete opposite direction of ultimate fan boy...people who know nothing about football shouldn't be allowed to write about it and force others to have to read it.

Bottle Crack, make millions...DiCesare must be a user

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiCesare, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such drivel. The Bills aren't making the playoffs this year(without a minor miracle), but they certainly aren't gonna win 4 games or less either..way to overreact in the complete opposite direction of ultimate fan boy...people who know nothing about football shouldn't be allowed to write about it and force others to have to read it.

He is right. Our offensive line can't get it done and neither can the defensive line. We AREN'T as good as last year, we are far worse. The three opponents in the division are far better than us at the line of scrimmage.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/789022.html

What? Wilson, Brandon and Dick Jauron — or any combination of the three — didn't know until Tuesday that Walker has his limitations? No one knew until last week that offensive coordinator Turk Schonert was running roughshod through the organization, steadfastly dictating his views while closing his mind to suggestion?

Has any other team in NFL history dumped its offensive coordinator and starting left tackle within 10 days of the season's start?

That's pretty much the general consensus around the league. Talked (via e-mail) to a writer from one of the NYC papers a few hours ago, and they said, "The potential for disaster is huge -- how confident can they be when they're making all these changes a week before kickoff? Nobody noticed before this late hour there was a problem???"

So, what do you think? Fitzpatrick in the opener? It might be Trent Edwards' best chance of seeing Week Two.

Great line.

I too thought that was an embarrassing article by someone who clearly does not get it. There is a chance that they could go 0-16 just like there is a chance that they could go 16-0. But this is a team that for all their terrible struggles has won SEVEN games three years in a row, and that has been disappointing. I just don't get how we are seven games worse when:

D-Line: Way better with Schobel and Maybin added

Linebackers: Better as they play together and Poz develops

Secondary: Better as the whole unit is still on the upside of their career and playing together.

Special Teams: A push, but the best in the league all around

Receivers: Better than last year with the addition of TO

Backs: Probably worse to have Lynch sit three, but Freddie is good and Marshawn is still young and will be fresh for 13

Tight Ends: Couldn't be worse than last year really, negligible but at least as good.

QB: I would have to expect better than last year with another year experience.

O-Line: Where everyone has their doom coming from, but really:

RT: Walker 2008 vs Butler 2009? Butler was good enough to have Walker cut, and Walker was uninspiring last year

RG: Butler 2008 vs Levitre 2009. I consider this a downgrade for now as I liked Butler at guard

C: Can't consider this a downgrade since we were pretty weak, but I have to see how it plays out

LG: Dockery 2008 vs Wood 2009. Early to say, but I will put my money on Wood over the $49m bust

LT: Peters 2008 vs Bell 2009. Obviously this is an unknown and a downgrade, but Peters was not stellar last year and Bell is athletic and motivated, so while this is the focus point of attention right now, I don't see it as a 7 win swing.

Schedule: Harder, but you never know before the season starts how the schedule plays out. We play better 2008 teams than last year, but when we beat the Seahawks last year everybody thought they were a playoff team, and when we lost to the Cardinals everyone thought that was a shock, so let's not overemphasize the importance of this quite yet.

My prediction: we probably start 0-1 and DiCesare will be 15 games away from calling it, but I will take the over on his 4 any time with as much money as I can scramble together, and I will obviously take the over on his 0,1,2,3 possible wins :pirate::D :D

This is what drives me insane about the media. You can just talk out of your @ss and have zero accountability.

Just once, i would love for them to put their money where their mouth is. Hey Bob if you're so sure, bet a month's salary on it. If you win, you doubled your money and no one will ever question you again.

I'm sure if pressed for a $1,000 or so bet on 4 or less wins, he would make up some excuse about not gambling. Just feed the mob.

He is right. Our offensive line can't get it done and neither can the defensive line. We AREN'T as good as last year, we are far worse. The three opponents in the division are far better than us at the line of scrimmage.

By the end of the year we will be talking about how next year we will have one of the best O-lines in the NFL...bank on it.

Well if the Bills finish with between 0-4 wins, how many wins will the following teams have that all have less talent on their roster than the Bills have:

Raiders

Rams

Chiefs

Lions

Broncos

Browns

Bucs

Jaguars

Seahawks

Bengals

Dolphins

Jets

49ers

Yes, I included the Dolphins, who for all their wins, had and have a less talented roster top to bottom than the Bills do(guess its pretty obvious where the problem is)...

I am sure all of these teams will make the playoffs according to DiCesare's logic...or illogic as it stands

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/789022.html

That's pretty much the general consensus around the league. Talked (via e-mail) to a writer from one of the NYC papers a few hours ago, and they said, "The potential for disaster is huge -- how confident can they be when they're making all these changes a week before kickoff? Nobody noticed before this late hour there was a problem???"

Great line.

Brian Billick is rarely tongue tied, but when asked about the Bills he had to pause to search for adjectives and ended up sputtering something like: "It's just wrong. I've never seen anything like it."

Brian Billick is rarely tongue tied, but when asked about the Bills he had to pause to search for adjectives and ended up sputtering something like: "It's just wrong. I've never seen anything like it."

Really? He just saw it happen 2 times before it within a week or two with the Bucs and Chiefs

He probably never saw anything like it because few teams would have a coordinator as crappy as Schonert in the first place.

Really? He just saw it happen 2 times before it within a week or two with the Bucs and Chiefs

He probably never saw anything like it because few teams would have a coordinator as crappy as Schonert in the first place.

Bucs and Chiefs didn't add their alleged starting LT to the scrapheap, though.

I'm on record as saying both moves could turn out to be upgrades, but I'm definitely not a fan of the timing ...

An actually QUICK no-huddle makes a bad O-Line more competitive against a confused Defense. And quick, disguised screens to the left flat almost ALWAYS compensate for a LT getting schooled all game long. Alex van Pelt probably knows this from his days with the K-Gun. I think he'll remember how to make it quick.

Secondly, as has been said millions of times already, the ONE THING that makes the Tampa-2 go from completely useless to VERY effective is a pass rush. And Aaron Maybin MIGHT be the guy we have needed the last seven years to GIVE us that pass rush.

Thirdly, T.O. catches balls that Reed and Parrish can only catch in their wet dreams, so we have NO IDEA how well we will move the ball when he's back in there. Unless we watch tapes of T.O. from his time in Philly, Big-D, and San Fran, which would then make us, possibly, somewhat optimistic about our chances to move the chains repeatedly.

Too many reasons still exist for me to have hope to listen too hard to these media know-it-alls, who usually only say something profound when they quote people from message boards like this one. (And Mr. DiCesare, that's THE Chimp, if you're asking)

This is what drives me insane about the media. You can just talk out of your @ss and have zero accountability.

Just once, i would love for them to put their money where their mouth is. Hey Bob if you're so sure, bet a month's salary on it. If you win, you doubled your money and no one will ever question you again.

I'm sure if pressed for a $1,000 or so bet on 4 or less wins, he would make up some excuse about not gambling. Just feed the mob.

This guy is paid to write occasional pieces that are opinion. This is such a piece. Why get upset?--the goal of an opinion articel is to provoke a response in the reader (for or against).

Besides, is his opinion very different form many already posted by the hundreds here? No.

relax--we'll all find out if he was wrong soon enough.

Well if the Bills finish with between 0-4 wins, how many wins will the following teams have that all have less talent on their roster than the Bills have:

Raiders

Rams

Chiefs

Lions

Broncos

Browns

Bucs

Jaguars

Seahawks

Bengals

Dolphins

Jets

49ers

Yes, I included the Dolphins, who for all their wins, had and have a less talented roster top to bottom than the Bills do(guess its pretty obvious where the problem is)...

I am sure all of these teams will make the playoffs according to DiCesare's logic...or illogic as it stands

The Bills have average talent in many positions - especially at quarterback which is a huge problem. The biggest problem however, is the talent at head coach. Bum Phillips once said, refering to Don Shula " he can take his'n and beat your'n and then take your'n and beat his'n". Well Dick Jauron can "take his'n and lose to your'n and then take your'n and lose to his'n." Believe me, DiCeasare is not far off.

The Bills have average talent in many positions - especially at quarterback which is a huge problem. The biggest problem however, is the talent at head coach. Bum Phillips once said, refering to Don Shula " he can take his'n and beat your'n and then take your'n and beat his'n". Well Dick Jauron can "take his'n and lose to your'n and then take your'n and lose to his'n." Believe me, DiCeasare is not far off.

If the Bills are a 0-4 win team with Jauron, how many wins do they get if Bellichick coaches them?