Something that I have not seen discussed about DJ at least

Head Coaches who are trying to save their jobs dont go through complete youth movements like we appear to be doing......they go with veteran players in an effort to save their jobs.....and coaches that they "feel comfortable" with?

- the LT move is just another move in this trend which is really really strange. I am high on Bell and he may actually do better immediately. But a veteran coach doesnt @hitcan his veteran player when he is trying to save his job....he doesn't go for a youth movement at one of the most important positions on the line.....it does not make sense.

- I dont question the drafting of two rookie guards but I do find it puzzling that we start them out the game with a coach attempting to save his job....doesnt make sense. A veteran coach on the verge of being fired would go with veterans that those positions like Chambers etc no matter how bad they are because they are experienced.

- The firing of an offensive coordinator......not so much on this one because this was probably handed down by the boss.

So why? This is what I ask myself?

Could it be possible that DJ already KNOWS he is going to be fired and is just "caretaking the team" as a HC?

Head Coaches who are trying to save their jobs dont go through complete youth movements like we appear to be doing......they go with veteran players in an effort to save their jobs.....and coaches that they "feel comfortable" with?

- the LT move is just another move in this trend which is really really strange. I am high on Bell and he may actually do better immediately. But a veteran coach doesnt @hitcan his veteran player when he is trying to save his job....he doesn't go for a youth movement at one of the most important positions on the line.....it does not make sense.

- I dont question the drafting of two rookie guards but I do find it puzzling that we start them out the game with a coach attempting to save his job....doesnt make sense. A veteran coach on the verge of being fired would go with veterans that those positions like Chambers etc no matter how bad they are because they are experienced.

- The firing of an offensive coordinator......not so much on this one because this was probably handed down by the boss.

Could it be possible that DJ already KNOWS he is going to be fired and is just "caretaking the team" as a HC?

I don't think that it's Jauron making these decisions. I think that Brandon has a little Polian in him.

Great Post. Dick has shown more than once in the past, he would rather play a mediocre vet than a talented rookie. This looks like someone else is calling the shots.

Maybe Dick is coaching for his job, and there is just more talent, and no need to keep these guys around. Maybe it took all preseason to figure that out, and maybe AVP is going to be a better coordinator. From what I saw walker was too slow to get out on run blocks, and exposed on the left side. Maybe Bell is just better, and this move improves the team right now.

Reeks of an excuse for him to say that this season's results were with a young team, he didn't have much to work with and wait until next year --- just one more year!

This is a sorry excuse and would be a miserable reason to keep DJ on, but Ralph has made worse decisions.... In fact, he made one last year. And again, DJ is holding a three-year contract.

Thing for me is, if we're essentially going to blow it up this year, why on earth didn't/doesn't the FO blow everything up? This team is in such a state of disarray. It's gone on too long to not be able to say that the reason for this starts at the very top. Can only hope that Ralph sees that he doesn't have it in him to do this anymore.

more likely Dick knows he is guaranteed to be paid $6 million no matter what he does.

Based on Ralph's history, there is little chance he gets fired, especially if there are "extenuating circumstances" for why the team tanked. so he has free reign to do as he pleases.

At this point, he may even prefer to get fired and collect that money sitting at home and working in some lower capacity in a non-dysfunctional organization

either way, Dick is in control

more likely Dick knows he is guaranteed to be paid $6 million no matter what he does.

Based on Ralph's history, there is little chance he gets fired, especially if there are "extenuating circumstances" for why the team tanked. so he has free reign to do as he pleases.

At this point, he may even prefer to get fired and collect that money sitting at home and working in some lower capacity in a non-dysfunctional organization

either way, Dick is in control

I also think that next year being an uncapped year, terrifies this franchise. They're cutting wherever and whatever they can to keep the guaranteed money to a minimum. Add that all up and I think you have to think this franchise will continue to be in the doldrums for (at least) the next 3-5 years.

We're gonna be in "rebuilding" mode again without actually building anything.

C

Reeks of an excuse for him to say that this season's results were with a young team, he didn't have much to work with and wait until next year --- just one more year!

This is a sorry excuse and would be a miserable reason to keep DJ on, but Ralph has made worse decisions.... In fact, he made one last year. And again, DJ is holding a three-year contract.

Thing for me is, if we're essentially going to blow it up this year, why on earth didn't/doesn't the FO blow everything up? This team is in such a state of disarray. It's gone on too long to not be able to say that the reason for this starts at the very top. Can only hope that Ralph sees that he doesn't have it in him to do this anymore.

I agree. DJ is trying to set up "excuses" for the teams poor performance. New OC, new offensive line, etc. Scary thing is Ralph might listen and give DJ another year.

I don't think that it's Jauron making these decisions. I think that Brandon has a little Polian in him.

Give me a break. Ralph calls the shots. Brandon is just the messenger. What an insult to Polian. The only two things Russ and Polian have in common is that they both put their pants on one leg at a time.

I heard from a couple pretty good sources that this really was Jauron's decision as opposed to Ralph, which I personally was inclined to believe it was. And it had to do with Turk just not listening to the demands of his boss and coach. And the players didn't like him and it wasn't working. Jauron, I assume, knows he has to win and he wants someone that is going to listen to him.

The more I think about the Walker situation the more I am inclined to believe that they really do want to pick up the pace of this offense, and attack more, and it may have something to do with the AVP promotion. Langston Walker was simply not equipped to play LT in this league, and surely not able to play LT in a hurry-up style of no huddle. He can't be expected to back-pedal and pass block against the fastest DEs in the league, then run up the field and get in place to do it all over again after a 30 yard gain (if, of course, there ever were such a thing).

So while I fully expected that the Bills return him to RT when the disaster of LT became the disaster, IF Jauron really does want a more attack style offense with simpler plays, it makes sense to get rid of Walker who is never going to be able to do that from either side. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me (although obviously they should have known this all along).

We could be in for some surprises. I think we're going to see a lot more wide open offense and take advantage of TO and Evans. Edwards is likely to be on his back a lot, and of course there is the injury concerns, but he might throw the ball downfield a lot more than people expect.

Great Post. Dick has shown more than once in the past, he would rather play a mediocre vet than a talented rookie. This looks like someone else is calling the shots.

You both made good points! I was thinking about this the past 2 days (about someone else calling the shots..) I was reasoning that this is not very Jauron'ish to take chances on a rookie, to fire people, etc.... I don't know if it is R.Brandon or someone in Ralph's circle? I think Ralph Wilson may be fed up and expressed that some drastic changes need to be made now, and if they aren't then I'll choose the heads that are going to roll! (or something to that affect)...Too bad these decisions weren't made prior to preseason or mabe after 2 or 3 preseason games vice 5 ! I hope that they were holding back alot of their offense from us during preseason or I think we're looking at 4 or 5 wins! ( I say 10 wins every year, but for the first time I'm saying 5 wins! Yikes...GO BILLS