Omon wearing #44?

Golden Wheels

The Bills roster has Omon listed as wearing #44. I thought that if a player was up on the Wall of Fame -- like Elbert Dubenion -- that the team wouldn't reassign his number again.

Or do the Bills not have any jersey numbers officially retired?

Team historians help me out. Thx.

The Bills roster has Omon listed as wearing #44. I thought that if a player was up on the Wall of Fame -- like Elbert Dubenion -- that the team wouldn't reassign his number again.

Or do the Bills not have any jersey numbers officially retired?

Team historians help me out. Thx.

Thought they would have retired it for Darick Holmes.

Correct. #12 in honor of Jim Kelly is the only officially retired number. Respect for Simpson? THAT is the Bills problem. The OJ curse. Bills have not won a playoff game since 1995 when all that trial business was going on. The refusal to take OJ off the Wall. He needs to be taken off the wall and someone needs to wear #32. That is what will turn things around.

The Bills only have one number retired #12 for Kelly. Being on the Wall of Fame doesn't retire your number. I wouldn't totally bet the bank that nobody will wear the other numbers mentioned above, since you would have thought the same thing about #83 too, and Lee Evans is the second person since Andre Reed to wear it.

44 is one of my favorite numbers.

Years ago 44 was a popular number for the featured back in the NFL. Now its seems to be worn by fullbacks who mainly just block. It seems to me John Riggins and the late John Stephens were the last featured backs to wear it.

The other way of looking at it for those who don't want to see anyone wear it is at least Dubenion gets mentioned because of Omon wearing it, and people may remember Albert's accomplishments when they see it worn.

Years ago 44 was a popular number for the featured back in the NFL. Now its seems to be worn by fullbacks who mainly just block. It seems to me John Riggins and the late John Stephens were the last featured backs to wear it.

The other way of looking at it for those who don't want to see anyone wear it is at least Dubenion gets mentioned because of Omon wearing it, and people may remember Albert's accomplishments when they see it worn.

Elbert.

Wow. I must've missed the story 'bout Stephens' death. But, I checked a few online sites and saw it for myself. Tragic. He was a good guy and, for a brief period, a very tough back to deal w/. May he rest in peace.

They should retire #11 since it is cursed.

We had a solid kicker who's more remembered for a kick no one with anything upstairs thinks was in his normal range instead of all the clutch kicks he made.

And now we have one of the best punt returners in the game

sorry...not seeing the curse

We could avoid giving it to QBs, though

Correct. #12 in honor of Jim Kelly is the only officially retired number. Respect for Simpson? THAT is the Bills problem. The OJ curse. Bills have not won a playoff game since 1995 when all that trial business was going on. The refusal to take OJ off the Wall. He needs to be taken off the wall and someone needs to wear #32. That is what will turn things around.

what if we just cover it with a bloody sheet?