Quarterback of the future

Maddog69

Until they get this franchise straightened out, does it really matter what young QB we bring in to stunt his development? As other posters have pointed out on different threads, you need look no further than Steve Young in Tampa during the Bay of Pigs years versus Steve Young in SF, or Brett Favre in Atlanta versus Green Bay. I'm not saying our castoffs are potential HOFers, just not likely as bad as they seemed at the time. Situation is everything unless you are supremely talented.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until they get this franchise straightened out, does it really matter what young QB we bring in to stunt his development? As other posters have pointed out on different threads, you need look no further than Steve Young in Tampa during the Bay of Pigs years versus Steve Young in SF, or Brett Favre in Atlanta versus Green Bay. I'm not saying our castoffs are potential HOFers, just not likely as bad as they seemed at the time. Situation is everything unless you are supremely talented.

yeah true. so true.

NE with Matt Cassell.We woulda run Cassell out of town after going 7-9 with him.

And next season has one of the most talented and deep class of Defensive Linemen that I can remember. There are 4 or 5 that will be game changers on their defense. It's a long season, but if things end how they look now, I will be screaming for one of the top DT's next year.

Thank you for forming your own oinion and not rely on the Mil Kipers and Todd McShays. I for one also formed my opinion on the guy and think he sucks as well. I didnt see this game but he sure sucked last season. Id rather take McCOy early or wait a round or two and take Tebow. Tebow may not be a great NFL prospect but he is one hell of a football player and I would take him any day of the week. Just not with our top 5 pick/....

Yeah, that's why you're a joke.

Wobbly and behind

Except, if you look at the video, you can see that Tebow's receiver has to reach back and slow down to catch the ball. In fact, the defender is almost able to make the play on the ball because of the spot it was thrown in. It's a fact that many scouts have real concern with his below average accuracy and very slow release.

Here's some of his ESPN draft central scouting report:

Quarterback specific Traits

Accuracy: 4

Flashes great touch and the ability to fit the ball into tight spots down the field but is far too inconsistent with his overall accuracy. Needs to learn to change velocities and show better touch on underneath throws. Deep ball will flutter and float too often. Footwork is erratic and accuracy suffers as a result. He frequently operates with enormous passing windows, which allow him to miss within the strike zone with no consequence. He completes a lot of passes that will throw his receiver off course, thus eliminating potential yards after catch. Many of those misses within the strike zone will either be batted down or picked off in the NFL.

Release: 4

Reportedly is working with new QB coach to get the ball out quicker and more over-the-top as a senior. On 2007 and 2008 film Tebow takes entirely too long getting the ball out. It will be difficult to succeed in the NFL with the elongated, three-quarter delivery that he has used the past two seasons.

4 is below average ,3 being average, 2 being above average, and 1 being exceptional.

He has two below average grades in 5 of the QB grading criterias, and has no score above a 2.

Yeah, that's why you're a joke.

Wobbly and behind

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

That is the EXACT pass I was talking about, and not only is it right on the money, he splits TWO defenders!!!

Dude is gonna be a baller in the big league...I would bet Belichick does ANYTHING to get him.

Except, if you look at the video, you can see that Tebow's receiver has to reach back and slow down to catch the ball. In fact, the defender is almost able to make the play on the ball because of the spot it was thrown in. It's a fact that many scouts have real concern with his below average accuracy and very slow release.

I could care less what scouts say about Tebow. The point here is what a joke you are. So lets stay on point.

The defender had great position on the ball, and there was another defender 5 yards in front of the receiver (and Hernandez was running at him at full speed). If the ball had been thrown behind him, it would have been knocked down or intercepted. Too far in front, and the best case scenario is the TE makes the catch and gets his head knocked off by the guy in front of him. The ball was almost perfectly thrown into a small window with very little room for error. Hernandez caught it at almost full stride and continued his run for a TD.

Trying to dispute that fact with video evidence right there in front of you? I'm not sure anyone gave a rats ass about anything you have to say on this subject before now, but if so, hopefully this will be the end of it.

Dude is gonna be a baller in the big league...I would bet Belichick does ANYTHING to get him.

Just to be clear, I'm not in the camp that thinks Tebow is going to blow up the NFL. He's going to have a rough time of it, even under great circumstances (getting drafted by the Pats would be one of those). But the fact that people come out and flat out lie about things to make their point drives me nuts.

As someone who has watched every single one of Colt McCoy's college games cept the one this past week (I <3 Cozumel), I have to say I don't think he's worthy of a top pick.

His completion percentage is huge, but he generally gets the ball in the right "area", doesn't hit receivers in stride, and when he doesn't complete a pass, he misses big time. With much faster and better DBs in the NFL, these passes are going to be picks. Texas generally runs a less complex offense as well, which took Colt a long time to pick up, I'm not sure of how fast he'll pick up an NFL offense. Finally, he's tiny. My roommate at UT that had classes with him said he looked like he had down's syndrome because of his stature.

That being said, he's a wonderful person, tough as all hell, and is a solid college QB. I just think he has a really, really long way to go to be an NFL-quality QB.

From what I've seen from Snead, during his time at UT, I don't have a lot of good things to say about him either.

As someone who has watched every single one of Colt McCoy's college games cept the one this past week (I <3 Cozumel), I have to say I don't think he's worthy of a top pick.

His completion percentage is huge, but he generally gets the ball in the right "area", doesn't hit receivers in stride, and when he doesn't complete a pass, he misses big time. With much faster and better DBs in the NFL, these passes are going to be picks. Texas generally runs a less complex offense as well, which took Colt a long time to pick up, I'm not sure of how fast he'll pick up an NFL offense. Finally, he's tiny. My roommate at UT that had classes with him said he looked like he had down's syndrome because of his stature.

That being said, he's a wonderful person, tough as all hell, and is a solid college QB. I just think he has a really, really long way to go to be an NFL-quality QB.

From what I've seen from Snead, during his time at UT, I don't have a lot of good things to say about him either.

I've seen a lot of write-ups that have said because of his size, he will probably looked at to be a backup in the NFL. Doesn't change how well he runs that TX offense, and I think he's got the inside track at the Heisman this year.

I've seen a lot of write-ups that have said because of his size, he will probably looked at to be a backup in the NFL. Doesn't change how well he runs that TX offense, and I think he's got the inside track at the Heisman this year.

Isn't Drew Brees something like 6 feet tall and 200 pounds?

I could care less what scouts say about Tebow. The point here is what a joke you are. So lets stay on point.

The defender had great position on the ball, and there was another defender 5 yards in front of the receiver (and Hernandez was running at him at full speed). If the ball had been thrown behind him, it would have been knocked down or intercepted. Too far in front, and the best case scenario is the TE makes the catch and gets his head knocked off by the guy in front of him. The ball was almost perfectly thrown into a small window with very little room for error. Hernandez caught it at almost full stride and continued his run for a TD.

Trying to dispute that fact with video evidence right there in front of you? I'm not sure anyone gave a rats ass about anything you have to say on this subject before now, but if so, hopefully this will be the end of it.

The defender had great position on the ball because of where it was thrown. If Tebow had thrown it to the other side of his receiver's body, the defender in front of him still wouldn't have been able to make a play. The other defender never even tried to make a play on the receiver because he was behind and about 3-4 yards away. If Tebow hit's his receiver in the chest, neither defender has a chance of making a play on the ball. Not to mention, Tebow's slow release caused that defender to be closer to the receiver than if he threw it on time.

Bottom line:

The pass was behind his receiver.

The pass was late

The pass is wobbly (need to see the ESPN highlight)

That pass would have been knocked down in an NFL game.

The play only goes for a TD because the defender tries to knock down the pass as it is behind the receiver. I guess you could call that a positive.

Edit: the other defender is also moving laterally, and is in no position to make a play on the ball. Also, I might give Tebow the benefit of the doubt (aka he meant to throw it there), but he is oft-erratic and he usually throws behind or low to his receiver.

The best college quarterback this year will be drafted by the New England Patriots with the Raiders first round pick.

The Raiders are so bad they may just finish dead last this year..... In any event the Patriots will most likely draft a QB who eventually will replace Brady...... I betcha....lol

U may be right about NewEng drafting a QB with the Raider pick...Wouldn't that be something and then a year or two after that QB is trained up NewEng will probably trade Brady for a team's 1st round pick! Probably our Bills once Brady is washed up like Blesdoe was just about when we got him. Nothing like re-treads! Whatever the Patsies do anymore works and it sure would've been great if we could've got Scott Pioloi from them like K.C. did. Oh well....

I decided to start watching to top Qb prospects for next years draft.

I am watching the Ole Miss/Memphis game and have this conclusion - Jevan Snead sucks. He cannot throw on the run. He has no touch and has thrown 2 picks in the first half because he gets pressured and just throws the ball up for grabs.

NO THANKS.

I hope Bradford did not seriously injure his shoulder. So far, he's the guy I want the Bills to draft. I know that some people on this board are enamored with Tebow, but I am not sold. He seems like a lesser version of Mike Vick (hopefully without the dog murdering and VD spreading).

Yeah ive been doing the same thing as well...and I completely agree with you. I want Sam Bradford but I was impressed with the way Tony Pike played today out of Cincy. Very impressive. Greg Paulus is someone I wanna see more out of before I judge.

I think the most impressive QB I've seen this weekend was Cincinnati's Tony Pike earlier today. Excellent awareness, good arm strength, good decisions (minus one really bad interception throw). I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this kid.