Richard Seymour traded to Raiders

jayg

I hate the patriots as much as anyone, but can you remember any personnel decision they've made in the last 10 years that hasn't worked out and kept them at the top of the division. maybe warnow can tell us what mr. wilson thinks about this situation

There is no doubt that their team will be worse than if they didn't make the trade, for the next few years. They will have to wait 2 years for the pick, and then they will have to wait 2-3 years for that player to develop (if he does at all).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

buddy, you're so connected and smart, why don't you call Mr. Wilson yourself, that is if you have long-distant phone privileges from your parents.

son of a ...

jw

well, you've been educating the board about the inner working of the bills and mr. wilsons brain for days now. figured you must know

well, you've been educating the board about the inner working of the bills and mr. wilsons brain for days now. figured you must know

once again, re-read what i've posted, and must i once again type s-l-o-w-l-y for you to understand, because i don't think i have any reason to explain anything to someone who continually calls people as "idiots" and makes mean-spirited accusations that do nothing to forward the topics at hand.

jw

I think this immediately makes the Raiders defense one of the, if not the, best all around defenses in the AFC. They have argueably the best CB in the game in Asomugha, solid LB's, and now Kelly up front with Seymour. They'll be tough in the AFC West this year. I think the 2 games against SD will decide the division.

There is no doubt that their team will be worse than if they didn't make the trade, for the next few years. They will have to wait 2 years for the pick, and then they will have to wait 2-3 years for that player to develop (if he does at all).

better yet, why don't you write a book and title it "how not to make the playoffs in the nfl for 10 years in the era of the salary cap and free agency, and still have the owner get into the hall of fame". I'm sure with your jounalistic genius, you can come up with a better title

Wow, I think Seymour is one of the best...bold move by the Pats. They seem to have adopted a very pro-active attitude toward re-building before the whole thing crumbles...I can only hope it blows up in their face, but you have to admire their willingness to make ballsy moves like this...poor Seymour will likely wither away in Oakland, one of the few franchises more dysfunctional than ours in Buffalo...

This is one of those trades, because the patriots pulled the trigger everybody says it was a great move. If any other franchise traded away one of their best defensive players a week before the season they would of been crucified. Might be a good move but no doubt makes them weaker this year.

I think this immediately makes the Raiders defense one of the, if not the, best all around defenses in the AFC. They have argueably the best CB in the game in Asomugha, solid LB's, and now Kelly up front with Seymour. They'll be tough in the AFC West this year. I think the 2 games against SD will decide the division.

They also have Greg Ellis, but he's getting up there in years. The problem for the Raiders is their offense.

better yet, why don't you write a book and title it "how not to make the playoffs in the nfl for 10 years in the era of the salary cap and free agency, and still have the owner get into the hall of fame". I'm sure with your jounalistic genius, you can come up with a better title

Awesome... you have graduated from simply spraying idiotic opinions to responding to the wrong messages in writing your idiotic opinions, thus taking idiocy to a higher level.

This is one of those trades, because the patriots pulled the trigger everybody says it was a great move. If any other franchise traded away one of their best defensive players a week before the season they would of been crucified. Might be a good move but no doubt makes them weaker this year.

Very good point. It may turn out to be a good move in the long run, but there is an awful lot of arrogance involved in doing this. BB has built up enough "genius credit" to avoid being second-guessed here, but it remains to be seen whether the P*ts will be able to stay at the top as their major players age.

Awesome... you have graduated from simply spraying idiotic opinions to responding to the wrong messages in writing your idiotic opinions, thus taking idiocy to a higher level.

though, if i was fingon, don't know if i'd take offense because it appears he has a book deal on the table and has elevated to "journalistic genius," level. congrats, because that's far better than i ...

jw

(and fingon, no disrespect)

It makes the Pats a much weaker team for 3-4 years.

Perhaps they've taken stock of the DLineman picks of late and figured they could get something for him without a steep drop off. Ron Brace was their 2nd round pick and they've got a few others.

Reports have the Patriettes switching to more of a 4-3 type defense, and Seymour is a tweener in that he's too big too play DE and not big enough for DT. Furthermore, NE picked up Derrick Burgess who they can use at DE.

Why does anyone doubt NE anymore? Which moves have they made in the past 9 years which were total busts?

You're right. The Pats are doomed.

Perhaps they've taken stock of the DLineman picks of late and figured they could get something for him without a steep drop off. Ron Brace was their 2nd round pick and they've got a few others.

Reports have the Patriettes switching to more of a 4-3 type defense, and Seymour is a tweener in that he's too big too play DE and not big enough for DT. Furthermore, NE picked up Derrick Burgess who they can use at DE.

Why does anyone doubt NE anymore? Which moves have they made in the past 9 years which were total busts?

There have been a few complete busts. Mayo is the only decent draft pick they've had in the last few years. The Pats are building for the future, and there's nothing wrong with that. This move screams salary dump, though.

once again, re-read what i've posted, and must i once again type s-l-o-w-l-y for you to understand, because i don't think i have any reason to explain anything to someone who continually calls people as "idiots" and makes mean-spirited accusations that do nothing to forward the topics at hand.

jw

Best to just ignore him. IMO

Well, if any team/franchise has built up enough cache to make a move like this, and not be crucified, it is New England.

I see what you are saying, and it may cause them problems this season, but I can't believe, based on their track record, that the Pats don't already have a solid back-up plan... or, perhaps they are going into this season knowing that their defense will slip some, and will just set out to obliterate/demoralize opponents with their offense, as they did the last time Brady was healthy. The Pats, on defense, especially, seem to be in the midst of a youth movement. Mayo, their pick from last year, may end up as one of the best linebackers in the game, before too long. Belechik got his "genius" reputation on the defensive side of the ball, he likely is pretty confident he knows what he is doing here...

Well, if any team/franchise has built up enough cache to make a move like this, and not be crucified, it is New England.

I see what you are saying, and it may cause them problems this season, but I can't believe, based on their track record, that the Pats don't already have a solid back-up plan... or, perhaps they are going into this season knowing that their defense will slip some, and will just set out to obliterate/demoralize opponents with their offense, as they did the last time Brady was healthy. The Pats, on defense, especially, seem to be in the midst of a youth movement. Mayo, their pick from last year, may end up as one of the best linebackers in the game, before too long. Belechik got his "genius" reputation on the defensive side of the ball, he likely is pretty confident he knows what he is doing here...

It's a salary dump so they can afford to re-sign Vince Wilfork. They knew they couldn't re-sign both, so they traded Seymour.

Best to just ignore him. IMO

and take the high road? ... hmm, never thought of that idea. might try it. thanks Steely.

jw

oh, one more: having responded to the wrong post in his/her response, and having been called out on it, jwwswhatever cringes at his/her "dora the explorer" computer and quietly mumbles, "curses, foiled by my own hands."

ADD: gotta go. catch me in Sirius in a minute or so.

wow. Cannot believe the Pats* would trade him.

Thats a nice pickup for Oakland and its one less player on the NE* defense for us to worry about.

[/quote

I wonder how we'll all feel when NE has the first overall pick in the 2011 draft :unsure: