Rhodes to be cut

realtruelove

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't looked good. Hard to believe the guy once started for the mighty Colts. That muffed punt he had pissed me off. When Lynch comes back, someone has to go. Either him or Omon.

why would a muffed punt in the preseason by a guy that had no shot at returning punts piss you off?

It must mean Fred Jackson is good to go, or else they have found someone better in FA/waivers

DJ did say before the last Preseason game that no one was safe, and that if they found someone better on waivers/FA, they wouldn't be against cutting someone to replace them.

Rhodes wasn't too impressive, Oman did look pretty good at times.

Seems like the front office knows that its do or die this year. Turk already gone, Rhodes cut, Simpson traded to Detroit.......

The move makes no sense to me. Lynch is out the first 3 games, Jackson is nursing a sore wrist, Omon has not impressed anyone. You gotta keep Rhodes, especially with Edwards as your QB, Rhodes is a great check down receiver.

I am surprised by the move as well. Rhodes really showed nothing in preseason, but with Lynch out for 3weeks and Freddy banged up, I thought they would keep the veteran backup atleast until Beastmode is reinstated. I would bet they plan on grabbing somebody off waiver who can play HB/FB so they can dump Mcintyre. Or they will let Corey be the backup HB. The did give him a lot of looks in preseason.

Who knows. It sure looks like another curious move by a messed up organization. 1 Bills Drive is starting to made Raider nation look smart.

rhodes has a sb ring. he got in a fight in camp == showed some motivation to win finally for a bill...

rhodes is a GREAT pass catcher. He is also a great blitz blocker. apparently, they want to keep a few extra WRs -- and guys who can play ST.

So thats why you keep him, because he has a SB ring and got in a fight at camp? LOL <_<

Probably looking to keep some younger guys with promise as opposed to older stop-gap players. May also mean that both Ellis and Bryan make it, and we rely more on our defense than an offense that is unlikely to get much help from a few fringe players. Looking long term season, instead of short term first 3 games.