Posters wish list for AVP

Here are a few things I hope AVP does with the offense:

1) KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid. As Kelly's Bills did, have a series of plays to run and let Edwards call them based on what he sees.

2) Run more counter treys.

3) Incorporate more routes that allows RAC. There are too many sideline routes and curls.

4) Utilize the tight end.

5) Make a phone call to Ted Marchibroda :thumbsup:

Spread 'em and stretch 'em.

Of course that makes a VERY vulnerable OL even more vulnerable at the corners but it's STILL would maximize our talents, IMO. Especially if they can line Nelson up tight and then split him to the slot pre-snap.

Who am I kidding? We don't have the OL for this.

GO BILLS!!!

One good thing is AVP has no track record. Belichick can't pull up a computer database with AVP's play-calling tendencies because he's never called plays in the NFL. I think this move makes the Bills less predictable and more exciting -- at least for a few games. The opening game just got a lot more interesting.

Here are a few things I hope AVP does with the offense:

1) KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid. As Kelly's Bills did, have a series of plays to run and let Edwards call them based on what he sees.

2) Run more counter treys.

3) Incorporate more routes that allows RAC. There are too many sideline routes and curls.

4) Utilize the tight end.

5) Make a phone call to Ted Marchibroda :thumbsup:

If ol' Ted would be willing to come in as an advisor that would awesome. If not Ted then maybe he could pull some strings so we could get someone from his coaching tree - Belichik is taken, but maybe Kirk Ferentz could be tempted away from Iowa. He could start as an interim OC and then take over for dead Dick after this season, but ol' Ralphie would have to shell out star money for him.

The plays I would like to see are the:

agree on the counter running plays - we need defenses to believe that we will actually pass the ball downfield and burn them a few times to create enough space to run these. Hard to pull your guard when there are 8 men in the box doing a run blitz.

The old modified draw play where while in a single-back set (offset) the halfback takes a direct snap. Kelly would call that and drop back or fake that bootleg left or right and sometimes I didn't even realize Thurman had it till he was 12 yards down field.

More 12-15 yard routes by the TE's and the inside receivers out of the 3 receiver set. With safeties rolling coverage over to Evans and TO there is no reason why these guys should not be open if they are being covered by linebackers. I cannot tell you how sick I am of 3 yard dump passes on 3rd down when we need 8 to move the chains.

I formation where we can motion Jackson out as a receiver. From there we can either go for the quick pass or give it to the up back. All of our RBs can catch we need more plays that are designed for them to catch the ball rather than plays where they are only an outlet if Trent is checking down or in trouble.

TAKE MORE SHOTS DOWNFIELD... an offenses' best friend is the defensive pass interference. Trent needs to heave that ball to whomever isn't doubled downfield and let his receivers battle for it. If they don't catch it, there is still a good chance that they can draw the penalty.

Oh i don't know how about not trying to do a draw play everytime it's 3rd and long. Or maybe how about not putting josh reed into motion and then stop at the end of the line ot block. Nothing screams run play more than that.

Bootlegs

Play action

screen plays

Oh the typical things you see QB's who make the pro bowl every year do.

Sick of 3 step drops and a 8 yard pass

Boring.