john clayton speculates schonert's dismissal

bbillsfan87

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

misleading thread title. perhaps a bit of wishful thinking.

Alex Van Pelt's promotion to offensive coordinator puts the Bills in position to get off to a slow start, which could lead to Jauron's firing. Buffalo has finished 7-9 the past three seasons under Jauron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4446286

with AVP as OC he believes offense will get slow start and eventually lead to Jauron's firing. HOPE SO!!!

If we are going to do it, we should do it now and early so we can get the new regime in here in time to matter this season.

There are a plethora of great coaches out there, so lets do it now while we are the only ones looking if we are going to do it.

Cowher

Bellicik

Holmgreen

Shannahan

Gruden (although I dont like Gruden and think hes way over rated, but maybe he could help the offense)

Mariucci

Marty

Just to name a few...

My preference would be Cowher, Shannahan or Mariucci...

well we know if shanahan came in our running game would be phenomonal....not that it isn't already but he'd make freddy a 1,000 yd rusher. i like marshawn but freddy just seems to find holes easier and hits em harder. i like shanahan but if i had to pick one id prolly go with Gruden just cuz he gets the best out of his players. hes not a friend to his players like dick.

you could just as easily say this:

Turk's retention as offensive coordinator puts the Bills in position to get off to a slow start, which could lead to Jauron's firing.

CAN RALPH BE FIRED? IF HE IS FIRED, THE REST OF THE BLOCKS ALSO COME TUMBLING DOWN!!!

The burning question on Ralph's mind with now - At 84 years old, can Marv give me one more season? :thumbsup:

HE is the one responsible for Dick Jauron. Marv was so in touch with the league that he could only go as far as the fired coach that stood 30 yards from him. :thumbsup:

Good call Marv. Nice HC search there.

HE is the one responsible for Dick Jauron. Marv was so in touch with the league that he could only go as far as the fired coach that stood 30 yards from him. :thumbsup:

Kind of like a head coach gaze rather than a search.

If we are going to do it, we should do it now and early so we can get the new regime in here in time to matter this season.

There are a plethora of great coaches out there, so lets do it now while we are the only ones looking if we are going to do it.

Cowher

Bellicik

Holmgreen

Shannahan

Gruden (although I dont like Gruden and think hes way over rated, but maybe he could help the offense)

Mariucci

Marty

Just to name a few...

My preference would be Cowher, Shannahan or Mariucci...

??????

Agree with other posts ... title is misleading.

Article also points to no huddle as being an issue yet in the presser they said Buffalo would stay with the concept.

Not trying to pull a Skooby here as i have no "sources" but you have to wonder if Jauron was given the ultimatum following the pitiful showing in the preseason. It is not too much of a stretch to see that Ralph could have said if you do not make a change you (Dick) are gone.

Agree with other posts ... title is misleading.

Article also points to no huddle as being an issue yet in the presser they said Buffalo would stay with the concept.

Not trying to pull a Skooby here as i have no "sources" but you have to wonder if Jauron was given the ultimatum following the pitiful showing in the preseason. It is not too much of a stretch to see that Ralph could have said if you do not make a change you (Dick) are gone.

OK I AGREE POST IS MISLEADING....I WAS IN A RUSH AND JUST TYPED IT WITHOUT THINKING.

Actually, Marv couldn't even search that far - Marv was Marv's first choice, after Mularkey abruptly resigned, but Ralph said no.

In hindsight, Marv might have been a better choice. :thumbsup: