I know that this is not a Sabres board but...

BuffaloBlood

A call to all Buffalo sports fans

Direct TV has decided to drop Versus from their line-up, effectively shutting out millions of hockey fans from being able to watch the game they love.

This is important stuff, and fortunately I am told there is still time. Sources tell me that the sides are not too far apart and a fan outcry could "absolutely tip the scales." We intend to do all we can.

Versus has become a vital lifeline for hockey fans in America. Direct TV is telling its subscribers that it doesn't matter since they still carry the Center Ice Package. Well the bottom line is, the Center Ice Package doesn't show ANY of the games on Versus. Local TV doesn't carry any of your team's games that are on Versus.

Versus has exclusives for hundreds of games including most of the playoff games in America. As of today, if you own Direct TV (and in many places you have little or no choice in the matter) you are going to basically miss out on several of your team's most exciting games including the playoffs.

Please help by going to http://versus1.viewerlink.tv/ContactInfo.asp and just put your name on the petition.

Direct TV has decided to drop Versus from their line-up, effectively shutting out millions of hockey fans from being able to watch the game they love.

This is important stuff, and fortunately I am told there is still time. Sources tell me that the sides are not too far apart and a fan outcry could "absolutely tip the scales." We intend to do all we can.

Versus has become a vital lifeline for hockey fans in America. Direct TV is telling its subscribers that it doesn't matter since they still carry the Center Ice Package. Well the bottom line is, the Center Ice Package doesn't show ANY of the games on Versus. Local TV doesn't carry any of your team's games that are on Versus.

Versus has exclusives for hundreds of games including most of the playoff games in America. As of today, if you own Direct TV (and in many places you have little or no choice in the matter) you are going to basically miss out on several of your team's most exciting games including the playoffs.

Please help by going to http://versus1.viewerlink.tv/ContactInfo.asp and just put your name on the petition.

The petition thingy worked well for TW and the NFL Network...

I have Directv and I am pissed. I put enough pressure on them to know that they may need Versus to retain me as a customer.

I honestly side with Directv here though. Comcast is a real sh&^^%y company.

Im going to wait and see what happens. I am a center ice subscriber and I could live with a few less games on TV.... however the playoffs is going to be what stings.

screw the NHL too for going with such a rinky dink cable station.

However, I think the NHL should put pressure on Versus to get back on the air for the 24 million Directv subscribers.

If you have DirecTV outside the Buffalo area, purchase Center Ice and get all games. I'm suggesting this not knowing your financial situation and if it is affordable for you.

The ratings are so low for Versus that sponsors are falling like dead flies. They have requested 'premium' money from Direct TV which is crazy. I love hockey, you love hockey - - but - -the nation doesn't watch hockey on TV.

Yep. And, it's obvious, the nation doesn't care to watch bicycle races and more hunting shows either... Vs. sux as bad as Bettman.

This is all the NHL's fault... why the hell did bettman decide to go with versus instead of espn after the lockout.

$$$

Vs (OLN at the time) offered more money and a bigger schedule than ESPN.

This is all the NHL's fault... why the hell did bettman decide to go with versus instead of espn after the lockout.. Question for the board: In terms of popularity do you think the nhl is is winning or losing

I thought ESPN dropped the NHL on their own? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, ESPN wanted more time to drool over baseball, poker, extreme bowling and other boring ass programming. I barely watch ESPN anymore.

I have Center Ice, Versus and FoxSports West on COX Communications provider. All the games are shown. Sorry East Coasters!

I thought ESPN dropped the NHL on their own? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, ESPN wanted more time to drool over baseball, poker, extreme bowling and other boring ass programming. I barely watch ESPN anymore.

I have Center Ice, Versus and FoxSports West on COX Communications provider. All the games are shown. Sorry East Coasters!

Bettman had a choice for either versus or espn.. He sided with versus because they gave him more money...

Correct me if I am wrong, but for us Directv subscribers that means we would lose about 7 sabres games? Was that it? I thought I heard that's how many games we had on versus this year.

8.5% of Sabres games, all in HD - gone...yeah, honestly, that is a chunck.

That is a chunk....it sucks. Versus announcers generally talk about anything under the sun outside of hockey, but the HD picture is all I care about.

I am a cycling fan as well and lose some major coverage, including the Tour de France.

I've signed petitions for DirecTV, Versus and anything else I can sign to show my distaste for their greed.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/1367...nhl_article.tpl

Comcast owns the sports stations that carry the Flyers and Phillies and maybe the 76ers. They dont allow them on Directv either so basically every Philadelphia area sports fan is pigeon-holed into using Comcast, which is a crappy "service" who runs their business as if it were a Monopoly.

Bettman had a choice for either versus or espn.. He sided with versus because they gave him more money...

God, Bettman is so short sighted, that idiot. Why is he running the league again and why is Larry Quinn, a real estate developer, running our beloved Sabres?? :censored:

BTW, Jax, GREAT AVATAR!! Man, I miss a good pizza and wings!

T-W here in SW Ohio added Versus last week as they jumbled up their digital tier offerings (puts things into higher channels, in "blocks" like kid's, sports, etc It's inconvenient, and sticks the knife into the basic/standard subscribers).

They added it for college basketball/football - not much hockey interest here.