Would you trade Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed to Denver for Brandon Mar

Oh really? You mean he'd stop beating up women and acting like an !@#$ all the time if they just paid him more money?

If he was paid his market value, he wouldn't act like a jerk. I can't speak for him beating women, but he sure can beat a CB. Last I read he was acquitted because the woman wasn't credible.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not lying ,I wouldn't take him if they offered me a first rounder to take him.

Are you Russ Brandon or Ralph himself?

I would trade Reed and a 2nd for Boldin and call it even. If they really want Roscoe Ill throw him in reluctantly, I just cant seem to part with the average of 20 yards of field position he gets after every punt. You guys do realize thats more field position than our offense is likely to get per possesion.

It's not that Trent can't get them the ball, it's that the receivers aren't either where they are supposed to be, quit on the route or aren't looking for the ball(Parrish, Reed).

hahahaha...you are kidding right? Please explain the plethora of wide open people in routes that Trent doesnt see to check down going back to last season and this preseason...

Not to mention, you can see right there in the game that he doesnt KNOW where to go with the ball, is late on his decisions, and waits to a person is open rather than throw to where he will be once he is open.

And one more request...please explain how you know that the WR's arent where they are supposed to be because that statement is literally impossible to make without a 2009 Buffalo Bills playbook...

Is Brandon Marshall one of the top WR's in the NFL.... YES! Top 5?... YES!

Only Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss are better and only because Cutler is no longer throwing to him.

Would his presence dramatically improve the Bills passing game...YES!

Is that why the Ravens, Jets and Giants are all trying desperately to trade to get him...YES!

1. Ask any GM in the league and they will agreee Anquan Boldin and Calvin Johnson are better WR's than Marshall too, both on and off the field. Anquan might be the most complete WR in football, and Calvin is just as big, more explosive and a better teammate.

2. His presence would NOT dramatically improve the Bills passing game. We already have one of the Top 5 WR corps in all of football with a QB who can not get them the ball. The funniest thing is that when Randy Moss was in Oakland the fans used to complain about him too...then he goes where someone can pass to his WR's and he sets all kinds of single season records...BAD QB play can make any WR look BAD

3. The Ravens, Jets, and Giants are NOT desperately trying to get him...in fact not a single team has even had discussions with the Broncos and the Broncos are not currently shopping him. The last thing they want to do is have their hand forced and set a bad tone in the locker room as Cutler already whined his way out of Den.

1. Ask any GM in the league and they will agreee Anquan Boldin and Calvin Johnson are better WR's than Marshall too, both on and off the field. Anquan might be the most complete WR in football, and Calvin is just as big, more explosive and a better teammate.

2. His presence would NOT dramatically improve the Bills passing game. We already have one of the Top 5 WR corps in all of football with a QB who can not get them the ball. The funniest thing is that when Randy Moss was in Oakland the fans used to complain about him too...then he goes where someone can pass to his WR's and he sets all kinds of single season records...BAD QB play can make any WR look BAD

3. The Ravens, Jets, and Giants are NOT desperately trying to get him...in fact not a single team has even had discussions with the Broncos and the Broncos are not currently shopping him. The last thing they want to do is have their hand forced and set a bad tone in the locker room as Cutler already whined his way out of Den.

#1 You make it sound like you have spoken to many NFL GM's with that statement, how many confided to you about Boldin and Johnson?

#2 The Bills didn't have a receiver that makes the top 10, much less the top 5 as much as I like Lee Evans he is rated in the 20-25 range. Now with TO in the lineup lets see how Edwards does, if he has time to throw to him that is.

#3 Just because you haven't read about it doesn't make it false, The Ravens, Jets, Giants are all trying to trade for Marshall, believe it

This is one of many posts I've read recently about the teams chasing after Marshall.

Brandon Marshall rumors migrate to the other New York team

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 7:14 AM ET

With the Jets quickly in and then out of the Brandon Marshall trade discussion, the team with which they share a stadium now finds itself in the center of the scuttlebutt.

104.3 The Fan in Denver, one of the Denver-area sports radio stations, has posted on its web site an image of a plane bearing the Giants logo on its tail, at a Denver-area airport.

The easy -- through probably grossly incorrect -- speculation is that the receiver-needy Giants are working out a deal for Marshall and whisking him to New York.

Though we won't rule out anything in the stranger-then-Playmakers NFL, we can't imagine the Giants welcoming into the shop another major knucklehead only months after purging a guy whose story the writers of the shuttered ESPN football melodrama would have rejected as way too unrealistic.

Still, you love rumors. So rumors we give you.

And now we wait for the follow-up report that the Giants aren't pursuing Marshall.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...shall-1.1415259

hahahaha...you are kidding right? Please explain the plethora of wide open people in routes that Trent doesnt see to check down going back to last season and this preseason...

Not to mention, you can see right there in the game that he doesnt KNOW where to go with the ball, is late on his decisions, and waits to a person is open rather than throw to where he will be once he is open.

And one more request...please explain how you know that the WR's arent where they are supposed to be because that statement is literally impossible to make without a 2009 Buffalo Bills playbook...

You're kidding right?

The Bills offensive coordinator stated in the Buffalo news that the passing offense suffered last season because once opposing teams double covered Lee Evans it shut down the passing game, It is the reason they opted to sign TO.

As much as you hate Trent Edwards ( not sure why, did he bang your wife or gf? ) He can't make the blocks and run the routes while trying to throw the ball.

The Bills are still lacking a decent pass catching tight end, they realize this and tried to trade for Tony Gonzalez, but he turned down the trade. The Bills still lack a good fullback, they try throw the ball on short yardage plays because they don't have a short yardage back.

The Bills offensive line has been revamped every year the past 4 years under Jauron, it is no wonder any QB gets gunshy or unloads the ball to the checkdown. This coaching staff doesn't know a good linemen from a bad one, it is why they keep bringing in new players only to drop them the next year.

I'm not sure why your on a Trent Edwards witch hunt, this is the same QB that outplayed Cutler in Denver, and he out played Phillip Rivers in Buffalo, he basically pulled out some wins last season against the Raiders, Rams, Jags with come from behind passing plays. If the receivers get open and he has time, TE can be as good as most any QB in the league.

Try not to forget that it is a TEAM game and the TEAM needs to play well to win.

Amen I agree. We already have a malignant tumor on the team (potentially T.O the ticking time bomb) the last thing we need is a cancerous one (Marshall and his stellar off field persona).

I find peoples opinions on getting a player based on persona interesting. If the guy can play, then he can play. Granted if he gets arrested and suspended etc. that's a giant pain in the butt that no team needs. But still, isn't it really about skill on the field, not in the locker room or on the street?

Out of curiosity, do the people who don't want Marshall on this team clamoring for the Bills to dump Marshawn Lynch? He hasn't exactly been a model citizen either.

There is a reason why Trent checks down and holds on to the ball. Roscoe Parrish constantly misses the reads on blitzes, watch last years games on DVR (literally impossible).

You're kidding right?

The Bills offensive coordinator stated in the Buffalo news that the passing offense suffered last season because once opposing teams double covered Lee Evans it shut down the passing game, It is the reason they opted to sign TO.

As much as you hate Trent Edwards ( not sure why, did he bang your wife or gf? ) He can't make the blocks and run the routes while trying to throw the ball.

The Bills are still lacking a decent pass catching tight end, they realize this and tried to trade for Tony Gonzalez, but he turned down the trade. The Bills still lack a good fullback, they try throw the ball on short yardage plays because they don't have a short yardage back.

The Bills offensive line has been revamped every year the past 4 years under Jauron, it is no wonder any QB gets gunshy or unloads the ball to the checkdown. This coaching staff doesn't know a good linemen from a bad one, it is why they keep bringing in new players only to drop them the next year.

I'm not sure why your on a Trent Edwards witch hunt, this is the same QB that outplayed Cutler in Denver, and he out played Phillip Rivers in Buffalo, he basically pulled out some wins last season against the Raiders, Rams, Jags with come from behind passing plays. If the receivers get open and he has time, TE can be as good as most any QB in the league.

Try not to forget that it is a TEAM game and the TEAM needs to play well to win.

Anyone who says "He outplayed Rivers and Cutler" loses all credibility right there with anything else you say. One, Opposing QB's are not facing identical defenses, so even comparing the two in a game is absurd. Denver and SD were amongst the worst Defenses in the league last year, which makes it easier for Trent. Second, Trent didnt play Rivers one on one or Cutler one on one...Third Cutler and Rivers have accomplished light years more than Trent has. In fact, Rivers has the second highest QB rating to start a career ALL TIME (only second to Montanna) and Cutler had one of the most productive starts to an NFL career as well all time (and I dont want to hear how they didnt make the playoffs because anyone with a shred of common sense who isnt trying to hype up there boy crush Trent knows it was the defense that kept Den out of the playoffs).

Trent is NOT even in the same league as those two...its like comparing the NFL to the CFL. I am curious, so are you saying every time Montanna had a bad game and the opposing QB had a good game that it means the opposing QB is a better QB than Montanna?

There is a reason why Trent checks down and holds on to the ball. Roscoe Parrish constantly misses the reads on blitzes, watch last years games on DVR (literally impossible).

I am assuming this is sarcasm, because otherwise you are literally blaming our 4th WR for our QB's struggles...that should be on the Trent Excuse thread...

#1 You make it sound like you have spoken to many NFL GM's with that statement, how many confided to you about Boldin and Johnson?

#2 The Bills didn't have a receiver that makes the top 10, much less the top 5 as much as I like Lee Evans he is rated in the 20-25 range. Now with TO in the lineup lets see how Edwards does, if he has time to throw to him that is.

#3 Just because you haven't read about it doesn't make it false, The Ravens, Jets, Giants are all trying to trade for Marshall, believe it

This is one of many posts I've read recently about the teams chasing after Marshall.

Brandon Marshall rumors migrate to the other New York team

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 7:14 AM ET

With the Jets quickly in and then out of the Brandon Marshall trade discussion, the team with which they share a stadium now finds itself in the center of the scuttlebutt.

104.3 The Fan in Denver, one of the Denver-area sports radio stations, has posted on its web site an image of a plane bearing the Giants logo on its tail, at a Denver-area airport.

The easy -- through probably grossly incorrect -- speculation is that the receiver-needy Giants are working out a deal for Marshall and whisking him to New York.

Though we won't rule out anything in the stranger-then-Playmakers NFL, we can't imagine the Giants welcoming into the shop another major knucklehead only months after purging a guy whose story the writers of the shuttered ESPN football melodrama would have rejected as way too unrealistic.

Still, you love rumors. So rumors we give you.

And now we wait for the follow-up report that the Giants aren't pursuing Marshall.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...shall-1.1415259

1. For what its worth, I do have some friends in the league from my playing days in college, both in the office and on the field. I talked a lot about Boldin to them beacuse I wanted him (pre T.O. when Boldin was wanting a trade), and just about everyone I talked to felt like he was the third best WR in football for both what he does on and off the field. You cant look at just stats (which he has great ones) but also what the WR does on plays the ball isnt going his way, when they are running the ball, etc. And it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that just about everyone feels Calvin is a top 5 wideout...

2. Just because we dont have a say top 10 WR by your definition doesnt mean we dont have one of the best WR units in football. First of all, T.O. is still one of the best in football. Second, Evans ranking has slipped because we dont have a QB who can get him the ball. When JP was here, Evans was considered a top 15 and even top 10 by some WR because he was far more productive, and JP SUCKS.

Look at Randy Moss, he was considered washed up and outside the top 20 in Oakland, but then his first year on a team who can get him the ball and he broke single season recieving records. If you put Evans in Phi, AZ, Indy, NE, etc he would be amongst the most productive in football. Another example...3 years ago S. Smith was considered the best WR in football...Delhomme gets hurt the next year and Smith has a mediocre couple of years and now he is not even in some peoples top 10. A WR is nothing without a competent QB...

3. You literally just posted internet rumors (you know the same ones that had signing Vick, Bryant Johnson, Coles, etc) despite official reports saying Den has had no discussions with any teams and dont want to trade Marshall.

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

what good does it do when our QB won't throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield unless a guy is so wide open there is noone within 10 yards of him...

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

Yeah, I'm sure they would want our garbage and a 3rd rounder for one of the most gifted athlete's in the league.

If we offered Lee Evans and next year's 1st rounder, they might not take it.

I find peoples opinions on getting a player based on persona interesting. If the guy can play, then he can play. Granted if he gets arrested and suspended etc. that's a giant pain in the butt that no team needs. But still, isn't it really about skill on the field, not in the locker room or on the street?

Out of curiosity, do the people who don't want Marshall on this team clamoring for the Bills to dump Marshawn Lynch? He hasn't exactly been a model citizen either.

The difference between Marshawn who was being a stupid kid with the wrong crowd and Marshall who is a girl beating scumbag seems to be self evident doesn't it? Even if Marshall had a red cape on the field it doesn't make it any easier to digest him as a human... JMHO

Yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with our head coach or anything. Or our owner. Or our lack of a GM. Or our lack of a quality QB. Or the fabulous Tampa-2 defense that works so well. Or our midget defense.

It's all because Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish and Johnson aren't good enough. Why didn't I think of that?

Where did I put blame on any 1 person??

Your sarcasm makes me not even want to discuss this further, but I can't help myself.

When you get a chance to make your team on the field better, you do it. If the HC can't control the locker room, you bring in someone else.

I get it, you like cute and cuddly, but me, I just want the Bills to win. If this guy can be had for the right price, it's a no-brainer.

It must have been an awful rough night if hearing the truth cracks you up. Even with questions, severe ones, at QB, expect the addition of T.O. on the other side to put Lee over 1200 this year.

And yeah, Marshall was lucky enough to get in just early enough with the Commish that he didn't get a big penalty. The Commish has it figured out now, though. Everybody gets a lot. If Marshall pulls exactly the same stuff that he is now a multiple offender at, he'll be out for half a year.

Marshall is the next Pacman, off the field. Perhaps better on the field, but again, before his troubles consumed his life, Pacman was an excellent player. Not anymore, though.

I actually do expect Lee to put up 1200 this year.

But Marshall would put up more, just sayin.

I'm not saying Marshall is a better person than Lee, that is obvious, but as far as WR in the NFL, even with all of his problems, Marshall's better.

Don't believe me?? Just take a glance at where, with all of his problems, Marshall is going in Fantasy Football leagues as opposed to where Lee is being picked. It's not even close, and there's no guarantee Marshall even starts the season on the field.