Would you trade Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed to Denver for Brandon Mar

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

Of course you would make that trade but Denver wouldn't make that deal at all. To get Marshall you would have to give up Reed and Parrish/Hardy/Steve Johnson plus a first round pick. OR you could go for Reed a 3rd round pick and a good player like Poz or Maybin which would be too much.

Even if you offered Parrish and Reed plus a second round pick you still wouldn't get Marshall.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. For what its worth, I do have some friends in the league from my playing days in college, both in the office and on the field. I talked a lot about Boldin to them beacuse I wanted him (pre T.O. when Boldin was wanting a trade), and just about everyone I talked to felt like he was the third best WR in football for both what he does on and off the field. You cant look at just stats (which he has great ones) but also what the WR does on plays the ball isnt going his way, when they are running the ball, etc. And it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that just about everyone feels Calvin is a top 5 wideout...

2. Just because we dont have a say top 10 WR by your definition doesnt mean we dont have one of the best WR units in football. First of all, T.O. is still one of the best in football. Second, Evans ranking has slipped because we dont have a QB who can get him the ball. When JP was here, Evans was considered a top 15 and even top 10 by some WR because he was far more productive, and JP SUCKS.

Look at Randy Moss, he was considered washed up and outside the top 20 in Oakland, but then his first year on a team who can get him the ball and he broke single season recieving records. If you put Evans in Phi, AZ, Indy, NE, etc he would be amongst the most productive in football. Another example...3 years ago S. Smith was considered the best WR in football...Delhomme gets hurt the next year and Smith has a mediocre couple of years and now he is not even in some peoples top 10. A WR is nothing without a competent QB...

3. You literally just posted internet rumors (you know the same ones that had signing Vick, Bryant Johnson, Coles, etc) despite official reports saying Den has had no discussions with any teams and dont want to trade Marshall.

Talk is cheap, you sound like SKOOBY... What GM's do you talk with? I think your full of it.

#2 YOU stated: 2. His presence would NOT dramatically improve the Bills passing game. We already have one of the Top 5 WR corps in all of football with a QB who can not get them the ball.

Can we wait to see if this years receiving corps ACTUALLY accomplishes anything before YOU anoint them to #5 overall!

TO is rated around 10th and Evans around 20th and Reed / Parrish are 50+.Even with TO the Bills will still be good but not great. I think the addition of TO can really open up the Bills passing game. If it does and the Bills actually do have the #5 receiving corps and IF Trent Edwards has the time to throw, Buffalo might actually win some games.

You are a true fool if you don't think that replacing Roscoe Parrish / Josh Reed with Brandon Marshall would improve the team Dramatically, with the trio of Evans, TO and Marshall I'd say the Bills would have one of the best,if not the best receiving corps in the NFL.

#3 so what, The rumors about Cutler being traded were denied at first also, where there is smoke there is usually fire. Like Denver asking the Jets for a player and draft picks, oh another rumor.

Anyone who says "He outplayed Rivers and Cutler" loses all credibility right there with anything else you say. One, Opposing QB's are not facing identical defenses, so even comparing the two in a game is absurd. Denver and SD were amongst the worst Defenses in the league last year, which makes it easier for Trent. Second, Trent didnt play Rivers one on one or Cutler one on one...Third Cutler and Rivers have accomplished light years more than Trent has. In fact, Rivers has the second highest QB rating to start a career ALL TIME (only second to Montanna) and Cutler had one of the most productive starts to an NFL career as well all time (and I dont want to hear how they didnt make the playoffs because anyone with a shred of common sense who isnt trying to hype up there boy crush Trent knows it was the defense that kept Den out of the playoffs).

Trent is NOT even in the same league as those two...its like comparing the NFL to the CFL. I am curious, so are you saying every time Montanna had a bad game and the opposing QB had a good game that it means the opposing QB is a better QB than Montanna?

I notice that out of an entire post you select one statement to go off on, Did the Bills win those games against Denver and San Diego? Did Trent Edwards play well in those games? Did he have time to throw? Frankly, I don't shiv a git that the other 2 QB's had better stats that day, or that year. Both Rivers and Cutler have better teams and receivers and coaches.

Why not address the other parts of my post?

The Bills are still lacking a decent pass catching tight end, they realize this and tried to trade for Tony Gonzalez, but he turned down the trade. The Bills still lack a good fullback, they try throw the ball on short yardage plays because they don't have a short yardage back.

Do the Bills have anyone even close to the ability of Antonio Gates?

The Bills offensive line has been revamped every year the past 4 years under Jauron, it is no wonder any QB gets gunshy or unloads the ball to the checkdown. This coaching staff doesn't know a good linemen from a bad one, it is why they keep bringing in new players only to drop them the next year.The Chargers were 14-2 not long ago with LT leading the NFL in rushing, that O line is 5x better then Buffalo's

I'm not sure why your on a Trent Edwards witch hunt, he basically pulled out some wins last season against the Raiders, Rams, Jags with come from behind passing plays. If the receivers get open and he has time, TE can be as good as most any QB in the league.

Try not to forget that it is a TEAM game and the TEAM needs to play well to win.

Anyone who says "He outplayed Rivers and Cutler" loses all credibility right there with anything else you say. One, Opposing QB's are not facing identical defenses, so even comparing the two in a game is absurd. Denver and SD were amongst the worst Defenses in the league last year, which makes it easier for Trent. Second, Trent didnt play Rivers one on one or Cutler one on one...Third Cutler and Rivers have accomplished light years more than Trent has. In fact, Rivers has the second highest QB rating to start a career ALL TIME (only second to Montanna) and Cutler had one of the most productive starts to an NFL career as well all time (and I dont want to hear how they didnt make the playoffs because anyone with a shred of common sense who isnt trying to hype up there boy crush Trent knows it was the defense that kept Den out of the playoffs).

Trent is NOT even in the same league as those two...its like comparing the NFL to the CFL. I am curious, so are you saying every time Montanna had a bad game and the opposing QB had a good game that it means the opposing QB is a better QB than Montanna?

On that particular day, He was beaten by the better TEAM. You're the one who thinks it all comes down to one player.

Montana also had a great team around him with the best receiver to ever play the game in Jerry Rice. Arguably the best ever head coach in Bill Walsh, who invented a great offense that is still used by the vast majority of teams today. Great teams make players look great, Montana didn't fair so well in KC after he left SF, he never made it back to the super bowl without Jerry Rice.

Both Rivers and Cutler have played on better teams then Trent Edwards, better players, better coaches, better schemes.

I'll take Mike Shanahan and Norv Turner over Jauron and his band of morons any day.

Tell me about it. Has he ever backed up his claims? If not, he's no better than the SKOOBster.

I rarely bring that up cuz I dont expect anyone to believe it, and could care less if they do. But here are the facts:

1. I never have once made any outlandish "insider" claim on here...not once. The only exception was when I mentioned the Bills interest in Matt Cassel where I got blasted by a lot of posters just to have that story confirmed two days later.

2. The only time I have ever offered any info from people I know in NFL circles it was related to fooball analysis, not free agent pick ups or trades.

3. I never post any rumors or "inside" info.

4. Almost all my posts are about football, not speculation, whether you agree with them or not.

So, again, take for what its worth, but I happen to have friends from my college playing days still playing in the NFL, and some that have gone on to coaching staffs, front office, etc. You would be surprised how many friends you make playing college ball...so you can enjoy their perspective, or choose to laugh it off...could care less.

On that particular day, He was beaten by the better TEAM. You're the one who thinks it all comes down to one player.

Montana also had a great team around him with the best receiver to ever play the game in Jerry Rice. Arguably the best ever head coach in Bill Walsh, who invented a great offense that is still used by the vast majority of teams today. Great teams make players look great, Montana didn't fair so well in KC after he left SF, he never made it back to the super bowl without Jerry Rice.

Both Rivers and Cutler have played on better teams then Trent Edwards, better players, better coaches, better schemes.

I'll take Mike Shanahan and Norv Turner over Jauron and his band of morons any day.

OMG...did you just downplay JOE MONTANA as if he was only good because of Rice and Walsh? I was FAR from declaring you to be one of the dumbest posters on here, but after that I dont know what to say anymore. Take it from someone who grew up in Northern California hating the 49ers, Montana is one of the 3 best, if not the best, QB to ever play in the NFL. And he did with a below average arm and below average athletic ability. He was the perfect definition of a pocket passer. His passes were right on the numbers...his WR's were hit in pefect stride...he was one of the smartest QB's to ever play the game...I could go on and on.

If you poll coaches, GM's, scouts, etc, etc...all of them will have Joe in their top 5 all time and most will have him #1. And I assure you they know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us on this board.

I notice that out of an entire post you select one statement to go off on, Did the Bills win those games against Denver and San Diego? Did Trent Edwards play well in those games? Did he have time to throw? Frankly, I don't shiv a git that the other 2 QB's had better stats that day, or that year. Both Rivers and Cutler have better teams and receivers and coaches.

Why not address the other parts of my post?

The Bills are still lacking a decent pass catching tight end, they realize this and tried to trade for Tony Gonzalez, but he turned down the trade. The Bills still lack a good fullback, they try throw the ball on short yardage plays because they don't have a short yardage back.

Do the Bills have anyone even close to the ability of Antonio Gates?

The Bills offensive line has been revamped every year the past 4 years under Jauron, it is no wonder any QB gets gunshy or unloads the ball to the checkdown. This coaching staff doesn't know a good linemen from a bad one, it is why they keep bringing in new players only to drop them the next year.The Chargers were 14-2 not long ago with LT leading the NFL in rushing, that O line is 5x better then Buffalo's

I'm not sure why your on a Trent Edwards witch hunt, he basically pulled out some wins last season against the Raiders, Rams, Jags with come from behind passing plays. If the receivers get open and he has time, TE can be as good as most any QB in the league.

Try not to forget that it is a TEAM game and the TEAM needs to play well to win.

I addressed these in other posts...

1. The Chargers havent had a WR that could have started for the Bills under the Rivers era...V. Jackson is just NOW finally developing into a potential WR, but he has been poor at his route running and dropped to many passes in years past. So bring up Gates if you want, but thats one guy. We have one great weapon too, but you use that as an excuse for Trent.

Did you ever stop and think that Gates has had the seasons he has had because Rivers has been so good and was able to get him the ball? WR's dont throw to themselves and neither do TE's.

And if our QB isnt good enough to win without a stud Tight End, then our QB isnt good enough to play in this league. In fact, the TE position was almost forgotten just 5 yers ago there were only a handful of good TE's in all of football. So if a QB cant succeed because of a TE, then he is doomed period.

2. Our O Line has been up and down, true. But, our O Line OFTEN gave both JP and Trent all kinds of time to throw last year and they still couldnt get the ball out or move the chains. Our O Line is good enough for us to be in the playoffs. Kurt Warner had a worse O Line than us last year and he had a prolific passing season despite having no running game, losing some of his stud WR's to injuries, and no Tight End.

3. Not on a Trent witch hunt, just seems that way because I end up getting into drawn out things with people who make absurd claims about him or same dumbass things like down playing how good Montana was. And a big NEWS flash for you...Trent didnt pull out wins for us in 2 of those comebacks...other units of our team bailed him out when he was struggling (Lynch, Mitchell, ST)

And your claim "If the receivers get open and he has time, TE can be as good as most any QB in the league." is hysterical because just about every game last year you can find wide open recievers that Trent doesnt see depsite having ALL kinds of time and still dumps it off or throws the ball to them WAY too late.

And a big FYI to you: In the NFL, you dont have success passing because you have all day to throw, you have success passing because you take 3 steps back and FIRE...5 steps back and FIRE...7 steps back and FIRE. Asking the O Line to give you all day is an impossible task as the guys on the other side of the ball are highly skilled players paid to disrupt the QB. So if Trent needs a LOT of time in order to be succesful then he will never be succesful.

OMG...did you just downplay JOE MONTANA as if he was only good because of Rice and Walsh? I was FAR from declaring you to be one of the dumbest posters on here, but after that I dont know what to say anymore. Take it from someone who grew up in Northern California hating the 49ers, Montana is one of the 3 best, if not the best, QB to ever play in the NFL. And he did with a below average arm and below average athletic ability. He was the perfect definition of a pocket passer. His passes were right on the numbers...his WR's were hit in pefect stride...he was one of the smartest QB's to ever play the game...I could go on and on.

If you poll coaches, GM's, scouts, etc, etc...all of them will have Joe in their top 5 all time and most will have him #1. And I assure you they know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us on this board.

I don't care where you played college ball, you seem so enamored by it that it makes you think you're superior to every other poster, get over yourself SKOOBY.

I think Joe Montana is one of the greatest QB's ever, it is just that he didn't achieve that acclaim by himself. Considering you played some college football it amazes me that you just don't get the TEAM concept.

Would Joe M have made it into the HoF playing for Arizona or Detroit? Like I stated, he went downhill after he parted from Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice.

And your claim "If the receivers get open and he has time, TE can be as good as most any QB in the league." is hysterical because just about every game last year you can find wide open recievers that Trent doesnt see depsite having ALL kinds of time and still dumps it off or throws the ball to them WAY too late.

And a big FYI to you: In the NFL, you dont have success passing because you have all day to throw, you have success passing because you take 3 steps back and FIRE...5 steps back and FIRE...7 steps back and FIRE. Asking the O Line to give you all day is an impossible task as the guys on the other side of the ball are highly skilled players paid to disrupt the QB. So if Trent needs a LOT of time in order to be succesful then he will never be succesful.

You mention in this and other posts of yours that Trent has all sorts of wide open receivers that he doesn't see and checks down instead.

After last season, the now FIRED Turk Schonert stated in the Buffalo news that the passing offense failed because once opposing teams doubled Lee Evans it shut down the passing game.

The Bills OC comes out and states the problem was the lack of a decent receiver opposite Lee Evans and yet you continue to blame the QB.

That moron of a OC was fired because all he did was call 5-7 step drops and wanted to make the deep passing game work irregardless of what the opposing team was doing on defense. 5-7 step drops usually take 4-5 seconds to develop, the Bills O line simply can't give that much time to Trent to even complete most passes.

Trying to argue a point with you is senseless, you're about as narrow minded and dense a person as I've met on this board. Keep blaming the QB and not the receivers, not the offensive line, not the coaching. I suppose the next thing you will tell me is how great Jauron is,,, You may have gone to college, I highly doubt you learned much.

I don't care where you played college ball, you seem so enamored by it that it makes you think you're superior to every other poster, get over yourself SKOOBY.

I think Joe Montana is one of the greatest QB's ever, it is just that he didn't achieve that acclaim by himself. Considering you played some college football it amazes me that you just don't get the TEAM concept.

Would Joe M have made it into the HoF playing for Arizona or Detroit? Like I stated, he went downhill after he parted from Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice.

YES he would have...you suggesting he wouldnt implies he wasnt that good. And I dont know where you get your idea he wasnt that good in KC, because he was at the VERY end of his career in KC for one, and two, he took them to the playoffs where they couldnt get before him despite being fragile, old, and having less talent around him. By the way, Montana took over a talent less team and got them a SB win (BEFORE JERRY RICE WAS A NINER) in only his THIRD season...

FYI: Montana went to KC for his 14th and 15th years in the league (I love how you say he never got back to SB without Rice as if he played 10 more years without him or something).

Montana was 8-3 his first year in KC and 9-5 in his second year...

Montana had 29 TD's in 25 games on a RUN first team

Montana took KC to the AFC championship game in his first year on the team, including a big comeback in Mia against Marino in the 4th Qtr.

Montana took KC to the playoffs again in his second and last season in KC/NFL.

You are a complete MORON for down playing Montana and acting like he was a failure in KC...you said it...look at my signature, thats your quote. You said he didnt "fair so well in KC"...hilarious!!!

PS: I know its a team game, I always say that. But the QB position is the one position that can save or sink a team because he touches the ball on every single offensive snap.

You mention in this and other posts of yours that Trent has all sorts of wide open receivers that he doesn't see and checks down instead.

After last season, the now FIRED Turk Schonert stated in the Buffalo news that the passing offense failed because once opposing teams doubled Lee Evans it shut down the passing game.

The Bills OC comes out and states the problem was the lack of a decent receiver opposite Lee Evans and yet you continue to blame the QB.

That moron of a OC was fired because all he did was call 5-7 step drops and wanted to make the deep passing game work irregardless of what the opposing team was doing on defense. 5-7 step drops usually take 4-5 seconds to develop, the Bills O line simply can't give that much time to Trent to even complete most passes.

Trying to argue a point with you is senseless, you're about as narrow minded and dense a person as I've met on this board. Keep blaming the QB and not the receivers, not the offensive line, not the coaching. I suppose the next thing you will tell me is how great Jauron is,,, You may have gone to college, I highly doubt you learned much.

I never said our staff was great or O Line was great. I cant stand Turk and think he is a complete moron. He tried to get to fancy with a team not capable of pulling it off.

I love how you bash Turk for being a moron then quote him to argue your point. And YES, once Lee is doubled we are screwed becuase TRENT is incapable of getting the ball to Evans in those cases and is very poor at progressig through his reads. So once his hot route was gone, he was lost and checked down.

YES he would have...you suggesting he wouldnt implies he wasnt that good. And I dont know where you get your idea he wasnt that good in KC, because he was at the VERY end of his career in KC for one, and two, he took them to the playoffs where they couldnt get before him despite being fragile, old, and having less talent around him. By the way, Montana took over a talent less team and got them a SB win (BEFORE JERRY RICE WAS A NINER) in only his THIRD season...

FYI: Montana went to KC for his 14th and 15th years in the league (I love how you say he never got back to SB without Rice as if he played 10 more years without him or something).

Montana was 8-3 his first year in KC and 9-5 in his second year...

Montana had 29 TD's in 25 games on a RUN first team

Montana took KC to the AFC championship game in his first year on the team, including a big comeback in Mia against Marino in the 4th Qtr.

Montana took KC to the playoffs again in his second and last season in KC/NFL.

You are a complete MORON for down playing Montana and acting like he was a failure in KC...you said it...look at my signature, thats your quote. You said he didnt "fair so well in KC"...hilarious!!!

PS: I know its a team game, I always say that. But the QB position is the one position that can save or sink a team because he touches the ball on every single offensive snap.

Oh your history is different from mine, Montana did in fact make it back to the super bowl and won it with KC, without Jerry Rice :thumbsup:

I'm actually kind of proud you put that quote in you're sig, it really does show others what a total fool you are. It states the truth and your twisted little mind can only see what it wants to see. If you go back and look at EVERYTHING in that paragraph.

Montana also had a great team around him with the best receiver to ever play the game in Jerry Rice. Arguably the best ever head coach in Bill Walsh, who invented a great offense that is still used by the vast majority of teams today.Great teams make players look great, Montana didn't fair so well in KC after he left SF, he never made it back to the super bowl without Jerry Rice.

Did you happen to miss the statement about Bill Walsh, or just choose to ignore it or over look it like you usually do with other posts.

Bill Walsh and the west coast offense made Joe Montana great, not the other way around. Let's not forget that the 49ers dumped him for Steve Young and went on to win another super bowl in that Bill Walsh system. Go read up on what Steve Young did for the 49ers AFTER he left Tampa Bay, post some Steve Young stats.

Bill Walsh's coaching tree has 28 current and former NFL coaches in it, The west coast offense is still very widely used throughout the NFL.

Lastly, If Joe Montana had played for Detroit or the Cardinals in the 80's the guy would have become just another obscure has-been. Steve young went 2-14 in his two years with Tampa Bay and then went on to a brilliant career in San Fran with that Bill Walsh offense and Jerry Rice.

PS, you don't know it is a team game, you constantly blame the QB without taking other things into consideration, making wild statements you are totally full of crap about. Stating that the QB can't see open receives even after the teams OC states there were no open receivers once opposing teams doubled Lee Evans.

Oh your history is different from mine, Montana did in fact make it back to the super bowl and won it with KC, without Jerry Rice :worthy:

I'm actually kind of proud you put that quote in you're sig, it really does show others what a total fool you are. It states the truth and your twisted little mind can only see what it wants to see. If you go back and look at EVERYTHING in that paragraph.

Montana also had a great team around him with the best receiver to ever play the game in Jerry Rice. Arguably the best ever head coach in Bill Walsh, who invented a great offense that is still used by the vast majority of teams today.Great teams make players look great, Montana didn't fair so well in KC after he left SF, he never made it back to the super bowl without Jerry Rice.

Did you happen to miss the statement about Bill Walsh, or just choose to ignore it or over look it like you usually do with other posts.

Bill Walsh and the west coast offense made Joe Montana great, not the other way around. Let's not forget that the 49ers dumped him for Steve Young and went on to win another super bowl in that Bill Walsh system. Go read up on what Steve Young did for the 49ers AFTER he left Tampa Bay, post some Steve Young stats.

Bill Walsh's coaching tree has 28 current and former NFL coaches in it, The west coast offense is still very widely used throughout the NFL.

Lastly, If Joe Montana had played for Detroit or the Cardinals in the 80's the guy would have become just another obscure has-been. Steve young went 2-14 in his two years with Tampa Bay and then went on to a brilliant career in San Fran with that Bill Walsh offense and Jerry Rice.

PS, you don't know it is a team game, you constantly blame the QB without taking other things into consideration, making wild statements you are totally full of crap about. Stating that the QB can't see open receives even after the teams OC states there were no open receivers once opposing teams doubled Lee Evans.

You are a complete and utter moron...I wrote he got the 49ERS a SB WIN in his THIRD year in the league after taking over a talentless 49er team and he did that before Jerry Rice was ever even drafted yet. You are such a dumbass...so yes, you need a history lesson. I never said KC...he played for KC only 2 seasons, got to the AFC championship game in his first season there and the playoffs again in his last year there (and the NFL). The levels of stupid achieve is mind boggling and wildly entertaining

And let me just say one more time...You are a complete idiot if you think Montana would not have been good anywhere else considering in his 14th season on a new team he took a way LESS talented team to the AFC championship game including a comeback against Marino in Miami in the 4th qtr.

Literally, you are the dumbest poster I have seen on here not named Dog14787 with your complete down play of Montana (and now S. Young too) and his greatness. They are arguably two of the 10 best QB's to ever play the game.

This statement should literally get you banned...thats how dumb it is...

Hey Corky, let me remind you Montana took over a MISERABLE, and I mean MISERABLE 49er team and in his 3rd year in the league went 13-3 and won the Super Bowl BEFORE JERRY RICE was ever drafted!

So he went to one of the worst teams in the league and won the SB in his 3rd year, yet you make the DUMBEST, and I mean DUMBEST post I have ever seen on here saying he would be, and I quote you, "A has-been" if he would have played on another team...HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA...the levels of stupid you manage to achieve is incredibly entertaining...