Would you trade Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed to Denver for Brandon Mar

They would want much more than that..I would give em them are socalled #1 receiver Evans for Marshall and a 3 rd rdr

If we traded Evans for Marshall, Denver would have to throw in a first or second rounder to even up the deal.

Lee is as good or better and will be on the field every game.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows but my impression is we need alot more than Brandon Marshall to get this team in the playoffs. How about Ray Lewis and Larry Fitzgerald. I am just so tired of having to go through another rebuilding phase like we will next year. I thought Trent Edwards was going to replace a long line of antiKelly's . The offensive line and the quarterback will determine how the season unfolds and it doesnt look good. Bills fans I will root for ineptitude as long as I can.

looking for propofol in San Antonio

Yeah, having Marshall under contract while he refused to sign the deal we offered him would really help us. I know that having him in Buffalo but not willing to play would really improve this team. So would having him on the roster but under protracted suspension. And that is only a matter of time. This guy is the next Pacman.

Those are all "what if's???". I'm pretty sure we wouldn't go through with the trade without having him signed. And like I said, most if not all of his "off-field" issues have resulted in dismissals and/or no charges at all. Comparing him to Pacman is just stupid, both on the field AND off.

BTW, thanks for the laugh saying Lee is better than him. I was having a rough night at work - ;):unsure:

Yeah, having Marshall under contract while he refused to sign the deal we offered him would really help us. I know that having him in Buffalo but not willing to play would really improve this team. So would having him on the roster but under protracted suspension. And that is only a matter of time. This guy is the next Pacman.

Not only that, but more than half of the team's salary would be tied up at WR with a check-down QB. At least when JP was here, he had the arm to get the ball down the field. Look, Kelly Holcomb was better than TE - if all you want is someone to throw short passes.

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

have you misplaced your brain? just what we need another me guy in the jason peters mold,no thanks.

If we traded Evans for Marshall, Denver would have to throw in a first or second rounder to even up the deal.

Lee is as good or better and will be on the field every game.

That's nuts. Evans is not a better WR than Marshall, so why would Dnever give us a 1st rounder?

For everyone saying "no" please stop lying to yourselves. Brandon Marshall is 25 years old and a top 5 receiver in the league. 206 catches 2590 yards and 13 tds in the last 2 years and the vast majority of the fanbase would embrace him. Yeah I'd prefer Boldin over Marshall but the cards for all intents and purposes are in no hurry to get rid of Boldin.

He's a cancer.

For everyone saying "yes". Would you invite cancer into your locker room?

Have some of you actually played organized sports past the age of 10?

The guy is an immature, ticking time bomb. I'm not saying he's going to make it rain ala Pacman Jones, but he's a chic beating WR diva.....no thanks.

He's a cancer.

For everyone saying "yes". Would you invite cancer into your locker room?

Have some of you actually played organized sports past the age of 10?

The guy is an immature, ticking time bomb. I'm not saying he's going to make it rain ala Pacman Jones, but he's a chic beating WR diva.....no thanks.

Oh yes.....always the big drama over the "locker room cancer". There were plenty of people spouting the same nonsense when the Pats* signed Moss. Yup, he really tore that franchise apart.

Then again, all that locker room harmony has really paid big dividends for the Bills this past decade, huh?

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

NO THANKS! That dude is the close to being the biggest scumbag in the league! ;)

He wouldn't be a problem if they just paid him what he's worth. That's the same problem T.O. had in Philly. Check his salary he's one of the top 5 receivers in the league now and is one of the lowest paid.

Oh really? You mean he'd stop beating up women and acting like an !@#$ all the time if they just paid him more money?

LOL at ANYONE who says they don't want this guy on their team.

Enjoy 7-9 do ya? Cuz that's where nice guys get you.

F that, I want guys that know how to play the game. Upgrade is upgrade, I could care less if he kicks an occasional ball down the field. Boo hoo, he might be mean.... are you kidding me right now??

Funny thing is, these are the same people calling Jauron "soft" and "kitty". Which one do you want, soft and cuddly or mean nasty SOB's who know how to play the game???

I'd trade my cousin and his bottle of Frank's to get Marshall, and not think twice about it. The guy's one of the best in the league, I'll get over his occasional unhappiness...

Yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with our head coach or anything. Or our owner. Or our lack of a GM. Or our lack of a quality QB. Or the fabulous Tampa-2 defense that works so well. Or our midget defense.

It's all because Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish and Johnson aren't good enough. Why didn't I think of that?

Pros of getting Marshall & trading Reed+Parrish:

- Big weapon on offense

- Makes Bills WR corps one of the best in the league, if not THE best

Cons:

- History of immature behavior

- Will split time with 2 top WRs (TO, Evans) so individual value diminished + possibility of making all three unhappy

- TE inconsistency may not get full value of having him in the O

- We lose Reed, a proven slot receiver. Who replaces him ?

- We lose Parrish, a proven returner. Who replaces his production ?

Balancing all the above points, I think we do not make the trade as proposed. Maybe for a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year may compensate for the first 3 'cons' above.

Those are all "what if's???". I'm pretty sure we wouldn't go through with the trade without having him signed. And like I said, most if not all of his "off-field" issues have resulted in dismissals and/or no charges at all. Comparing him to Pacman is just stupid, both on the field AND off.

BTW, thanks for the laugh saying Lee is better than him. I was having a rough night at work - ;):unsure:

It must have been an awful rough night if hearing the truth cracks you up. Even with questions, severe ones, at QB, expect the addition of T.O. on the other side to put Lee over 1200 this year.

And yeah, Marshall was lucky enough to get in just early enough with the Commish that he didn't get a big penalty. The Commish has it figured out now, though. Everybody gets a lot. If Marshall pulls exactly the same stuff that he is now a multiple offender at, he'll be out for half a year.

Marshall is the next Pacman, off the field. Perhaps better on the field, but again, before his troubles consumed his life, Pacman was an excellent player. Not anymore, though.

have you misplaced your brain? just what we need another me guy in the jason peters mold,no thanks.

Um, Marshall is in the Jason Peters mold how?

Not physically, clearly.

Peters hasn't really had any off-field troubles that were not negotiation-related.

Peters hasn't ever been suspended by the league or even been in front of the Commissioner.

Peters hasn't been arrested even once, much less multiple times.

Peters hasn't ever been suspended by the team for insubordination or unwillingness to practice

I guess you mean that both are extremely good, both paid much much too little, and both expect market value. How twisted.

That's nuts. Evans is not a better WR than Marshall, so why would Dnever give us a 1st rounder?

Denver would take a straight-up deal for Lee in a second. Because it would be idiotic on the Bills part to do that. When the Bills had a QB who went long consistently, Lee was terrific, even without a good #2 on the other side.

And again, Lee will be there for every practice and every game, and Marshall will not. Denver might not do the deal, but without a first-rounder, or more, the Bills would be insane to make that trade.

Oh yes.....always the big drama over the "locker room cancer". There were plenty of people spouting the same nonsense when the Pats* signed Moss. Yup, he really tore that franchise apart.

Then again, all that locker room harmony has really paid big dividends for the Bills this past decade, huh?

Yeah, doubtless it was the harmony that has caused the Bills losing record. I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with not having enough good players. Gosh, if only we had picked up Pacman, Rae Carruth and Maurice Clarett. Then we would have been champions.

For everyone saying "no" please stop lying to yourselves. Brandon Marshall is 25 years old and a top 5 receiver in the league. 206 catches 2590 yards and 13 tds in the last 2 years and the vast majority of the fanbase would embrace him. Yeah I'd prefer Boldin over Marshall but the cards for all intents and purposes are in no hurry to get rid of Boldin.

You left out a very important fact: with Jake Cutler at QB.

Even though they were only one game better, it is just not the same. Additionally, if they pay he right off the bat (which they must do to keep him happy) that is going to create problems at WR for this year. Which #1 receiver, Evans, Marshall or Owens are you going to tell to play the slot.

Ignoring his personal problems and lets say the bills do want him, then fine, lets talk taboo here (unless someone mentioned earlier), that is, as part of the package trade Owen's to Denver along with the draft pick and another player.

You void congestion at WR, eject 6.5 million in salary, and have two start receivers for the next 5 years, or so.