Would you trade Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed to Denver for Brandon Mar

We currently have one of the most talented WR corps in football going into this year, but stats wont show that becuase we dont have anyone to get TO and Evans the ball...Marshall doesnt change that.

I say package Roscoe and Reed with that 3rd round pick and go get us a QB who can use all these weapons. Owens, Evans, Johnson and Hardy as a 4 wideout corp looks pretty good...add in Nelson and our pass catching RB's to that and a competent QB will have a Pro Bowl year...

It's not that Trent can't get them the ball, it's that the receivers aren't either where they are supposed to be, quit on the route or aren't looking for the ball(Parrish, Reed).

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roscoe is one of the most exciting returners in the game. i dont want to see him leave. plus if t.o. leaves next year, we will need him.

oh yeah i agree with jwws, lets let shobel and kelsay go. free up some cap money and get peppers (next year) or another real sack end.

go bills!

If T.O. leaves then Marshall will take his spot.

No way. He may be a good player, but a total selfish jerk, worse than T.O.. We already have Evans and Owens, so why would we need another wide out? Trent is not a deep ball thrower so why have three deep threats? He is not a team player so I hope he does go to the Jets. He will be more of a distraction than a help.

He catches balls across the middle and is a bigger, more imposing target tahn Josh Reed.

LOL at ANYONE who says they don't want this guy on their team.

Enjoy 7-9 do ya? Cuz that's where nice guys get you.

F that, I want guys that know how to play the game. Upgrade is upgrade, I could care less if he kicks an occasional ball down the field. Boo hoo, he might be mean.... are you kidding me right now??

Funny thing is, these are the same people calling Jauron "soft" and "kitty". Which one do you want, soft and cuddly or mean nasty SOB's who know how to play the game???

I'd trade my cousin and his bottle of Frank's to get Marshall, and not think twice about it. The guy's one of the best in the league, I'll get over his occasional unhappiness...

No, that's what sh!tty coaching gets you.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Jauron, and shame on you for putting me in that position!!!

BUT, Jauron isn't the ONLY reason we were 7-9 the last three years. He may be a big reason, but I can certainly come up with a list of guys who could easily fall into the same category as MR. Dicky..... and don't forget, while Jauron cost us some games the last 3 years, he certainly didn't fumble a ball, throw a pick 6, or get bull-rushed by some scrub and allow our QB(s) to get pounded. There's blame to spread everywhere...

Bringing in a guy like Marshall, while HIGHLY unlikely, would be retarded to ignore because he "doesn't play nice". talent is talent, and basically you either want to win or you want some nice guys to take part in community service and to show up every once in while and play some Football.

I can name some coaches who "don't play nice", but I'll bet most of you would take them over Mr. Jauron, given the chance.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Jauron, and shame on you for putting me in that position!!!

BUT, Jauron isn't the ONLY reason we were 7-9 the last three years. He may be a big reason, but I can certainly come up with a list of guys who could easily fall into the same category as MR. Dicky..... and don't forget, while Jauron cost us some games the last 3 years, he certainly didn't fumble a ball, throw a pick 6, or get bull-rushed by some scrub and allow our QB(s) to get pounded. There's blame to spread everywhere...

Bringing in a guy like Marshall, while HIGHLY unlikely, would be retarded to ignore because he "doesn't play nice". talent is talent, and basically you either want to win or you want some nice guys to take part in community service and to show up every once in while and play some Football.

I can name some coaches who "don't play nice", but I'll bet most of you would take them over Mr. Jauron, given the chance.

;)

I really wasn't trying to put you in a position to defend Dick. Nor am I naive enough to think that Jauron is the sole reason. He's a big-ass huge reason why we've been mired in mediocrity the last few years, but clearly not the only one.

I'm also not stupid enough to turn my nose up at talent if they get themselves into a bit of trouble now and then. But I also don't believe that being a crappy team with a group of guys that are generally of good character means you have to go to the other extreme to improve. I think we can find good players who aren't complete jackasses.

As to Marshall - his list of incidents and transgressions is much longer than this week's pout-fest at camp, and everything to me screams Pacman-esque troublemaker, and to stay far away. I'd rather overpay for a Boldin that rob the Broncos of a Marshall, but that's just me.

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

They would want much more than that..I would give em them are socalled #1 receiver Evans for Marshall and a 3 rd rdr

Is Brandon Marshall one of the top WR's in the NFL.... YES! Top 5?... YES!

Only Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss are better and only because Cutler is no longer throwing to him.

Would his presence dramatically improve the Bills passing game...YES!

Is that why the Ravens, Jets and Giants are all trying desperately to trade to get him...YES!

Is Denver really interested in trading him?....NO!

They traded away their franchise QB and are just now realizing what a bone head decision that was, the fans in Denver want Josh McDaniels head on a stick for that.

If they traded Marshall to the NY Giants I'd say he would have as big as impact as Plaxico Burris did for them, it would propel them into the SB.

;)

I really wasn't trying to put you in a position to defend Dick. Nor am I naive enough to think that Jauron is the sole reason. He's a big-ass huge reason why we've been mired in mediocrity the last few years, but clearly not the only one.

I'm also not stupid enough to turn my nose up at talent if they get themselves into a bit of trouble now and then. But I also don't believe that being a crappy team with a group of guys that are generally of good character means you have to go to the other extreme to improve. I think we can find good players who aren't complete jackasses.

As to Marshall - his list of incidents and transgressions is much longer than this week's pout-fest at camp, and everything to me screams Pacman-esque troublemaker, and to stay far away. I'd rather overpay for a Boldin that rob the Broncos of a Marshall, but that's just me.

No, I know, just messing with you!

I agree with what you're saying, and I'm sure I'd get real sick of a guy like Marshall after a while (attitude wise), but a guy with that kind of talent doesn't come around often. From what I've heard, he's been cleared of most of his previous "legal issues", and why I truly do NOT agree with his antics at practice, I think that would cease should he get a trade and a fair contract.

Like someone else just posted, worst case scenario, it doesn't work out, we move him, we move on.

And yes, I'd probably say Boldin over Marshall, long term. I'd say a few others as well, but since we're talking about Marshall, I stuck with him.

Reports are they want a starting WR and a draft pick next year. Give them Josh Reed, a punt/kick returner in Roscoe and a 3rd round pick next year. Marshall can then get Roscoe and Reed's salary. Marshall in the slot with T.O. and Lee on the outside, OOOH!

First, neither Reed nor Roscoe are starting WRs. Reed is a starting slot reciever, he doesn't line up wide, and would not help replace Marshall in Denver. He showed last year and the year before that he simply can't get it done out wide, though he's a fine slot guy.

Roscoe doesn't have value as any type of reciever, though he is certainly a valuable PR.

Second, the values are way way off. Denver wouldn't trade him if that offer is the best they get. I know I wouldn't if I were them.

Third, Marshall can't be counted on. He has a history, not just of off-field problems, but of off-field problems which are likely to cause him to miss on-field time. And soon.

Fourth, Marshall wants a new contract which would put him as a top two or three guy in the league. We couldn't get that done with a guy we absolutely knew could play in our system, and at a much more important position, LT. What makes you think we would shell out the big bucks which would be required.

This is a non-starter.

Yeah, having Marshall under contract while he refused to sign the deal we offered him would really help us. I know that having him in Buffalo but not willing to play would really improve this team. So would having him on the roster but under protracted suspension. And that is only a matter of time. This guy is the next Pacman.