Jets on the verge of getting alot stronger

K-Gun10

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early reports were saying the Broncos wanted a 1st and 3rd. Although unlikely, I think if the Jets gave that up in return for Marshall I'd be happy. I think Marshall is a cancer, and that his antics are deeply entrenched in his personality, and things will never change with him. He'll face more suspension time in the future and he'll drag whatever team he's on down with him. Mortgaging their future for a team cancer is always something I'd be happy to see to teams in our division.

Of course, if they landed him for a 2nd rounder, I'd be pissed.

Why wouldn't they part with a first rounder? They desperately need a WR. There is no one with Marshall's talent in any round next year.

The money---I could see that being a sticking point. But a 1st round pick? Who's gonna help them more (right now or next year) than a top WR?

Why wont any team trade for Boldin? The Cards were asking for a 2nd for him in April. He is better than Marshall and in no trouble with the law/league. The price tag on a new contract would be comparable too.

I agree. I'd trade a 1st for Boldin before I'd even trade a 3rd for that assclown Marshall.

Why wont any team trade for Boldin? The Cards were asking for a 2nd for him in April. He is better than Marshall and in no trouble with the law/league. The price tag on a new contract would be comparable too.

that is a head scratcher :sick:

either way, he would definitely help their team, when he's out on the field.

The question is, can he keep himself out of trouble? I don't know any sane person that could confidently say yes. That being said, they desperately need a target for their "franchise" QB.

I suspect a lot of other teams fan forums had similar posts when the Bills signed T.O. :sick:

I think that the sentiment is more that the weekly environment around him in NYC would be more combustible than for TO in Buffalo. TO never had any off-field issues.

That was my first instinct, Marshall in NYC is a disaster waiting to happen.

Boldin is a more complete WR too and one of the top 5 WR's in the league. He is also a model citizen and an incredible teammate. Unhappy with his contract he showed up and played his ass off last year and is this year too. He came back early after an almost career ending injury when he didnt have to last year. He is a leader in the locker room and so loved that his injury last year almost caused Warner to retire.

Why on Earth nobody traded for him is mind boggling...think about how much Dallas gave up for Roy...

However, I am fairly certain that AZ wanted more than a Second for him. They even pubicly said so, but still, even for a first and a third this guy is a steal.

Boldin is a more complete WR too and one of the top 5 WR's in the league. He is also a model citizen and an incredible teammate. Unhappy with his contract he showed up and played his ass off last year and is this year too. He came back early after an almost career ending injury when he didnt have to last year. He is a leader in the locker room and so loved that his injury last year almost caused Warner to retire.

Why on Earth nobody traded for him is mind boggling...think about how much Dallas gave up for Roy...

However, I am fairly certain that AZ wanted more than a Second for him. They even pubicly said so, but still, even for a first and a third this guy is a steal.

I don't know who wouldn't trade for Boldin--easily a first rounder. But was AZ truly shopping him?

If they were trying to unload him, it proves that ours is not the only dumb "GM" in the League.

Not sure what you mean by a "more complete receiver", but Boldin hasn't been a top 5 WR in a few years.

I don't know who wouldn't trade for Boldin--easily a first rounder. But was AZ truly shopping him?

If they were trying to unload him, it proves that ours is not the only dumb "GM" in the League.

Not sure what you mean by a "more complete receiver", but Boldin hasn't been a top 5 WR in a few years.

Reports were that the Cards were shopping Boldin. But are the Broncos trying to shop Marshall?

The asking price (new contract and picks) will turn teams off. As will an impending suspension for his off-field activities.

Boldin is easily a top-5 WR but injuries have dogged him the past 2 years. This last season, he had 89 catches for 1,089 yards and 9 TD's, in 12 games.

I hope this doesn't happen.

I want it to happen. I have zero faith in Marshall.

He will implode at some point in NYC. Drunk driving, beat his girlfriend, not show up to work, demand a bigger contract... take your pick of any or all of the above.

Having the J-E-T-S lose a future 1st and 3rd for this clown would be a blessing to the Bills down the line.

Broncos monitoring for tampering as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4439877

Reports were that the Cards were shopping Boldin. But are the Broncos trying to shop Marshall?

The asking price (new contract and picks) will turn teams off. As will an impending suspension for his off-field activities.

Boldin is easily a top-5 WR but injuries have dogged him the past 2 years. This last season, he had 89 catches for 1,089 yards and 9 TD's, in 12 games.

Well, OK, if you want to put him in an imaginary top 5 or a "projected top 5", I'm with you.

Marshall was just aquitted in August on the only remaining charge against him. What is the "impending suspension for his off-field activities"?