Jets on the verge of getting alot stronger

K-Gun10

No, merely being charged with a crime isn't enough to suspend someone. From where did you pull that one?

From your first statement ...

It's not what I can do, but what Goodell can do. But didn't. Or did.Maybe after Marshall's next transgression, convicted or not, Goodell will have the balls to do what he should have done already.

So if not convicted, what else would Goodel punish him for if not for being charged?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From your first statement ...

It's not what I can do, but what Goodell can do. But didn't. Or did.Maybe after Marshall's next transgression, convicted or not, Goodell will have the balls to do what he should have done already.

Marshall has multiple prior offenses, including beating up women. He was arrested again earlier this year for beating up his girlfriend. Without the prior history, no getting arrested wouldn't be enough to suspend him (again). But he obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

Marshall has multiple prior offenses, including beating up women. He was arrested again earlier this year for beating up his girlfriend. Without the prior history, no getting arrested wouldn't be enough to suspend him (again). But he obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

Regardless of prior history, merely being arrested for something is not enough to be convicted (or punished by your employer) for.

But I think we have beaten this subject into the ground sufficiently :flirt:

Regardless of prior history, merely being arrested for something is not enough to be convicted (or punished by your employer) for.

But I think we have beaten this subject into the ground sufficiently :flirt:

Not yet we haven't.

If you get arrested and suspended by work for something, and then go out and get arrested for the same thing but charges are dropped, odds are you're going to get fired. Your rep has already been made.

It looks like Marshall has been watching guys like Cutler and Peters. If you are loud, whiny, childish and self centered enough you will eventually be traded to a contender and get a new big $ contract. Apparently, the Jets have been watching too.

It looks like Marshall has been watching guys like Cutler and Peters. If you are loud, whiny, childish and self centered enough you will eventually be traded to a contender and get a new big $ contract. Apparently, the Jets have been watching too.

Well, latest reports are that the Broncos are warning the Jets against tampering. Seems they want to keep Marshall for this season at least and are telling the Jets to cease and desist.

If you get arrested and suspended by work for something, and then go out and get arrested for the same thing but charges are dropped, odds are you're going to get fired. Your rep has already been made.

It is my contention that getting a 'rep' is not legal grounds for being fired. But I guess this is where we agree to disagree.

It is my contention that getting a 'rep' is not legal grounds for being fired. But I guess this is where we agree to disagree.

Having a rep and then getting arrested, even if you're cleared, can definitely be grounds for being fired. Especially if it puts your business in a bad light. Which is the idea behind the PCP.

Having a rep and then getting arrested, even if you're cleared, can definitely be grounds for being fired. Especially if it puts your business in a bad light. Which is the idea behind the PCP.

So if this woman (or any other) makes a charge of assualt agianst him (or anyone, really) on a weekly basis and the DA drops the cases or if he is serially aquitted, he should still therefore be suspended?

Goodell no doubt would have suspended him if found guilty last month of the 2008 charge. He has stated that he tends to let the legal process go to completion in cases involving legal matters.

So if this woman (or any other) makes a charge of assualt agianst him (or anyone, really) on a weekly basis and the DA drops the cases or if he is serially aquitted, he should still therefore be suspended?

Goodell no doubt would have suspended him if found guilty last month of the 2008 charge. He has stated that he tends to let the legal process go to completion in cases involving legal matters.

Marshall was arrested for beating up his woman. It wasn't some joe schmoe making a baseless allegation. This after getting suspended for beating up his woman and getting his suspension reduced by 2 games if he attended anger management sessions. Which apparently didn't work. And apparently neither did the sit-down and suspension.

And with the latest, and further, embarrassment of a ruling by Goodell on Vick, it puts things into light WRT what a joke Goodell's "Personal Conduct Policy" truly is. How anyone, much less a Bills fan, can defend his treatment of Marshall, and especially Vick, is unbelievable.

Marshall was arrested for beating up his woman. It wasn't some joe schmoe making a baseless allegation. This after getting suspended for beating up his woman and getting his suspension reduced by 2 games if he attended anger management sessions. Which apparently didn't work. And apparently neither did the sit-down and suspension.

And with the latest, and further, embarrassment of a ruling by Goodell on Vick, it puts things into light WRT what a joke Goodell's "Personal Conduct Policy" truly is. How anyone, much less a Bills fan, can defend his treatment of Marshall, and especially Vick, is unbelievable.

I'm not defending it, just dealing with it. Grow up, son--and drop the "Bills fan" stuff, unless you've got no cogent argument to make here.

We all know why he was arrested. The jury disagreed with you.

Why don't you answer my question, if you understand it?

Don't really think that Cards were actively trying to trade Boldin. Not positive, but I thought I saw some reports of them being offered a 2nds for him a few times, but them not really making much of an attempt to negotiate anything once offers were made.

Didnt Larry Fitzgerald take a paycut in order to keep Bodin onboard?

Denver wants David Harris in any trade for Marshall.

Brandon Marshall is a better WR than Anquan Boldin. He gets the double teams because there is no WR across from him, especially one of Larry Fitzgerald's caliber, and he still racks up 100 receptions and 1,300 yards.

Mark Sanchez will end up being a better QB than Jay Cutler...with or without Marshall.

I'm not defending it, just dealing with it. Grow up, son--and drop the "Bills fan" stuff, unless you've got no cogent argument to make here.

We all know why he was arrested. The jury disagreed with you.

Why don't you answer my question, if you understand it?

I answered your question. You obviously didn't understand the response. Mostly because you fail to understand the concept of "precedent." Like how Marshall's prior arrests for domestic abuse and suspension, which was reduced to 1 game, show that he has a history of violence towards women. Yet when a cop arrests him for doing it again, it's "nothing to see here, move along" because the charges were dropped, as if it never happened and the cop imagined him hitting her. The same thing with your unfortunate citing of Tank Johnson, who was first arrested for having a gun in his car, before he was arrested again for having guns in his house and violating parole, utlimately getting suspended for 8 games. And in both cases, Goodell offered a chance to reduce the suspension by 2 games. Why not in Lynch's case? What precedent did Lynch set? Exercising his 5th amendment right? Oh, the humanity!

Goodell is a joke. But obviously he's not the only one.