Most Underappreciated Bill

JoeF

There are several Bills who I think fall into the category of underappreciated. The notoriety they gain is not commensurate with the contributions they make on the field....which Bills player do you think is the most underappreciated and why?

I would go with London Fletcher. He was put into the background (and probably justifiably so) when we signed TKO last year, but he still led us in tackles, he acts as the QB of the defense and now is poised to become a key contributor on the KO return team by being the keystone of the wedge and blowing people up....He's always in the play on D -- and he seldom misses tackles--he makes up for a lack of height with better than average speed in coverage. He is a true 4 down contributor. We got him for a relative bargain ($3.5 million per year on a 5 year deal) and all he has done is lead us in tackles the last couple of years and become the heart and soul of the defense......

So i want to say #59 Thanks for all you do.....(bud light real American hero music in background) B)

I agree with all of these players so far, except I think Bledsoe is a bit questionable as a choice because 1) I think several people still hold him in very high regard 2) his performance is still in question until he plays out of his deer-in-headlights funk (btw, I think he'll do much better this year).

[Edit: MikeH added Ruben while I was typing. Ruben was not underappreciated in Buffalo!]

Here's the only other guy I think is worth adding to this list for the Bills: Pat Williams. Pat has been a solid warrior for us, yet doesn't seem to get much love from the fans. I really hope he tries the market next year, finds little interest in him because of his age, and re-signs with the Bills.

A bit off topic, but who saw him on the Eric Moulds Show last year? The guy looks scary!

[Edit: MikeH added Ruben while I was typing.  Ruben was not underappreciated in Buffalo!]

8175[/snapback]

Thats good to hear CD, because he sure seemed to get a lot of bad press and I could never understand why.

Since this year hasn't started yet, I've got to go back to last year's performance. And IMO there were only 2 Bills who earned their salary last year: Travis Henry and Brian Moorman.

A lot of people want to see TH traded away, while most everyone is very happy with Moorman.... so I say the most underappreciated is TH.