Anybody wonder, why the "blue" states

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it's because the red states don't have the huge financial obligations that go along with enormous government spending. They have fewer employees to pay, and their economies aren't as reliant on money from the state coffers (which has dried up).

It's actually from two sides. Big government that can't downsize fast enough, yes. But also most of the blues have high income tax rates that soak the rich and get a disproportionate share of tax revenues from the top brackets. When the economy tumbles and the top earners' income drops, the states' revenues also drop at a faster rate.

Nice double whammy.

It's actually from two sides. Big government that can't downsize fast enough, yes. But also most of the blues have high income tax rates that soak the rich and get a disproportionate share of tax revenues from the top brackets. When the economy tumbles and the top earners' income drops, the states' revenues also drop at a faster rate.

Nice double whammy.

Fortunately we don't see that happening in California.

Texas is borrowing billions from the federal government to meet its unemployment benefits requirements....how NICE it is to #$# all over the "feds" until you need them eh?

My blue state is doing fine, thanks.

Texas is borrowing billions from the federal government to meet its unemployment benefits requirements....how NICE it is to #$# all over the "feds" until you need them eh?

My blue state is doing fine, thanks.

Mine isn't.

I mean, it is...but to hear the politicians talk, we're totally screwed. I guess you have to give the public something to fear...

There isn't a single state that is well run fiscally. That is fact.

It's Wall Street's fault. If they hadn't forced the innocent, faultless American consumer to buy houses at inflated prices they couldn't afford, the housing market wouldn't have crashed, municipalities would have more property tax revenue, and the states wouldn't have to subsidize them. All they need to do is raise taxes, THEN they'll be more responsible.

How about we take all the blue states and most all the great cities in the country and Wall Street and DC and the film and music capitals of the world and a significant portion of the great universities and all of you red states just secede and form your own country. That would be swell.

How about we take all the blue states and most all the great cities in the country and Wall Street and DC and the film and music capitals of the world and a significant portion of the great universities and all of you red states just secede and form your own country. That would be swell.

What are you going to eat?

Yep....my political party is better than yours....A loss for your party is a win for mine no matter how it affects the country. :)

This is the primary reason the US of A has GONE DOWN THE TOILET- now love that or leave it. The lemmings fight the sheep and nobody wins........except the countries lending us money

What are you going to eat?

Foster Farms chickens (WA), Tillamook dairy (OR), not to mention WA apples, blueberries, Dungeness crab, salmon, Yakima Valley wines...etc.

Mmm mmm mmm.

And if there's any left over we'll charge outrageous prices to sell it to the red states when they've had enough fried grease.

Foster Farms chickens (WA), Tillamook dairy (OR), not to mention WA apples, blueberries, Dungeness crab, salmon, Yakima Valley wines...etc.

Mmm mmm mmm.

And if there's any left over we'll charge outrageous prices to sell it to the red states when they've had enough fried grease.

And wait until you find out that most of those farmers and business owners are conservatives and tell you city folk to go pound sand and find your own food.

Yep....my political party is better than yours....A loss for your party is a win for mine no matter how it affects the country. :P

This is the primary reason the US of A has GONE DOWN THE TOILET- now love that or leave it. The lemmings fight the sheep and nobody wins........except the countries lending us money

:unsure::P