Saturday's Game Against Pittsburgh Important

Kenwick

This preseason game is going to tell us a lot more about the Bills than any other.

Hopefully we have seen the worse. Can the starters get much worse than what we have seen? It has been pretty bad so far this preseason. I can not wait till the Bills are at full strength with T.O. , Maybin and Byrd all starting ... Maybe the losing will stop.

I am tired of all the excuses by the coaches. So far they have been totally out coached...

The team lacks aggressiveness ... They are in no way cohesive on offense of defense...They seem to be to laid back like their head coach.

The coaches have to remember... this could be their last year ....

This Sunday we should find out if the most important player on the team can step up.... if not, we are in for one very long losing season again......Go Bills ...

This preseason game is going to tell us a lot more about the Bills than any other.

I can think of sixteen other games that will tell ups a lot more about the Bills this season than any other.

It's PRESEASON, you loon. It doesn't friggin' matter.

Hopefully we have seen the worse. Can the starters get much worse than what we have seen? It has been pretty bad so far this preseason. I can not wait till the Bills are at full strength with T.O. , Maybin and Byrd all starting ... Maybe the losing will stop.

I am tired of all the excuses by the coaches. So far they have been totally out coached...

The team lacks aggressiveness ... They are in no way cohesive on offense of defense...They seem to be to laid back like their head coach.

The coaches have to remember... this could be their last year ....

This Saturday we should find out if the most important player on the team can step up.... if not, we are in for one very long losing season again......Go Bills ...

The only "important" thing about Saturdays' game against the Steelers is that nobody gets seriously injured. It's time for the NFL to stop this insanity. Players stay in shape 12 months a year. They run voluntary and involuntary OTA's. Preseason football games have become obsolete for today's NFL athletes. I think they should be eliminated completely, and the NFL should go to a permanent 18 game regular season schedule.

Think about it. The best players on each NFL team play less then a total of one full NFL game during an entire 4 or 5 game preseason schedule. What could they possibly be gaining? And even in the Bills' case this preseason, where you have rookies and players playing in different starting positions, a few good scrimmages against their own defense would give them just as much experience as these halves of preseason games they are playing in now. Add to this fact that the Bills' coaches go beyond logical reason to not gamplan against their preseason opponents, what the hell good do these games do for the players??

I am going to the game, so I will have a full report on your desk, first thing

Monday morning.

I don't think that this game is as important as you make it out to be, but I think that the original poster does make a point,

our first units have to show some mettle, for confidence sake. Go Bills.

The next to last preseason game is the typical game for starters to see at least a full half. All teams try to rest key starters on the final PS game. Playing the world champs constitutes a fair assessment of the Bills capabilities to date. Not that we'll see a whole lot of new plays, just how well we execute 'bread & butter' type plays. i.e. if Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke own Hangartner and Wood, we'll be in a world-o-schiitt!

If the starters score a TD, I'll be happy

I think the O starters should keep playing until they score a TD.

Even if the game is over, the lights are out, and the Steelers and crowd have gone home. They stay until they score.

We may never see them again. :o