eball

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bite me, Sullivan

Call him "Captain Checkdown" or whatever else you want -- I love that Edwards challenged that blowhard Sullivan to let him know exactly which throws he should have made. Brilliant!

I hate sully, but he's right this time and Edwards is wrong. there were several games last year where edwards checked off and didn't see evans open downfield last year (especially after the concussion).

this would have been a good time for edwards to keep his mouth shut, and worry about the first team O actually getting the ball in the endzone

I hate sully, but he's right this time and Edwards is wrong. there were several games last year where edwards checked off and didn't see evans open downfield last year (especially after the concussion).

this would have been a good time for edwards to keep his mouth shut, and worry about the first team O actually getting the ball in the endzone

Sully wouldn't know the difference between an out and a post if you handed him a playbook. He's a rabble rouser who blows in the direction of the prevailing winds.

I dont blame Edwards for wanting to shortarm the ball. With the Bills Ole' offensive line he has no time. Time for screens, draws, playaction passes. Anything to get Edwards out of the maelstrom.

Call him "Captain Checkdown" or whatever else you want -- I love that Edwards challenged that blowhard Sullivan to let him know exactly which throws he should have made. Brilliant!

I think it makes Trent look foolish, especially when Sully is right to question the dynamics of the offense. He should just keep his mouth shut and play football.

Bite me, Sullivan

Please, your buddy Trent is proving to be just another whiny, blowhard below average Bills QB. Example, just listened to WGR on my way in and they had a clip of him talking about it was the first 3-4 they faced all preseason and since last year against New England! Sorry about that pal-maybe you should have learned something the past 3 years.

Just because this guy may be slightly better than Rob Johnson, JP, Todd Collins.... it doesn't mean he's any good.

Bite me, Sullivan

I would prefer that he lets his play do the talking but unfortunately the human ear cannot discern such soft sounds.

That int he threw against GB will 'haunt' him for weeks, reinforcing his notion that the checkdown is the way to go. Forget about that crap and move on to the next play trusting in yourself and your teammates. If you are happy that Edwards got chippy with a sports writer then you have low expectations.

I would prefer that he lets his play do the talking but unfortunately the human ear cannot discern such soft sounds.

That int he threw against GB will 'haunt' him for weeks, reinforcing his notion that the checkdown is the way to go. Forget about that crap and move on to the next play trusting in yourself and your teammates. If you are happy that Edwards got chippy with a sports writer then you have low expectations.

This thread has nothing to do with Edwards' play, or my assessment of same. I'm just glad he has a chip on his shoulder and is willing to tell a blowhard like Sully to stick it.

Bite me, Sullivan

Brilliant? Edwards sounds like a whiny defensive loser instead of the leader of the Buffalo Bills. What a strange group of NFL players the Bills have assembled. We have Chris Kelsy, earning millions while never making any plays on defense within the first 5 yards of scrimmage, being quoted all the time. We have Donte Whitner, quite possibly the third worst top 10 pick in Bills history, (after Mike Williams and Walt Patulski), making bold predictions of how great the team and his defense will be, and then never making a big play during the full 16 game season. We now have our starting QB throwing his coaches, linemen and receivers under the bus because he's too scared to throw the damn ball 15 yards downfield running out of a freakin' no huddle offense. <_<:worthy:

This thread has nothing to do with Edwards' play, or my assessment of same. I'm just glad he has a chip on his shoulder and is willing to tell a blowhard like Sully to stick it.

If it has nothing to do with his play then move it to Off the Wall. Be happy if you like.

Whoopty do dah day... he calls out a reporter. By the same token... Evans subtly called Edwards out. How bout that?

So, now we've got Sully, Kelly, Thermal, Evans, and a lot ot of fans on his case. We got it all wrong.

Actually I think he's calling out the coaches, not Evans. He's basically saying he is doing what he is told, which is pretty much unless your very sure of the throw, check down. It's the play it safe coaching staff, nothing new here...

Can we now question the coaching and play calling of Turk?

He's got some good plays for mid field action but somehow when the team is within the 20 it all goes south.

Let's not forget that Turk Schonert is the understudy of Steve Fairchild, who trained 3 years under Mike Martz in St Louis.

Which NFL team is Mike Martz currently coaching at? head coach somewhere? OC somewhere? assistant coach somewhere? He is currently unemployed in the NFL and doing broadcast stints.

Here is the man who was the offensive coordinator for the "greatest show on turf" in St Louis, and not employed in the NFL?

He was the head coach in St Louis after Dick Vermeil retired 2000, by 05 fired . Detroit Lions OC 06-07 fired, SF 49ers OC 08 fired.

If you watched his game plans with the Rams, Lions and 49ers he was constantly getting his QB killed by his play calling. Wanting to hit the big play with 7 step drops when the opposing defense has the receivers covered and windows are tiny to get the ball to them, unless they beat their man down field and are wide open... Sound familiar?

Kurt Warner made Mike Martz look great by his decision making and quick release and accurate throws, Warner would make any OC look great.

Last week against the Bears it had looked like Schonert had turned the corner on the Martz system with those quick slant passes and crossing routes over the middle, some really good play calling. Then this week he reverts to his old style of making the QB look horrid and getting him killed. JMO

Then tell Trent to grow a set at some point and put the ball downfield. Trent got his panties in a bunch because Sullivan is right. (as much as it pains me to say so)

There is a guy named T.O. who has been out the last few weeks with a T.O.E. injury. Just a thought, but I think his additon to the offense should open up things down the field. There are no excuses this year in the redzone with TO, Evans, Hardy (once healthy), Nelson, and the likes of Lynch, Rhodes, and Jackson running the ball.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks!