How long would you play the starts against the Steelers

I am warning you right now, don't do it! :rolleyes:

Somebody on this very board will say 1 quarter, or perhaps a series or two. ( We don't want to risk the injuries)

Injure Who? The players most of you don't believe should be on this team anyway? :beer:

I play the starters the entire game if necessary, I WILL GLADLY TAKE THE RISK.

We are opening against the Patriots and without a considerable improvement, the Bills can place a Big Fat "L" next to that game!

Now, some of you may be surprised at this.....

Vince Lombardi, John Madden,Don Schula,Bill Parcells all played the starters for 3 quarters...its not that rare at all!

Vice Lombardi played his starters for an entire game in 1964 ,then held a practice 1 hour after the game!

The players quickly realized, that penalties, uninspired play and turnovers were not acceptable on Vince's team!

I play the starters till they play well, I don't care how long it takes! :lol:

I am warning you right now, don't do it!

Somebody on this very board will say 1 quarter, or perhaps a series or two. ( We don't want to risk the injuries)

Injure Who? The players most of you don't believe should be on this team anyway?

We are opening against the Patriots and without a considerable improvement, the Bills can place a Big Fat "L" next to that game!

Vince Lombardi, John Madden, John Gruden, Don Schula, all played the starters for 3 quarters...its not that rare at all!

Vice Lombardi played his starters for an entire game in 1964 ,then held a practice 1 hour after the game!

This of coarse was before the Players union stepped in and stopped that!

I play the starters till they play well, I don't care how long it takes!

We all know that isn't going to happen, but I agree completely.. Make them earn their way off the field.

Offensively, I would say that the starters need to put together at least a couple of long scoring drives. If it takes them into the 3rd quarter, then so be it. Defensively, I would leave the entire unit in until they apply consistent pressure to the QB, generate turnovers, and/or force 3-and-outs. If it takes them into the 3rd quarter, then so be it.

I really wish folks here would stop idolizing Jon Gruden. The guy is/was nothing without Dungy's coattails to dangle from, and nowadays he's got the ESPN contract to prove it.

Remove him from OP's list of "comparable" coaches:

Vince Lombardi, John Madden, and Don Shula

and the response to his assertion that "these guys played their starters for three quarters, we should too," is a resounding,

"What!?"

Next you'll tell us we should have Handgartner play linebacker just like Chucky Bednarik did for the world champion Eagles back '60!

I really wish folks here would stop idolizing Jon Gruden. The guy is/was nothing without Dungy's coattails to dangle from, and nowadays he's got the ESPN contract to prove it.

Remove him from OP's list of "comparable" coaches:

Vince Lombardi, John Madden, and Don Shula

and the response to his assertion that "these guys played their starters for three quarters, we should too," is a resounding,

"What!?"

Next you'll tell us we should have Handgartner play linebacker just like Chucky Bednarik did for the world champion Eagles back '60!

I am not a Gruden fan. I hate his stupid scowl. But didn't he also lead the lowly Raiders to the Superbowl before escaping to TB ? Gruden may be an obnoxious ass. But he's a good coach. His biggest problem is that his aggressive persona grates on players and fans after a few years. I would take him in place of Skeletor in a heartbeat.

A quarter and a half. The length of time they play has zero effect on winning or losing against the PATs. It is a preseason game and getting pounded by the Steelers' first unit and then beating up on their second or third unit won't prove much of anything. I am fairly well alarmed at how poorly the offense has played so far but at the same time, I know from many years of watching football that preseason doesn't mean much at all. If our poor play extends to the regular season, then I'll worry but for now, I see no reason to turn a preseason game into a must win situation where we risk injuries to starters and lose the opportunity to get a last long look at our new guys before cuts.

I am warning you right now, don't do it! :rolleyes:

Injure Who? The players most of you don't believe should be on this team anyway? :beer:

Vince Lombardi, John Madden, John Gruden, Don Schula, all played the starters for 3 quarters...its not that rare at all!

I play the starters till they play well, I don't care how long it takes! :lol:

It's not rare in Buffalo for the starters to play well into the 3rd quarter of the third pre-season game. That's typical for the entire league. I would expect our starters to play well into the 3rd qtr, regardless of how well they are playing.

GO BILLS!!!

It's not rare in Buffalo for the starters to play well into the 3rd quarter of the third pre-season game. That's typical for the entire league. I would expect our starters to play well into the 3rd qtr, regardless of how well they are playing.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow, that would make sense to me!

Let them sit the entire game. I have an important non-monetary wager on this game and the second and third string score a lot more than the starters. :rolleyes:

i'd leave trent in for a total of 2 plays, when it gets to the first passing sit., take him out, so harrison doesn't cripple him

Since we already know who the starters are, we can be an Earth-buddy if we don't have them break a sweat by saving some hot water in the showers. (just kidding)

If you know who the starter are, you should share that with us....

Who starts at TE, DE's ?