Um, how about starting Fitzpatrick?

I know its a crazy thought, but why not let Fitz run with the first team next game to see how he'll do? Trent, even though I'm pulling for him, doesn't too sharp...thoughts?

I don't think it can hurt given the fact that the Edwards led offense has orchestrated exactly 0 TD's in the preseason.

Cue the "it's the preseason and doesn't matter" statements. Apparently our coaching is so genius that we don't want to show other teams that we can get into the end zone. Maybe Jauron feels if the first teamers don't score at all then our opponents will only play defense with 7 players, then you just wait and see what happens. Put 11 Bills against 7 Patriots and it gets ugly real quick, I'm talking 3 yards per carry ugly.

I know its a crazy thought, but why not let Fitz run with the first team next game to see how he'll do? Trent, even though I'm pulling for him, doesn't too sharp...thoughts?

Before last night's pre-season game, Trent had one completion and was the unquestioned starter. Now he has a bad pre-season performance against a top defense minus the best Bills player--and it's call in Fitz!

Good fans!

Before last night's pre-season game, Trent had one completion and was the unquestioned starter. Now he has a bad pre-season performance against a top defense minus the best Bills player--and it's call in Fitz!

Good fans!

Like some have mentioned, it is just pre-season....But since IT IS preseason, why not try Fitz out? He seems more comfortable out there...Hec, he might even be able to play against a 3-4 giving us an outside chance

Like some have mentioned, it is just pre-season....But since IT IS preseason, why not try Fitz out? He seems more comfortable out there...Hec, he might even be able to play against a 3-4 giving us an outside chance

an outside chance for what? to win a preseason game? He won't see the field in the regular season unless Trent is hurt

Good fans!

I know GB's D is pretty good but that was what hurt them last year, they're Defense was awful. It doesn't matter though, I think we all want our Offense to be able to play well against a good defense.

Threads like this make me want to stay away from TSW at least until the season starts. Show you understand at least a little bit about how the NFL works and don't post really stupid crap like this, for my sanity and my faith in Bills fans please.

You have got to be kidding! The interception on the first possession was an interference. It wasn't called. People just have too much idle time when they bring up an idiotic idea like starting Fitzpatrick. Edwards is fine, T.O. will be back. BTW, please don't start questioning T.O.'s injury either. I wouldn't be disappointed if he sat out even another game. It is preseason after all.

:worthy:

It was only a matter of time, before a thread like this got started. (Apologies if I missed a previous one.)

-Bills sign Fitzpatrick. Fans hate the signing. This guy sucks.

-Reports from one of the early days of camp report Fitzy was stinking the place up. Fans now REALLY hate the signing. The Bills need to sign another #2 QB!

-After the first two preseason games, Fitzpatrick performs pretty well. Fans suggest maybe he doesn't suck. They knew this was a good signing from the get-go.

-After the 3rd preseason game, the question is asked "How about starting Fitzpatrick?"

Simply fantastic!

it is outrageous that TE said this was the first time many of the guys got a look at a 3-4.

But if that is true, and we have to assume it is, then is that not, again, 100% on the coaches???

I simpoly cant get over that one it is hard to contemplate that we have been practicing against ourselves only and not against what we will see in the season.

All the "teaching" DJ does with the walk through practices is really (not) showing up here. He is teaching the offense to play against guys like Kelsay in the same system that we employ only... no pass rush and cbs playing 7-10 yards off the line.

Earth to DJ - we are the ONLY ones who play such a ridiculous and ill-suited system.

an outside chance for what? to win a preseason game? He won't see the field in the regular season unless Trent is hurt

Actually, if Trent plays that bad in the regular season for 3-4 games, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Fitz given a shot.

Good fans!

I cant take this anymore.

How long do we have to wait for a good QB?.........I guess I will have to watch an old game from the early 90s

:huh:

It was only a matter of time, before a thread like this got started. (Apologies if I missed a previous one.)

-Reports from one of the early days of camp report Fitzy was stinking the place up. Fans now REALLY hate the signing. The Bills need to sign another #2 QB!

-After the first two preseason games, Fitzpatrick performs pretty well. Fans suggest maybe he doesn't suck. They knew this was a good signing from the get-go.

-After the 3rd preseason game, the question is asked "How about starting Fitzpatrick?"

Simply fantastic!

Actually, I did like the signing from the get-go. I did read conflicting reports about Fitapatrick's performance at camp - some said he looked better each day, others - particularly certain TSW posters - said he was awful. Having not seen any of Fitzpatrick at St. John Fisher myself, and still not sold on Trent Edwards as a starting NFL QB, I liked the Fitzpatrick signing and did indeed think 'from the get-go' that he might be a better QB than Edwards. Still do.

So I consider myself immune from your first two bullets, and in full agreement with the last two. Now, if only we could sign Graham Harrell to back up Fitzpatrick...

You have got to be kidding! The interception on the first possession was an interference. It wasn't called. People just have too much idle time when they bring up an idiotic idea like starting Fitzpatrick. Edwards is fine, T.O. will be back. BTW, please don't start questioning T.O.'s injury either. I wouldn't be disappointed if he sat out even another game. It is preseason after all.

At this stage, I agree, no way on earth is Fitz a starter but at the same time, Trent is playing poorly and I don't care what his completion percentage is. His job is to get this team in the endzone, so far he is 0 for 3. In fact, I have to wonder if completing 10 out of 10 isn't more a demonstration of just how risk averse he is rather than how accurate he is. We all like him, we all see some good things in him but its high time that potential turned into reality and a glimpse or two of that in the preseason wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened.

So I consider myself immune from your first two bullets, and in full agreement with the last two. Now, if only we could sign Graham Harrell to back up Fitzpatrick...

Because Hamdan drove for 4 TDs and a FG in preseason in his last 6 drives?

Simply fantastic!

Timelines of the stupid fan behavior on here need to be posted more often. Great job, Dean.

Because Hamdan drove for 4 TDs and a FG in preseason in his last 6 drives?

It's usually best to ignore The Senator's football posts. He's quite funny on OTW, though.

Yes, it was probably interference on the play but if Trent gets the ball there when Evans turns out of the break instead of 3 steps afterwards, it's a catch and possible a nice little run afterwards.

Everyone who is bashing their head against the wall regarding the original post needs to realize that Fitzpatrick is the better quarterback. It's very clear.

Yes, the coaching staff will react the same way as you all seem to be - sit on their hands the whole season watching Trent crash and burn and check down and then next off season make a change.

Fine, that's the way the Bills have handled these issues the past several years - you're right, it's worked out so far.

I haven't been behind Trent since some of the gutless performances I saw last year after coming back from the injury. With Fitzpatrick, there will be some mistakes as we saw last night, but at least we'd see the attempts down the field.

Needless to say, I'd be behind the move, but I agree it will never happen with this staff.

Everyone who is bashing their head against the wall regarding the original post needs to realize that Fitzpatrick is the better quarterback. It's very clear.

Yes, the coaching staff will react the same way as you all seem to be - sit on their hands the whole season watching Trent crash and burn and check down and then next off season make a change.

Fine, that's the way the Bills have handled these issues the past several years - you're right, it's worked out so far.

I haven't been behind Trent since some of the gutless performances I saw last year after coming back from the injury. With Fitzpatrick, there will be some mistakes as we saw last night, but at least we'd see the attempts down the field.

Needless to say, I'd be behind the move, but I agree it will never happen with this staff.

Wow, some actual common sense...

Actually, this is the exact opposite of what the coaching staff/front office has done over the last several years. They yanked JP in and out of the starting line-up for 3 years and completely ruined a once promising career. I have not been a big fan of Trent so far, but the absolute last thing I want to see is for him to be benched for anyone other than an already established pro-bowler. I really hope they give Trent this whole year to see what he has (unless he completely flops after 5-6 games, which I don't expect). NO THANK YOU TO STARTING FITZ.

Trent is what he is, a solid starter. Very conservative game manager. It is not very exciting to watch, but can be very effective. Pennington has made a solid career out of this style of play. I pray that we stick with Trent for this year. If he succeeds and develops, we win. If not, we get a new HC and new starting QB to develop and its back to the drawing board again. But atleast we would not be sitting here arguing whether Trent ever got a real chance to prove himself. I am still hoping that some aggressiveness and downfield passing will develop in him once he get more experience and confidence.

Simply fantastic!

Very cute timeline but you forgot,

- fans discover Edwards sucks

AS far as I am concerned Edwards has played his way out of the job . He shows zero command of the offense and no confidence to make plays and STILL turns it over even though he checks down 75% of the time. It's not all coaching because this offense moves and scores with the other guys.

Starting Fitzpatrick would be like playing for a top draft pick next April, he is no starter. It really doesn't matter who starts the season anyway, our offensive line is so bad, it is only a matter of time before Edwards is hurt again and Noodle Arm gets a chance to play. Like myself and many others have been saying for 6 plus months we are in the bottom 2 or 3 in the entire NFL with our Offensive Line and not much higher, if at all, with our QB depth, both are pathetic. If this weekends game in Green Bay is any indicator at all, we are in for another long, dissapointing season at OBD, but then again, we should be used to it. Our first teams all around looked terrible, especially the O-Line, they were being pushed back from the opening whistle until they left the field.

AS far as I am concerned Edwards has played his way out of the job . He shows zero command of the offense and no confidence to make plays and STILL turns it over even though he checks down 75% of the time. It's not all coaching because this offense moves and scores with the other guys.

You would be correct if we had anything resembling a competent backup, but we don't. Edwards has been dissappointing for the most part, but even at his worst he is better than Fitzpatrick at his best, and Hamden will never be anything but a #3 at best. They really need someone mobile, because with the terrible O-Line have, we will go through a whole string of QBs this year.

I cant take this anymore.

How long do we have to wait for a good QB?.........I guess I will have to watch an old game from the early 90s

Think of it this way: Edwards might be the starter for a while on this team.

Fitz is never going to be a decent starter for ANY team.

I'd rather try to stick with Trent for at least this season. If he sucks, move on--but not to Fitz.

You would be correct if we had anything resembling a competent backup, but we don't. Edwards has been dissappointing for the most part, but even at his worst he is better than Fitzpatrick at his best, and Hamden will never be anything but a #3 at best. They really need someone mobile, because with the terrible O-Line have, we will go through a whole string of QBs this year.
Are you kidding?

:ph34r:

Simply fantastic!

Right-On Brother :huh:;) ;)

Simply fantastic!

;)

"It was only a matter of time, before a thread like this got started."

;)

You started a thread about Favre & went on record that he stunk after practicing for TWO days & throwing 4 passes for the Vikings.

Simply fantastic!

:ph34r::flirt::lol:

For the record: Trent threw an INT & FUMBLED his 1st two series against the Pack. It seems to me Favre outplayed Edwards this weekend.

That's true because if Fitz can't run the Bengals offense he can definitely run the Bills offense. This might be the most retarded post I've read in the year I've been visiting this site. You should not post anymore.

Thank the Lord you are not on staff....although I think Dicky J. may have a spot for you.

It will never happen because when you draft a quarterback and stick behind him you do just that.....stick behind him. John Elway wasn't good until what...4 or 5 years into his career...Brett Favre? Dan Marino? Steve Young is the only Hall of Famer I can think of that came INTO a good team. I'm simply amazed by the shere ignorance....Fitz is nothing but a big headed Rob Johnson....Weeeee let's get him back in here - isn't he a QB coach for USC??? haha...simply amazing. hahahahahaha love reading the idiocy.

My take on the QB situation is that like the Senator, I liked the Fitzpatrick signing. As I stated at the time and a few times since, he's a slightly more talented version of Alex Van Pelt. He will never lack for having the smarts to play the game. But like "The Pill" he's a bit limited physically.

While Trent isn't a top shelf talent, his ceiling is much higher than Fitzpatricks. Fitzpatrick might have a higher floor but if the Bills are going to accomplish anything (a winning season), it'll be because Trent and the coaching staff were able to improve against 3-4 defenses.

Thank the Lord you are not on staff....although I think Dicky J. may have a spot for you.

It will never happen because when you draft a quarterback and stick behind him you do just that.....stick behind him. John Elway wasn't good until what...4 or 5 years into his career...Brett Favre? Dan Marino? Steve Young is the only Hall of Famer I can think of that came INTO a good team. I'm simply amazed by the shere ignorance....Fitz is nothing but a big headed Rob Johnson....Weeeee let's get him back in here - isn't he a QB coach for USC??? haha...simply amazing. hahahahahaha love reading the idiocy.

Based on this, ignoring this post is probably best...Young came into the worst team of this entire group, the Tampa Bay Bucs. Ignorance is right.