Best back up singers?

Agreed on the others posted so far. I'll submit:

- "Young Americans" by David Bowie... featuring a young Luther Vandross.

- The "Harvest" and "Harvest Moon" albums by Neil Young... featuring James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Clayton

Merry Clayton is the female vocalist. She was a Gospel singer who did backup vocals for various artists, including Ray Charles. She had a regular role on the '80s TV show Cagney and Lacey, and played a maid in the movie Maid To Order. She released her own version of this song.

I have no idea who they/she are , but sometimes I wish Mick would just keep his mouth shut.

Agreed on the others posted so far. I'll submit:

- "Young Americans" by David Bowie... featuring a young Luther Vandross.

- The "Harvest" and "Harvest Moon" albums by Neil Young... featuring James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt

Hmm, I always thought Ronstadt was only on "Heart of Gold." I'll have to break out "Harvest" again. Awesome album.

I have no idea who they/she are , but sometimes I wish Mick would just keep his mouth shut.

Local cover band Hit N Run does a killer version of Gimme Shelter, especially the female vocals. This Wednesday they close out the summer Molson concert series at Gateway Park in N Ton. Don't miss it

Half of the tracks on Darkside of the moon.

I was just at the Classic Albums live of "Dark Side of the Moon" on Friday. They had a woman who did all the backup singing who was pretty good, although on that album, I'd also have to give the soud effects guy credit for backup vocals too, lol

Whenever I've seen the Stones sing that song in concert, and I'm sure it's not Merry Clayton up there every time, but whoever it is, absolutely steals the show. She's incredible.

The woman who has been the Stones touring back-up vocalist for the last 20 years or so, is Lisa Fischer... does a great duet with Keith Richards on "Talk Is Cheap", called "Make No Mistake".