Etukeren = Maybin

reginald

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our man, #71 Etukeren had 2 solo tackles/1 assist...he was only in for a few plays at end of the game...not bad!

The following is amazing;

Kelsay - 1 tackle

Denney - 1 tackle

Schobel -1 tackle

Trent Edwards - 1 tackle

source: the nets

The data are very convincing.

That was before he recognized the allure of Kim Possible. :worthy:

Indeed.

:thumbsup:

Billdo's body of work was lost in the Crash of '08, when our hard drive melted down and fried everything from the 2007 season, but the Retatta thread has a permanent home on the baseball sub-board: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=25951

(The link in Darin's post no longer works, but here's the archived version: http://web.archive.org/web/20060522173609/...tegory=American )

Enter at your own risk. Ditto for the homework thread DC Tom mentioned.

Bummer about the loss of the "Billdo" threads. That was a Sketch Soland Smackdown Extraordinaire. Glad I wasn't on the receiving end of THAT!

Speaking of which, where is Sketch? I still remember that idiotic pony avatar. Amazing what sticks with you...

I don't suppose we get credit for our post count from back then, do we?

Our man, #71 Etukeren had 2 solo tackles/1 assist...he was only in for a few plays at end of the game...not bad!

The following is amazing;

Kelsay - 1 tackle

Denney - 1 tackle

Schobel -1 tackle

Trent Edwards - 1 tackle

source: the nets

you don't happen to know when those tackles happened. not against Aaron Rodgers or Ryan Grant, perhaps.

oh, there it is, way in the back, final two series.

-- he tackled T.Sutton (actually pushed out of bounds) after 10 yard gain.

-- he tackled Lumpkin after 5 yard gain.

-- and he tackled Sutton again after 5-yard gain. ... Packers did score on the one series he was in.

source: gamebook.

again, I have nothing against Etukeren, and hope he has a fulfilling future. but once again, rginal, your comparisons are somewhat lost on me.

hey, here's a comparison you might like, i'm guessing Etukeren has had more tackles this preseason than Bruce Smith did in most preseasons. does that mean the two are equal?

jw

you don't happen to know when those tackles happened. not against Aaron Rodgers or Ryan Grant, perhaps.

-- and he tackled Sutton again after 5-yard gain. ... Packers did score on the one series he was in.

again, I have nothing against Etukeren, and hope he has a fulfilling future. but once again, rginal, your comparisons are somewhat lost on me.

hey, here's a comparison you might like, i'm guessing Etukeren has had more tackles this preseason than Bruce Smith did in most preseasons. does that mean the two are equal?

jw

I wrote, "He was only in for a few plays at the end of the game."

Etukeren was NOT IN the game when the Packers scored....check the replay.

Thought it was sadly fitting that T. Edwards was credited with the same number of tackles as Kelsay, Denney, & Schobel.....didn't YOU? Source: ESPN Webs

When in Pittsford, where did you go drinking...Thirsty's, Jo Jo's?

Spellcheck time.

Thought it was sadly fitting that T. Edwards was credited with the same number of tackles as Kelsay, Denney, & Schobel.....didn't YOU? Source: ESPN Webs

Spellcheck time.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would stop crediting us with your nonsense.

Sincerely,

Teh Interwebs.

jw

Spellcheck time.

Play does not = series. I have no desire to waste any more of my time checking the replay, but John is absolutely correct that the Packers scored on that series. Here's the mystical "gamebook" to which he referred:

Green Bay Packers at 8:09, (1st play from scrimmage 8:04)

1-10-GB 25 (8:04) T.Sutton left tackle to GB 25 for no gain (N.Harris, C.Bryan).

2-10-GB 25 (7:34) B.Brohm pass incomplete short right to K.Heckendorf.

3-10-GB 25 (7:30) (Shotgun) B.Brohm pass short left to J.Harris to GB 40 for 15 yards (J.Byrd).

PENALTY on GB-E.Moore, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

1-10-GB 25 (7:08) T.Sutton right guard to GB 30 for 5 yards (C.Bryan, N.Harris).

2-5-GB 30 (6:34) B.Brohm pass incomplete deep right to J.Allen [J.McCargo].

3-5-GB 30 (6:29) (Shotgun) T.Sutton left tackle to GB 40 for 10 yards (R.Manalac; N.Harris).

1-10-GB 40 (5:59) T.Sutton left tackle to GB 40 for no gain (A.Bowen).

2-10-GB 40 (5:26) B.Brohm pass short right to K.Heckendorf to GB 49 for 9 yards (C.Harris).

3-1-GB 49 (4:53) T.Sutton left end pushed ob at BUF 41 for 10 yards (A.Etukeren).

PENALTY on BUF-E.Lankster, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at BUF 41.

1-10-BUF 26 (4:45) K.Lumpkin left guard to BUF 21 for 5 yards (N.Harris, A.Etukeren).

2-5-BUF 21 (4:07) T.Sutton left tackle to BUF 11 for 10 yards (J.Wendling).

1-10-BUF 11 (3:25) B.Brohm pass short right to K.Heckendorf to BUF 3 for 8 yards (C.Harris).

2-2-BUF 3 (2:55) T.Sutton right tackle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-R.Martin.

BUF 14 GB 31, 13 plays, 75 yards, 1 penalty, 5:18 drive, 12:09 elapsed

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/5...GB_Gamebook.pdf

This thread is truly the gift that keeps giving. Thanks for signing up for the board, Mr. Etukeren!

Add: one more thing -- Etukeren is actually fourth among Bills d-linemen in tackles. The three ahead of him: Chris Ellis, Copeland Bryan, and Corey Mace. So we can keep those four DEs and get rid of Schobel, Kelsay, AND Denney, and switch Maybin to LB. Outstanding!

source: NFL.com stats

This thread is truly the gift that keeps giving. Thanks for signing up for the board, Mr. Etukeren!

Next thing you know, we'll learn that Jeff Gillooley baby sat for the Etukeren family and still does family errands...

Spellcheck time.

you're not his mom, are you? if so, my sincerest apologies to you Mrs. Etukeren. i mean no offense to your son.

jw

ADD: Hey Lori, if rginal is not related to Etukeren, he might be the one who started the write-in petition to have Rory Fitzpatrick voted to the NHL All-Star game a few years back.

Play does not = series. I have no desire to waste any more of my time checking the replay, but John is absolutely correct that the Packers scored on that series. Here's the mystical "gamebook" to which he referred:

Add: one more thing -- Etukeren is actually fourth among Bills d-linemen in tackles. The three ahead of him: Chris Ellis, Copeland Bryan, and Corey Mace. So we can keep those four DEs and get rid of Schobel, Kelsay, AND Denney, and switch Maybin to LB. Outstanding!

I for one am glad we have a player who can so solidly shove someone out of bounds after a 10 yard gain on 3rd and 1.

I for one am glad we have a player who can so solidly shove someone out of bounds after a 10 yard gain on 3rd and 1.

And I'm glad we have a player in Donte Whitner who got knocked out cold by a nobody running back in Sammy Morris. That was a embarrassment....period.

John, I need a spell check on "embarrassment."

And I'm glad we have a player in Donte Whitner who got knocked out cold by a nobody running back in Sammy Morris. That was a embarrassment....period.

Yeah, and as a rookie Troy Polamalu got run over by Corey Dillon, and Ray Lewis got steamrolled by Eddie George (in the playoffs no less), and Roy Williams got pancaked by the mighty Chris Brown.

It happens, it's football, not tiddlie-winks.

We've had this discussion before roginild. You're wrong.

source - internetz

Lori, Why do you have to check the replays? John W. may be technically correct, but it's not what he implied.

Thanks for your input though.