cold dose of reality re the Bills O-line

ah yes, ranking things before you ever see them in action. guess thats one way to do it...

i mean, im not going to argue against his points. but to try to quantify where they are going to be in November, when he was writing this in JUNE, is a bit absurd. but it's the offseason.

i dont really think thats much of a "dose of reality" considering the "reality" part hasnt happened yet.

They've got a lot to prove...but we've known that for months.

And lets remember, one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL last year won a Superbowl.

And the Patriots, during their first SB win, projected to have a terrible O-Line that season.

And the Giants of the 2000 season were also said to have a young, inexperienced O-Line that would cost them a dozen wins...they won the SB that year too.

The Bills O-Line is the key to this season, no doubt about it...but preseason projections seem fairly useless.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...dk2k9olineranks

Dueling it out with Detroit for worst in the league (by a long stretch), if Scouts Inc. is to be believed ...

The article is from July 30th, so it's a very early analysis. That being said, I would have ranked them near the bottom of the league knowing that no starter was returning to their previous position and 2 rookies were slated to start. He's not really going out on a limb as far as pre pre-season rankings go...

wow, thats one hell of a stretch Matt Williamson. Predicting that 5 players that are playing all together for the first time lacks continuity. Meh. If that article would have been on paper I might have used it to wipe my a$$.

And you should know more than anyone...Mr. Obvious...

Not surprising that the Bill O-line on paper is viewed as a bad unit. But what is actually going to be on the field could be different. Also we have a different perception of our own players because we watch every game (And in some cases some even watch them practice). I think this unit will struggle at times but the line will gel and form a unit that will show signs of improvement by the latter portion of the season.

wow, thats one hell of a stretch Matt Williamson. Predicting that 5 players that are playing all together for the first time lacks continuity. Meh. If that article would have been on paper I might have used it to wipe my a$$.

The funny thing is he says how important continuity is when refering to Buffalo, then when talking about the Eagles he mentions all the changes & injuries on their O-line without a thought of continuity.

Somebody needs to give Matt Williamson a spoon....................

so he can eat my ass!

Let me be the 1st. I will say they will be at least as good as last year from game one on.

LW had a really bad game, and was holding on every passing down, not to mention they didn't even try running to the left. gonna be a tough year for edwards

LW had a really bad game, and was holding on every passing down, not to mention they didn't even try running to the left. gonna be a tough year for edwards

I didn't see LW get called for holding on every passing down. Officials allow holding as long as it isn't flagrant in the new NFL.

Ok, then objectively after watching the revamped OL after two August games, anyone willing to say that Scouts is wrong?

Of course not Gerry, not if one has any objectivity at all. The Bills, despite playing in crazy elements, tend not to make the offensive line a priority. Instead, they focus on defensive backs. Levy did this for years and Jauron hit the ground running on this sure track to losing football games. This is beyond dispute.

This year was a tad different. WE DID take OGs in the first and second rounds. This is unheard of for this team. The bad news is that we let out left tackle walk, and now we have a fat RT in that slot.

Nothing in Buffalo will change until we build a team that is suited for the climate, and the blue collar community of WNY. This will have to include tackles on both sides of the football. The Bills are not tough enough, and will continue to lose until they are built to be blue collar, cold weather NFL Team.

Sorry my friend but Jauron = losing football games.

Jmo.