Hardy

SlamnSam

Can someone tell what reason hardy is still on this football team?

If you can't see for yourself, then it's probably useless trying to tell you but here goes: he was hurt most of last year and never had a chance to fully develop, he was a high 2nd Round pick, he's a huge red zone target with tremendous athletic ability. Just a few reasons...can you comprehend any of that or was it too much to process? 262 posts in 7+ years and you feel the need to start this thread? Seriously?? Go back to your Patsies* board, troll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that this is a big IF and that we have a lot of hope in these guys, but man, this quote terrifies me.

I've been impressed with Stevie Johnson. This years injury bug has really gotten ahold of him but, I thought he was really starting to break through. I hope he's on the mend and can log some more minutes. If he picks up where he left off last year, I would have no problem with him competing for the #2 job next year.

Jimmy's going to be just fine as soon as Turk and his staff train him to tie his shoe laces and run in the right direction, that is, if he doesn't shoot his daddy first. No one wants to go back to the smerf receiving corps. The taller the better. It's all about tallness. The whole league is looking for the next Plaxico Burress.

I was at the night practice last week in the VIP area (thanks Sis), and I stayed after the practice was over to watch Hardy run routes with Baker throwing and a few DB's who volunteered to be token obstacles. I also saw him on the field behind the tents working out on his own. He was also nice enough to pose for quick photo with my sister when he was jogging between the fields to start his post practice workout.

All I can say is that this guy has unreal talent. I have never seen a guy with strides that long that were also quick. When he accelerates, he covers so much ground so quickly that I don't think there are many DB's who can stay with him out of his breaks. Once his route running is sharpened and he knows the playbook well enough to play without the hesitation that comes with "...the pale cast of thought...", he is going to be as good as he wants to be. He just needs to stay healthy and he needs to want it and want it bad. For the team's part, they just need to be patient. Remember, it took Moulds a few years to amount to anything.

And another thing, he should not be relegated to jump balls in the back of the endzone. He has the speed to do a lot more than that. A gazelle with an attitude. His speed, flat out, may not be all that much faster than other WR's but his acceleration is something else. Post patterns where he can turn on the jets when he breaks inside and drag routes across the field should be on his dance card for sure.

As most of you know, I am pretty pessimistic about this team so I am not prone to easy compliments. If Hardy stays healthy and out of trouble off the field, the sky is the limit.

The one concern I have for him are his hands. Haven't seen enough of him to make that judgment yet.

I don't think it's a question of needing him. When we drafted him it was to potentially be the large posession threat to go opposite of Evans. He had the ACL injury to go along with his rough rookie season, as many of the heralded WR's in the draft of '08 battled injury and the "learning curve". I think the signing of Owens benefits him the most if he soaks up everything he can like a sponge. It's only his 2nd year and he's coming off of a serious injury. Give him time. I think by this time next year we'll be reading and hearing alot of good things about this kid. Patience is a virtue that most fans don't posess, but in this case it is needed. Let's wait until after next season ('10) to see if there's improvement before we start trying send the guy packing.

Not sure what you do for a living, but if you change jobs anytime in the future, you better hope your new boss doesn't read your posts or he may get the idea to fire you if you're not up to speed and doing as well if not better than everyone else within say maybe one month. You had better know everything there is to know if you hope to keep your job.

I hear ya, but this is becoming less and less true. With Marques Colston, Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson the last few years, the good one's can definately play right away.

You bring up a good point except there is one thing that most fail to realize.... they all have really good quarterbacks (brees, cutler (had), mcnabb). A better quarterback will make any wide receiver look better. This is jmo but we shall see how eddie royal does this year with a mediocre quarterback. And as for the original writer of this post, wtf????? It sucks cause I'm sure you consider yourself a bills fan, making nonsensical comments all over the place.

I hear ya, but this is becoming less and less true. With Marques Colston, Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson the last few years, the good one's can definately play right away.

I'm sure Jimmy Smith, Eric Moulds, Donte Stallworth, Hines Ward and Wes Welker have something to say about that.

I'm sure Jimmy Smith, Eric Moulds, Donte Stallworth, Hines Ward and Wes Welker have something to say about that.

How old are those guys? That's why I started my post with this is a trend BECOMING less and less true.....

I have cited three RECENT great examples. If it can be done by them, it can be done.

You bring up a good point except there is one thing that most fail to realize.... they all have really good quarterbacks (brees, cutler (had), mcnabb). A better quarterback will make any wide receiver look better. This is jmo but we shall see how eddie royal does this year with a mediocre quarterback. And as for the original writer of this post, wtf????? It sucks cause I'm sure you consider yourself a bills fan, making nonsensical comments all over the place.

No doubt. But let me also add Dwayne Bowe to the list. High production....rookie year, crappy QB.

Again, its being done a lot more recently. So, excuses for Hardy are just that.

Do you have a clue? Receivers of his height and potential don't come along everyday. You might not see much of him this season, but Owens will be gone after this year and that position will most likely be his. I give a vote myself that it might be the worst post of the year.

And if Owens is our best receiver this year, why for the love of God would we not resign him to a 2 or 3 year contract after the season is over? I would be perfectly fine with him finishing his career right here in Buffalo. And by the way Hardy looked awful last year. He has absolutely no idea of how to play receiver in the pro game. He may become something in the future, but geese you wonder how he could be so raw.

And it does get annoying to read posts from people like yourself who think they know everything about the game of football. Just because another fan wants a guy cut who did absolutely nothing for us, you shouldn't become all high and mighty Mr. Freak. And to say that Hardy will be good enough to take over for Owens next year could be the reach of the century. But only time will tell.

I would cut him over any of our receivers. I believe he has clearly shown he is not an NFL receiver.

So I guess the fact that he basically won the Jacksonville game last year by using his size to come down with the game winning TD doesn't matter? None of our other WR's would have been able to catch that ball. And u gotta remember that he is only a rookie, and ususally rookie WR's take the longest time to develop.

If you can't see for yourself, then it's probably useless trying to tell you but here goes: he was hurt most of last year and never had a chance to fully develop, he was a high 2nd Round pick, he's a huge red zone target with tremendous athletic ability. Just a few reasons...can you comprehend any of that or was it too much to process? 262 posts in 7+ years and you feel the need to start this thread? Seriously?? Go back to your Patsies* board, troll.

Oh we have to measure the number of post to be on this board? You can do the same as sharper802

Hardy is

a. Injured.

b. Has a 2nd round contract.

c. Had spot duty last season.

He's a topic subject, for sometime in the future. If he's a good player or a bust...time will tell.

Right now, he's a lock for being on the roster unless management wants to dump $$$ down the toilet by cutting him, or toss him over to one of those those IR etc. catagories.

The Bills weren't the only club that had their eye on him going into the draft.

And DJ and his little buddy Snert weren't exactly wowing the world with offensive play-calling pyrotechnics...

Agreed, a WR can come into the league and make an impact. I'd add Donnie Avery and Dwayne Bowe in that list as well.

How old are those guys? That's why I started my post with this is a trend BECOMING less and less true.....

I have cited three RECENT great examples. If it can be done by them, it can be done.

There were a couple QB's that came out of the box strong last year, that does not mean every rookie QB can.