Ko Simpson played a ton last night.

From what I can remember, the Billls usually give a player that they are most likely going to cut a lot of playing time in preseason. This has happened with a bunch of players since DJ and crew have been here. They do it because they want to give the player a chance to prove himself, and, because they are nice enough to let him get some film recorded for a potential look by other teams. This has been said by Chris Brown on multiple occasions.

I realize that there were injuries at CB/S last night, but, why was Ko Simpson playing in the 4th quarter? Why did he start the game(if you watched it from the beginning, he was the starter, and was announced as the starter, not Scott)? He was out there a heck of a lot throughout the game as well. If you watch the highlights, here, he was in in the third qtr, and was beaten on the last play of the highlights in the 4th.

Again, I understand that there are injuries...but it seems strange that Simpson would be playing that late into the game. Given the past history of what the Bills have done with players in similar situations...I gotta say he is at least on the bubble, if not, on his way out of here.

Scott was announced the starter before the game but left with a knee injury. I too was a little surprised to see Ko out there late in the game.

I'll watch it again at 8pm...but I could have sworn they announced Simpson as the starter on the local TV broadcast. In any case, there's no doubt he played with the first team. He played in every quarter of the game, and he got beat twice on big plays. We'll see...but they have done this with a lot of players they were going to cut early.

I'll watch it again at 8pm...but I could have sworn they announced Simpson as the starter on the local TV broadcast. In any case, there's no doubt he played with the first team. He played in every quarter of the game, and he got beat twice on big plays. We'll see...but they have done this with a lot of players they were going to cut early.

I think he's on the bubble maybe done. He hasn't been the same since his injury and the offseason arrest does not help. :)

Agreed, there's a reason they drafted Byrd in the 2nd round

I think they need to see if Ko is going to be the player he was becoming in his rookie season, the one who declined tremendously after the injury, or something in-between (the one who played better at the end of last season).

I think he, and Youboty are possible cuts, but for very different reasons.

I think Ko will really have to impress to stay on the team (not a good start). But the Byrd injury makes things a little more difficult. If Byrd looks good when he finally gets better, Ko is in real danger. If Byrd doesn't get back in time to impress, Ko has a better chance to make the team.

Youboty always seems to play well...when he is on the field. Last night was no exception, IMO. But if he gets dinged again, and misses another game, the coaches have to be thinking about his roster spot, IMO.

I think he's on the bubble maybe done. He hasn't been the same since his injury and the offseason arrest does not help. :unsure:

The new issue of Bills Digest on page six in the T.O., Evans shine on Day Two piece they say this about Ko;

"One of the most amusing moments of the start of camp came in the afternoon session on the 26th. After Ko Simpson notched his first interception of camp from a tipped Gibran Hamdan pass, one fan yelled (with impeccable timing): 'You're worth millions!'"

:lol:

From what I can remember, the Billls usually give a player that they are most likely going to cut a lot of playing time in preseason. This has happened with a bunch of players since DJ and crew have been here. They do it because they want to give the player a chance to prove himself, and, because they are nice enough to let him get some film recorded for a potential look by other teams. This has been said by Chris Brown on multiple occasions.

I realize that there were injuries at CB/S last night, but, why was Ko Simpson playing in the 4th quarter? Why did he start the game(if you watched it from the beginning, he was the starter, and was announced as the starter, not Scott)? He was out there a heck of a lot throughout the game as well. If you watch the highlights, here, he was in in the third qtr, and was beaten on the last play of the highlights in the 4th.

Again, I understand that there are injuries...but it seems strange that Simpson would be playing that late into the game. Given the past history of what the Bills have done with players in similar situations...I gotta say he is at least on the bubble, if not, on his way out of here.

Let's see.... How many former starter's get arrested in the off-season, play into the fourth quarter of a pre-season game, and get beat by the third stringers for TD go on to make the final roster??? The only thing that saves him is an injury to Scott or the horrible play of Wendling....

I just watched the network broadcast on DVR. Although Scott was announced coming out of the tunnel at the game, Ko Simpson was announced as the starter on TV. On TV, on first and second down, it wasn't clear who was out there. But on 3rd down, Scott was in the picture. Scott also started on the 2nd series of defense. With the new DBs in town, Ko is on the bubble this year.

Let's see.... How many former starter's get arrested in the off-season, play into the fourth quarter of a pre-season game, and get beat by the third stringers for TD go on to make the final roster??? The only thing that saves him is an injury to Scott or the horrible play of Wendling....

If Simpson just turned around on that play, he has an end-zone interception instead of a touchdown for the Bears. He looked like a free agent rookie.

Also agree that Wendling looked awful, both in coverage and tackling. I hope Byrd can play. Safety is a problem.

Scott plays SS, Kop plays FS. What is the correlation? More like injury to Dante would affect Ko.

Scott plays SS, Kop plays FS. What is the correlation? More like injury to Dante would affect Ko.

The reason they are related is Whitner plays either safety. The Bills like to go with the best safety other than Donte, and use Donte in the other spot (that way the two best players are on the field). If Scott is a better SS than Simpson is a FS, then Scott and Whitner start. If Simpson were to return to his previous form, then Simpson would be the FS and Whitner the SS.

They are giving him a good look now because he is on the bubble. My guess is that he gets cut.

I won't be surprised at all, to see him cut.

Too bad. The guy looked good as a rookie. I guess the leg injury was just too much for him.

The reason they are related is Whitner plays either safety. The Bills like to go with the best safety other than Donte, and use Donte in the other spot (that way the two best players are on the field). If Scott is a better SS than Simpson is a FS, then Scott and Whitner start. If Simpson were to return to his previous form, then Simpson would be the FS and Whitner the SS.

good explanation thx

If Simpson just turned around on that play, he has an end-zone interception instead of a touchdown for the Bears. He looked like a free agent rookie.

Also agree that Wendling looked awful, both in coverage and tackling. I hope Byrd can play. Safety is a problem.

agree. Wendling is a special teams only guy and I'm sick of those kind of players taking up spots on the roster when we need real depth on offense or defense.

Ko doesn't seem to know how to cover. Still plays like a rookie.

agree. Wendling is a special teams only guy and I'm sick of those kind of players taking up spots on the roster when we need real depth on offense or defense.

Ko doesn't seem to know how to cover. Still plays like a rookie.

I am not a simpson fan, but I didnt think he looked that bad. He at least played his rules right and had decent coverage when he got burned.

I think Ko's biggest issue is, he has lost a step or two (from not being all that fast to begin with) but hasn't adjusted his angles to that lack of speed. He is certain he can get to point A in time, but he can't.

Ko doesn't make plays, and he doesn't hit anybody. He's an average backup FS. He knows where to be most of the time, but he's usually a step late in getting there. If Ko was the answer at FS they wouldn't have drafted Byrd. I'm looking forward to watching that guy play.

I think BOTH Simpson and Wendling will be gone. There's no reason to keep 5 and 6 safeties on the roster. Wendling is terrible on defense, good on special teams. But, Wilson was our ST captain and is good at both. That makes Wendling expendable. Scott, Whitner, Byrd, Wilson is all we need.

I think KOJ is on his way out along with Yobooty. Lankster was impressive not only Saturday but all through camp so far. I like Corner as well. Byrd is now practicing. Simpson and Youbouty were just bad picks. Time to move on.