Florio Holds The Same Opinion As I Do..............

H2o

He had the best post-game interview I have ever heard.

Poor guy has a stuttering problem. I was working on something and heard him in the background......I kid you not I picked up the remote to fix the Tivo because I thought it was skipping.

He seems like a nice kid. I think he just crapped his pants at he podium.

Poor guy has a stuttering problem. I was working on something and heard him in the background......I kid you not I picked up the remote to fix the Tivo because I thought it was skipping.

That was hard to watch, and made me feel really bad for Ellis. I hope he can be like Lester Hayes and let his play do all the talking. So far, so good.

That was hard to watch, and made me feel really bad for Ellis. I hope he can be like Lester Hayes and let his play do all the talking. So far, so good.

Yeah....not to even make fun......it was really crazy to hear.

He seems like a bright-eyed, good hearted kid so I hope he keeps doing well. I don't know if he makes it though since he was involved in a TD both weeks now. Good story though.

Yeah....not to even make fun......it was really crazy to hear.

He seems like a bright-eyed, good hearted kid so I hope he keeps doing well. I don't know if he makes it though since he was involved in a TD both weeks now. Good story though.

Rookie mistakes are to be expected. He's not going to see much PT if he makes the active roster, but his reading of what the offense is doing will come in time. I think he will be a contributor more so next season and it's good to see young defenders with a knack for making plays on defense.

The key for him probably is whether he can help out on special teams while he learns to play at the NFL level.

Exactly! Many observers seem to focus on how a player will contribute as a position player, but unless this rookie is gonna beat out McGee or McKelvin (not! is the answer to this question) or the vets Youboity and Florence and one year guy Corner he is not going to contribute to this team in any way but on ST.

The INTs were great (mostly because it shows him responding under pressure- the tip drill INT was most impressive) but if anything it gets him a spot on the PS. If he wants to make the active roster then ST and practice performance is what will get him on the roster or not.

Exactly! Many observers seem to focus on how a player will contribute as a position player, but unless this rookie is gonna beat out McGee or McKelvin (not! is the answer to this question) or the vets Youboity and Florence and one year guy Corner he is not going to contribute to this team in any way but on ST.

The INTs were great (mostly because it shows him responding under pressure- the tip drill INT was most impressive) but if anything it gets him a spot on the PS. If he wants to make the active roster then ST and practice performance is what will get him on the roster or not.

I haven't heard about his ST play, but Lankster has been a beast in the practice setting as well (from what I've read).

And seriously, most of our DBs are young and may take a while to become top performers, but we are stacked:

McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, Youbouty, Lankster, and even Sargeant and Harris have shown some promise.

If only every position was as stacked as CB, RB, and WR.

Given the Bills recent history of losing multiple DBs to injury (for parts of games, or entire games), I expect almost every DB to see some PT on offense. The good news is, it looks like they have some real quality depth.

Looks like he may have been a steal but keep in mind not the strongest of competition on the field. When he does the same against Peyton Manning or another top QB then I will sing his praises. I am just happy that the Bills appear to have more of a nose for the ball overall.

Pat Williams also had a stuttering problem.

Dude got fried all the time at WVU.

Hate to do it, but I gotta agree with murra. Lankster did not nearly look this good at WVU as he has so far in Buffalo. I attribute this to different types of coverage from a 335 bandit Defense to the cover 2. While I wouldnt have used the term fried all the time, Lankster did not look like a draft day pick at any point in his career either as a Returnman or CB.

Hate to do it, but I gotta agree with murra. Lankster did not nearly look this good at WVU as he has so far in Buffalo. I attribute this to different types of coverage from a 335 bandit Defense to the cover 2. While I wouldnt have used the term fried all the time, Lankster did not look like a draft day pick at any point in his career either as a Returnman or CB.

I think it might have something to do with that 3-3-5 defense that they run with an extra safety on the field. They always seemed susceptible to getting torched by a good passing attack.

The kid looked fantastic out there, except for the Iglesias TD play. I think we have found a diamond in the rough of the 7th Round.

:blink: I guess that makes your opinion wrong most of the time. Now if it was news it would be made up or based on something an agent was trying to pass on as "news" most of the time.

any word on how long Florence is going to be out?

any word on how long Florence is going to be out?

This is the latest;

Linky

Injury update

By Chris Brown - Posted August 16th, 2009

Head coach Dick Jauron would only say that Drayton Florence and Bryan Scott have knee sprains. He did say that Scott’s is milder, but his injury also involves his ankle. TE Travis McCall also has a sprained knee.

John McCargo suffered a stinger early in the game that lingered longer than expected according to Jauron, so McCargo did not return.

They may need the swelling to go down before they can take a good look at this. JMO

I think it might have something to do with that 3-3-5 defense that they run with an extra safety on the field. They always seemed susceptible to getting torched by a good passing attack.

Oh Definitely, the 335 Bandit never held up well against a good passing attack, but there were other corners like Lance Frazier and a few others whose names escape me at the moment that I always thought were much better than Lankster. Sometimes a change of system can work wonders for a player.