Who could be the Bills next head coach?

Metal Man

Our next head coach will be Bobby April..when Dick flops, he will be replaced at mid season.

I'm thinking that is very possible, but I worry about the peter principle in his case. To concur with some earlier points, I'd like someone who has a proven track record as a head coach.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvins' contract runs out after 2010. He could smoothly slip into the Bills' HC job virtually unnoticed:.

1 winning season and 1 playoff game in six years.

Three 8-8 season, one 7-9 season. So any culture shock would be minimized.

Possesses "deer in the headlights" game face.

Has trouble telling time.

Is an alchemist - is firmly convinced that he can turn turds into gold.

False reputation as defensive guru persists.

Fully assimilated into the Mike Brown collective in 2006 via contract extension.

is there a proven correlation between high paid coaches and winning in the NFL?

This shouldn't count coaches that become high paying after re-signing with the team that originally hired them, but only high paid hires to a new team.

I'd just like some examples since it's basically assumed as fact on this board by many

is there a proven correlation between high paid coaches and winning in the NFL?

This shouldn't count coaches that become high paying after re-signing with the team that originally hired them, but only high paid hires to a new team.

I'd just like some examples since it's basically assumed as fact on this board by many

so what you are saying is, if we pay Jauron more money, then we can finally win games?

My 2 guesses would be either Bobby April or Ted Cottrell

Since we're all agreed Ralph won't hire a Cowher / Gruden / Shanahan, Bobby April is probably the only untested head coach I would support - his record coaching NFL special teams says he deserves a shot.

Cough up 60 million for 5 years and get Belichick (would probably take more, now that I think about it). Hate him all you want, but he's the best out there. If there's any way he would leave his current job, show that guy the money.

I agree but I do not think he sticks long term as interim coaches rarely do. May depend on what kind of success he has.

well we all know it wont be cowher, shanny, schot (sadly), etc. Cottrell would make me vomit.

I would be OK with April as a last resort option, I mean he works hard and is great at what he does. Its a gutsy move. In reality, I could see RCW Jr reaching out to one of the UFL coaches not named Cottrell. They won't command much and all have had some success. 2 problems - 1.) getting people to come to buffalo (i know we hate hearing this but its true) and 2.) money - people need to realize ralph doesn't exactly have $5million in cash to just hand out. Sure his team is worth millions but his business ventures aren't like robert kraft's or paul brown's or dan snyedrs.

Who knows. really. I mean a lot of guys might lose jobs this year - del rio, childress, etc. I just dont want another coordinator. I really dont. It's so depressing being a bills fan sometimes when you know things are going to stay status quo

Seems like every year all the Bills fans I know, at least the last decade, start talking about who the Bills could possibly bring in next year to replace the current dud.

Names like Cowher and Parcells and others of that caliber are always coming up in these discussions. A lot of times, especially with Cowher, it seems like a great idea and exactly what the Bills need to seriously make an attempt at turning this thing around. But based on Wilson's track record it seems he would never be willing to part with the money it would take to bring someone high profile like that in to coach the team.

My question is does anyone out there really think it is possible that maybe in his late age he will be open to dropping some serious coin on an awesome coach?

Or are we always going to have a rookie head coach or middle tier guy, and if so who would that be?

Alex Van Pelt