Who could be the Bills next head coach?

Metal Man

Cough up 60 million for 5 years and get Belichick (would probably take more, now that I think about it). Hate him all you want, but he's the best out there. If there's any way he would leave his current job, show that guy the money.

The beauty of that plan would be the "killing two birds with one stone effect". Suddenly, the nemesis of the division would lose their leader, concurrent with the Bills finding one. My only worry would be (my coined phrase) "The Scotty Bowman/Buffalo" effect. In the mid 70s, Scotty, as the Muntreal Canadians HC, won several Stanley Cups. Additionally, in his first 3 years as a young coach, he took the St Louis Blues to the cup finals, losing each one (perfect fit for Buffalo - eh?)

He also earned Lord Stanley's cup as coach of the Penguins and Red Wings.

Bowman's teams won 9 Stanley Cups, altogether. Though never in his 5+ year as the Sabres coach. Amazing.

My gut tells me if Belichick were ever to come to Buffalo as a head coach, he'd suffer the same fate as those before him.

As a consolation prize, Amherst got Scotty as a permanent resident. Yippie!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our next head coach will be Bobby April..when Dick flops, he will be replaced at mid season.

Agreed! April will be in by game 10. No top tier coach will want to live there. Their wives will shoot them. Remember the Bobby Ross debacle 20 years ago. He was the man until his wife refused to come to WNY. He went to SanDiego instead. Tough choice. The top guys can go where they want. Shanahan, Cowher, et al have plenty of dough. Plus, they want to compete for the title. Everyone knows the Bills are on life support financially and cannot/will not pay to freight to compete at a high level.