The Bills have been actively "sniffing around for quarterbacks

BILLS #1

I'm going to disagree. Trent's natural instinct is to check down. He has to make the occasional bold decision. Plenty of big plays are made into double coverage. A good QB has to recognize when he has a good shot to make the play, and take that chance on occasion.

I agree with that but I don't think that was anywhere near the spot to take that shot. I saw no opening where Trent could have fit a ball in w/o getting Evans killed; all I saw was a high safety sitting on that skinny post praying for an opportunity to either take the ball away or administer a kill shot to Evans. An opportunity that Trent mistakenly granted him.

You want to throw a jump ball at TO on 3rd/12 from midfield, or take a shot downfield at Evans on 2nd/2 go for it. But don't throw balls into the teeth of coverage where the bad guys are just sitting on the route waiting for their supper.

Perhaps, but another great 6.5 million dollar PR move when you are spending 125 million anyway would be to eat the two mil Jauron contract and sign Bill Cowher for 4.5 mil.

Cool, then we can assemble the best roster in the league and maintain it for 15 years before we finally win a Super Bowl, but only after we get LeBeau back and he wins it for us.

Love the plan if you'd plug a different name in.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t see the Bills bringing Vick to Buffalo. It would undermine the commitment and investment in time that they’ve made to Edwards. Brian Griese or Gus Frerotte however, are available options.

I’m not saying I know they’re looking around, but if LaCanfora’s sources are giving him accurate information then I think those veterans are more likely options for Buffalo than Vick.

source: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/12/b...ing-qb-options/

fwiw, Whitner just tweeted "I'd love to have Mike Vick as a teamate! The guy is unbelievable....he made a mistake but haven't we all?!"

Let the speculation begin continue...

Donte got hit in the head a little hard Sunday night if he thinks that what Vick did could possibly be classified as a "mistake."

"Trent Edwards played poorly in Buffalo's exhibition opener, but we'll guess that this mostly has to do with noodle-armed backup Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Edwards goes down (likely, considering his history), the Bills' offense would almost certainly fall apart. La Canfora suggests Mike Vick as an option."

Very interesting... guess they dont have 2 much trust in FITZ, dont blame them...

Link

He played poorly? He only played one series. I thought he looked pretty good until the INT which was mostly caused by Levitre getting shoved back about 6 yards into his lap...

I would like to dispel this rumor. I do not believe that Dick Jauron is on any kind of hot seat. I would also add that I think Dick feels no more pressure to produce this season than he has any other season for the Bills. The corpse is coaching in the first season of a 3 year extension. I say anything better than 5-11 and dead Dick Jauron is manning the sidelines again in 2010. Do you really think that RW will eat $4mil + of DJ's contract and then go out and hire a real coach? <_< No way Jose. Much easier to blame the young O-line for the season's failure, bring in a veteran FA, sell the public on the latest draft class, and the beat goes on.

They have only 2 linebackers and jon Corto from Sacred heart College (where is that?) on the depth chart. Five OL.

playing out of position with 2 rookies starting. No backup QB and an unproven starting QB. A WR who has been a bit of a problem everywhere he has been. A starting RB who is wearing a 3 game suspension.

... It seems to me DJ has a ton of excused if he does not get it done this year.

Yep. He ought to work on swiveling his head and not letting his gaze telegraph the intent. I see very few Bills games - this HOF game was probably the first I ever spent more that 10 minutes watching. Does TE make a habit of staring at one downfield reciever? - I just don't know.

I would have liked to have seen him react to this odd happenstance of a sole lineman being steadily driven back with space on either side, on the pick play. That should set off a signal. Shoumann (#80) was out on the left with not a soul around. A quick flick away. Or take the sack.

So, Cincy, if you watch few Bills games, is it safe to assume you see the Bengals some? How did Fitz look last season? Having seen little of him play, but following him via fantasy football, it seemed like he was a kid who had some rough outings, but improved some toward the end of the season.

I agree with that but I don't think that was anywhere near the spot to take that shot. I saw no opening where Trent could have fit a ball in w/o getting Evans killed; all I saw was a high safety sitting on that skinny post praying for an opportunity to either take the ball away or administer a kill shot to Evans. An opportunity that Trent mistakenly granted him.

You want to throw a jump ball at TO on 3rd/12 from midfield, or take a shot downfield at Evans on 2nd/2 go for it. But don't throw balls into the teeth of coverage where the bad guys are just sitting on the route waiting for their supper.

Cool, then we can assemble the best roster in the league and maintain it for 15 years before we finally win a Super Bowl, but only after we get LeBeau back and he wins it for us.

Love the plan if you'd plug a different name in.

(Buffalo) Bill Parcells has yet to associate himself with the Bills... in his "My Last Season" (written when he "retired" from the Jets), Bill does mention that Buffalo was one his favorite places to take his teams, for its' "real football town" feel...said it is hard not to get up for a game in Buffalo...c'mon Bill, make it a clean sweep of the AFC East...

(Buffalo) Bill Parcells has yet to associate himself with the Bills... in his "My Last Season" (written when he "retired" from the Jets), Bill does mention that Buffalo was one his favorite places to take his teams, for its' "real football town" feel...said it is hard not to get up for a game in Buffalo...c'mon Bill, make it a clean sweep of the AFC East...

I'd take Cower over Parcells. But Shanahan would be a good choice, too.

Yes, I could live with that...but crazy as it sounds, I think Parcells would be more likely to come to Buffalo...

Probably right.

While I think Parcells might be a tad overrated, I would still take him for the Bills in a heartbeat.