Tony Dungy is right- give VICK a chance

major

Very true. He'll get his chance somewhere and likely soon, this month IMO.

Probably, but I doubt he plays QB this year. Maybe a few snaps in the Wildcat, but not in the traditional QB position.

What people here don't seem to understand is, Vick wasn't good at all, playing in the pocket. He made most of his good plays moving and freelancing it. Do they really think he would be allowed to do that in the Bills' offense? If he were not coming off a two year absence, not suspended for at least 6 games and not a felon, he'd STILL be wrong for the Bills, given the current coaching staff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well, now that J.P. left town.

I heard JP say he might live in Buffalo for the UFL offseason he likes his house and the neighborhood.

He might not be a good qb, lets hope he continues to be a good neighbor

Dungy likes Vick, but doesn't like TO. WTF, Tony?

That's the worst part of this ongoing Vick saga---having to listen to Holy Tony tell us what a great guy Vick is.

You just know that Vick dreads meeting with this self righteous blowhard.

No way Vick stays out of jail over the next 3 years.

Agreed. I think Vick will be worthless this year. Especially at QB

Except if Edwards goes down cause Our Back-Up situation may very well be worst in the NFL...Plus...I imagine any Coaching Staff that brings Vick in will have him line up at QB for 3-5 snaps a Game...Especially on some 3rd Downs... :lol:

Except if Edwards goes down cause Our Back-Up situation may very well be worst in the NFL...Plus...I imagine any Coaching Staff that brings Vick in will have him line up at QB for 3-5 snaps a Game...Especially on some 3rd Downs... :lol:

Yes, Vick might have some value in the Wildcat, but I don't think he has any, at least this year, as a #2. The Bills have plenty of guys to run the Wildcat, if they so choose.

Myself I don't give 2 schitts about dogs, but I don't think Vick is a very good QB so :lol: him.

Whatever it takes, I guess. :thumbsup:

I'm a proud dog owner and love them with everything I've got. What many non-owners don't realize is how much they are part of your family. If you don't understand that, you have nothing to contribute to this debate.

What Vick did was disgraceful and I don't think any good human being could ever understand why someone would have done what he did, especially (as Dean said) when he didn't need the money. To me, that's the telling sign that Vick has something mentally wrong with him.

What also irks me about this is those who say "he's paid his debt to society, so let him play". Who on this planet is ever authorized to determine whether or not someone has paid their debt? If you commit a crime, you're a criminal and you pay for it the rest of your life...not necessarily just life in prison, but there are plenty of other ways to pay for a mistake.

1) The second we sign Vick the "QB controversy" begins.

2) The reality is Vick was a terrible QB when he was in the NFL. 2 years in jail did not improve his game.

3) People who want the Bills to sign Vick are more starstruck than serious about improving the Bills.

4) That's before you consider what a piece of crap Vick is as a person. He's only sorry because he got caught and they took away all his bling.

PTR

Yes, Vick might have some value in the Wildcat, but I don't think he has any, at least this year, as a #2. The Bills have plenty of guys to run the Wildcat, if they so choose.

You don't think he'd be better than Fitzpatrick?

I don't know...I understand the whole rust deal...I know He was never the best Passer or the greatest at reading Defenses...But I'm guessing he'd be better than Fitz on one leg with his right hand tied behind his back... :lol:

Just saying... :thumbsup:

Whatever it takes, I guess. :lol:

I'm a proud dog owner and love them with everything I've got. What many non-owners don't realize is how much they are part of your family. If you don't understand that, you have nothing to contribute to this debate.

What Vick did was disgraceful and I don't think any good human being could ever understand why someone would have done what he did, especially (as Dean said) when he didn't need the money. To me, that's the telling sign that Vick has something mentally wrong with him.

What also irks me about this is those who say "he's paid his debt to society, so let him play". Who on this planet is ever authorized to determine whether or not someone has paid their debt? If you commit a crime, you're a criminal and you pay for it the rest of your life...not necessarily just life in prison, but there are plenty of other ways to pay for a mistake.

I love dogs, I know they are a part of the family. We are not talking about Vick kidnapping the family dog. These dogs only purpose was to fight. Yes, it is a blood sport, but for those who have grown up in that culture, dog fighting is not that bad. I don't agree with dog fighting and if someone hurts my dog, I'll be pissed. I also know the difference between a pet and a warrior. People who dog fight looks at these dogs as warriors who go to battle and fight. I'd rather a dog be killed than another person in urban America.

I don't know...I understand the whole rust deal...I know He was never the best Passer or the greatest at reading Defenses...But I'm guessing he'd be better than Fitz on one leg with his right hand tied behind his back... :lol:

You are correct KOK... he would also be light years better running the Wildcat than freakin' Roscoe.

I don't really care either way, but if by some miracle Vick joins the Bills, I would NOT disapprove.

I love dogs, I know they are a part of the family. We are not talking about Vick kidnapping the family dog. These dogs only purpose was to fight. Yes, it is a blood sport, but for those who have grown up in that culture, dog fighting is not that bad. I don't agree with dog fighting and if someone hurts my dog, I'll be pissed. I also know the difference between a pet and a warrior. People who dog fight looks at these dogs as warriors who go to battle and fight. I'd rather a dog be killed than another person in urban America.

Actually yeah we are.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...ained_fami.html

1) The second we sign Vick the "QB controversy" begins.

2) The reality is Vick was a terrible QB when he was in the NFL. 2 years in jail did not improve his game.

3) People who want the Bills to sign Vick are more starstruck than serious about improving the Bills.

4) That's before you consider what a piece of crap Vick is as a person. He's only sorry because he got caught and they took away all his bling.

PTR

100% correct. This seems to be one desperate group of fans. Glad I can only see 2-3 games a year. The situation must be worse than I realize.

It is common practice for these slugs to steal family pets and use them as practice dogs.

It's bad enough he killed underperforming dogs, but he did it in ways that tortured the dogs. Why would you stuff a dog's head into a 5 gallon jug and watch it struggle to breathe and slowly die when you have the option to kill it humanely. Even if you look at these dogs as simply a comodity, he must have enjoyed the torture/punishment aspect of hanging, drowning, and slamming the dogs to the ground. Why on earth are people supporting this disgusting person?

You are correct KOK... he would also be light years better running the Wildcat than freakin' Roscoe.

I don't really care either way, but if by some miracle Vick joins the Bills, I would NOT disapprove.

I think both of you are buying into the myth of Vick rather than the reality. If you go by his Madden covers and endorsement deals he was the greatest QB that ever lived. Unfortunately his actually game performance was Losman-esque. He would drop back, maybe scan the field for a second then take off. All very exciting and totally useless in winning games.

Maybe Fitz and Hamdan aren't so good but I can name 5 free agent QBs that are better than Mike Vick.

PTR

I think both of you are buying into the myth of Vick rather than the reality. If you go by his Madden covers and endorsement deals he was the greatest QB that ever lived. Unfortunately his actually game performance was Losman-esque. He would drop back, maybe scan the field for a second then take off. All very exciting and totally useless in winning games.

Maybe Fitz and Hamdan aren't so good but I can name 5 free agent QBs that are better than Mike Vick.

PTR

The Myth of Vick? Come on PTR...We've been around long enough not to get caught up in that stuff...To Me this is about The Bills #2 QB Position only...And the discussion starts and ends there...

Vick was better than Losman ever wished He could be...And I'm NOT the biggest Mike Vick Fan...Never was...I know NFL Football well enough...Madden Ratings have never swayed Me (though I do get pissed off every now and again when a Bills Player gets underrated on the Game... :lol: )Vick struggles reading D's at times and He most definitely has a problem processing info quickly...The difference between Vick and Losman is that Vick is a natural scrambler and He's got a great feel for it, where JP would scramble at the wrong time and not take off when He should...I think Vick is the better Passer too (That's not saying much I know), and Vick does not get the dear-in-the-headlights-look like JP...Vick also has one of the strongest Arms in the NFL...But He is what He is...

I've seen Vick an awful lot down here since He was Drafted and I'm not saying He's the best thing since sliced bread or anything like that...But even with 2 Years out of the NFL I think He's better than Fitz and Hamdan...I realize I have a better chance at being signed by the Bills than Vick does (and I can still heave it pretty good...My 5-9 frame could be a big problem though...I'm not Flutie)...But the minute Trent gets bashed and gets up slow this becomes a MONSTER issue for The Bills...And I would be a hell of a lot more comfortable seeing Mike Vick jog out on the field than Fitzpatrick...

Just saying...And just My opinion...Nothing more... :thumbsup:

The Myth of Vick? Come on PTR...We've been around long enough not to get caught up in that stuff...To Me this is about The Bills #2 QB Position only...And the discussion starts and ends there...

Vick was better than Losman ever wished He could be...And I'm NOT the biggest Mike Vick Fan...Never was...I know NFL Football well enough...Madden Ratings have never swayed Me (though I do get pissed off every now and again when a Bills Player gets underrated on the Game... :lol: )Vick struggles reading D's at times and He most definitely has a problem processing info quickly...The difference between Vick and Losman is that Vick is a natural scrambler and He's got a great feel for it, where JP would scramble at the wrong time and not take off when He should...I think Vick is the better Passer too (That's not saying much I know), and Vick does not get the dear-in-the-headlights-look like JP...Vick also has one of the strongest Arms in the NFL...But He is what He is...

I've seen Vick an awful lot down here since He was Drafted and I'm not saying He's the best thing since sliced bread or anything like that...But even with 2 Years out of the NFL I think He's better than Fitz and Hamdan...I realize I have a better chance at being signed by the Bills than Vick does (and I can still heave it pretty good...My 5-9 frame could be a big problem though...I'm not Flutie)...But the minute Trent gets bashed and gets up slow this becomes a MONSTER issue for The Bills...And I would be a hell of a lot more comfortable seeing Mike Vick jog out on the field than Fitzpatrick...

Just saying...And just My opinion...Nothing more... :thumbsup:

I will just have to disagree. You know once Vick is on the team, there will be calls for him to start after every incompete pass by Trent. And if Vick does start and the team still flounders, then what? Back to Square One...again. Vick was always more image than actual achievement. Those who want him on the Bills just want the publicity and attention Vick would bring. Which I hope would be enough because he wouldn't win any more games.

PTR

Whatever it takes, I guess. :thumbsup:

It's not like MV was fighting with your family dog for Christ's sake. I mean those dogs were bred to fight, so it can be said that if not for MV and his enterprise, they never would have lived. Personally, I'd rather live and fight every day than never have lived at all but hey maybe that is just me.

Also I am so sick and tired of people humanizing animals. You cannot make an animal do anything that is not already in his nature, so I really don't understand what the big !@#$ing deal is. You are like "it's cruel to the animals", but both dogs in the fights are the ones actually hurting each other, so WTF? I'm sick and tired of this whiny-baby, don't hurt the vicious animals mentality. Life is survival of the fittest, so if MV isn't messing with your Rover, then why do you give two ***** anyway?