Tony Dungy is right- give VICK a chance

major

I will just have to disagree. You know once Vick is on the team, there will be calls for him to start after every incompete pass by Trent. And if Vick does start and the team still flounders, then what? Back to Square One...again. Vick was always more image than actual achievement. Those who want him on the Bills just want the publicity and attention Vick would bring. Which I hope would be enough because he wouldn't win any more games.

PTR

Actually, I want his athleticism and strong arm, personally. He would be a nice compliment to TE in that each man's weakness is the other man's strength. If they way to play soft coverage, you have Trent to pick them apart underneath. If they want to man up and take away the high percentage passes, you have Vick who can burn them deep or scramble while their secondary is flying down field. They are a perfect compliment to each other. I couldn't care two ***** about his image or negative publicity. He would make the Bills MUCH better.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like MV was fighting with your family dog for Christ's sake. I mean those dogs were bred to fight, so it can be said that if not for MV and his enterprise, they never would have lived. Personally, I'd rather live and fight every day than never have lived at all but hey maybe that is just me.

Also I am so sick and tired of people humanizing animals. You cannot make an animal do anything that is not already in his nature, so I really don't understand what the big !@#$ing deal is. You are like "it's cruel to the animals", but both dogs in the fights are the ones actually hurting each other, so WTF? I'm sick and tired of this whiny-baby, don't hurt the vicious animals mentality. Life is survival of the fittest, so if MV isn't messing with your Rover, then why do you give two ***** anyway?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...ained_fami.html

:thumbsup:

It's not like MV was fighting with your family dog for Christ's sake. I mean those dogs were bred to fight, so it can be said that if not for MV and his enterprise, they never would have lived. Personally, I'd rather live and fight every day than never have lived at all but hey maybe that is just me.

Also I am so sick and tired of people humanizing animals. You cannot make an animal do anything that is not already in his nature, so I really don't understand what the big !@#$ing deal is. You are like "it's cruel to the animals", but both dogs in the fights are the ones actually hurting each other, so WTF? I'm sick and tired of this whiny-baby, don't hurt the vicious animals mentality. Life is survival of the fittest, so if MV isn't messing with your Rover, then why do you give two ***** anyway?

Quite possibly the dumbest post I have ever read on this site. And that is saying a lot.

wife-beaters, coke heads/alcoholics are all great people too arent they?

we all loved jim kelly and bruce smith during their days here...and we still do!

we bring in vick, he does a couple crazy things on the field to help us win a couple games...and alll you haters will start tickling vick's nuts.

I DONT CARE WHO IS ON MY TEAM...I WANT TO WIN! TO HELL WITH CHARACTER...GET 'ER DONE RUSS!

I will just have to disagree. You know once Vick is on the team, there will be calls for him to start after every incompete pass by Trent. And if Vick does start and the team still flounders, then what? Back to Square One...again. Vick was always more image than actual achievement. Those who want him on the Bills just want the publicity and attention Vick would bring. Which I hope would be enough because he wouldn't win any more games.

PTR

I don't care if vick would push edwards for his job. I want the best person available for the job, the more talent the better. All I care about is winning, really. Some say vick has mental problems and will kill more dogs or worse humans. If he is that crazy then having him walk the streets is a lot more dangerous than him playing QB for your favorite NFL team. I did not know Vick used stray dogs to "throw to the wolves", which is disturbing but he served his time and he will play in the NFL again, like or not. If he goes to the Pats, I'll be so pissed. That will be a slap in the face, especially if he is still good.

I don't care if vick would push edwards for his job. I want the best person available for the job, the more talent the better. All I care about is winning, really. Some say vick has mental problems and will kill more dogs or worse humans. If he is that crazy then having him walk the streets is a lot more dangerous than him playing QB for your favorite NFL team. I did not know Vick used stray dogs to "throw to the wolves", which is disturbing but he served his time and he will play in the NFL again, like or not. If he goes to the Pats, I'll be so pissed. That will be a slap in the face, especially if he is still good.

My objection to Vick has less to do about dogfighting and more to do with the assumption that he is some great upgrade at QB. You say you want to win but then you show you're not even sure if he can actually play anymore. Vick was not a great QB for the Falcons. His commercials and hype made out to be one. He was certainly exciting to watch but oddly all that excitement did not turn into W's. Now add in the fact he hasn't played in 2 years. Being in the slammer does not hone your QB skills, especially when you weren't all that great to start.

PTR

we all loved jim kelly and bruce smith during their days here...and we still do!

we bring in vick, he does a couple crazy things on the field to help us win a couple games...and alll you haters will start tickling vick's nuts.

I DONT CARE WHO IS ON MY TEAM...I WANT TO WIN! TO HELL WITH CHARACTER...GET 'ER DONE RUSS!

You need to speak for yourself.

They should just change the laws in the US so that everyone convicted of a crime spends their entire life in prison, or sentenced to death, since its so obvious to everyone that no one convicted of a crime can stop from re-offending. Whats the point in even having prisons since they do nothing but keep criminals away from the rest of us.

As Jim said, speak for yourself. Vick is here, I am gone until he is at the very least. Frankly, I would probably stop watching football all together.

For the record, if I was Goodell:

Marshawn - 6 games

Stallworth - 1 year minimum, reevaluation pending drug and alcohol tests

Plaxico - 1 year minimum after he gets out of jail

Vick - 1 year minimum after he got out of jail, reevaluation pending psychological testing

They should just change the laws in the US so that everyone convicted of a crime spends their entire life in prison, or sentenced to death, since its so obvious to everyone that no one convicted of a crime can stop from re-offending. Whats the point in even having prisons since they do nothing but keep criminals away from the rest of us.

Forget life in prison, public execution is best. You can sell lot's of TV ads and generate more tax revenue.

100% correct. This seems to be one desperate group of fans. Glad I can only see 2-3 games a year. The situation must be worse than I realize.

Bills won't touch him. A misfit in too many ways. Which team has a left handed starter? Anybody? He'd be a better fit there where they don't have to reinvent an offense for him.

I love dogs, I know they are a part of the family. We are not talking about Vick kidnapping the family dog.

We most certainly are. That's how the dogs are trained. It takes a LOT of sickness to run a successful dog fighting enterprise.