Marshall Faulk showing Andre some love for HOF

Drat. That means Bullpen's going to have to adjust Faulk's ranking in his media hate-o-meter.

Dre has a legit argument, but as Cris Carter's travails are proving, it's going to be tough for WRs to get in without insane numbers (and maybe even with them).

The fact that Dan Hampton is in the Hall and Richard Dent is not still amazes me.

And I think everyone is in agreement that Reed will eventually get in, I havent really seen or read anyone claiming he doesn't deserve a spot. I am slightly annoyed that Art Monk got in before Reed, even though Reed had better stats than him in every single major receiving category.

Art Monk belongs in the Hall of Very Good, not the Hall of Fame.

The fact that Dan Hampton is in the Hall and Richard Dent is not still amazes me.

I was just thinking the same thing the other night, when Darin brought up Hampton's rambling, interminable induction speech that made us all wish bad things upon him.

And I think everyone is in agreement that Reed will eventually get in, I havent really seen or read anyone claiming he doesn't deserve a spot. I am slightly annoyed that Art Monk got in before Reed, even though Reed had better stats than him in every single major receiving category.

Art Monk belongs in the Hall of Very Good, not the Hall of Fame.

I wish the hall was a bit more selective...6-7 players/administrators is way to many.

Drat. That means Bullpen's going to have to adjust Faulk's ranking in his media hate-o-meter.

Dre has a legit argument, but as Cris Carter's travails are proving, it's going to be tough for WRs to get in without insane numbers (and maybe even with them).

Duly noted Lori! :w00t:

As soon as I see a post with some NFL talking head's name in the title, I know I have to go in and update my list.

Here's what we have as of 1:49 PM MST 8/6/09:

ESPN - bad

Bill Simmons - eternally bad (nobody that I know of likes this douchenozzle)

Mel Kiper - good

CBS Sports - bad see Pete Prisco towards bottom of list

Yahoo Sports - bad

Mort - bad (he'll never get out of this category... everyone here hates him)

Todd McShay - good

Don Banks - was bad, but is now good

Jim Rome - ehhh not so great, but not bad (he makes fun of TO's show, but he's probably right though)

Gregg Easterbrook - good because he has relatives in this area I think?

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change)

Peter King - bad so-so, he likes our training camp, but isn't sure how TE is going to mesh with TO

Colin Cowherd - bad (I forget why, but I know we don't like him right now)

Skip Bayless - bad (thinks we should pick up Vick)

Tim Graham (waiting for exit poll numbers... right now I think we like him?) :wallbash:

John Clayton - good

Gene Wojciechowski - bad

Lori - since she's one of our regulars here, she gets a pass, but only as long as she praises the Bills

The Dunkirk Disturber - bad

The Tonawanda Snooze - bad both these guys and the Disturber wrote unflattering op-eds about Terrell Owens

Pete Prisco - bad, he thinks we'll be luck to make 7-9 and end up 31th overall

The Sporting News - good, we like them because they said the Bills are 1 of 5 teams ready to crash the playoff party

Marshall Faulk - bad he picked us to go 7-9 for the 4th year in a row GOOD, he thinks Andre Reed should be in the HOF!

Mike Florio - bad, the list is waaaaay too long to list here

Bullpen, where's Wawrow on that list?

(And FWIW, if you read any AP coverage of this weekend's festivities other than bylined columns, odds are it'll be his work.)

I'm the one that despises Faulk as an analyst.

Bullpen, where's Wawrow on that list?

(And FWIW, if you read any AP coverage of this weekend's festivities other than bylined columns, odds are it'll be his work.)

I'll keep a Marty Feldman eye out for his non-bylined work and keep tabs on his azz! :w00t:

I'm the one that despises Faulk as an analyst.

Your feelings have been noted in the media hate-o-meter! Please PM me if your views change...

Duly noted Lori! :w00t:

As soon as I see a post with some NFL talking head's name in the title, I know I have to go in and update my list.

Please add Rick Reilly to your list under Hated for me, due to his comments that the NFL sent the Bills to four SB since no one else in the AFC was good enough.

How could Andre not get in? Just sad to think this is still being debated.

I could watch thise highlights for a week.

It is still just so sad to think about the talent that once was the Bills and to see the current situation (not to mention no Lombardi's).

I am convinced that there will never be a team (or series of rosters) that will be as talented as the run of those Bills teams. Think about it they actually could have been in six straight SB's with slightly different breaks on either end of the 4 they did go to.

It would be nice to see him get in, but I don't see it happening.

He'll get in...it'll just take time. They're notoriously slow at inducting WRs...the only WR I see getting in on the 1st ballot for at least the next 5 years is Jerry Rice. Andre and Cris Carter should've already been inducted and Tim Brown is up for the Hall next year alongside Rice. Paul Warfield was the last WR to get in on the 1st ballot...in 1983!

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/Eligibility.aspx

The only notable WR up in 2011 will be Jimmy Smith...Reed, Carter, and Brown will be in long before he gets even a sniff of the Hall, IMO..

As far as Cortez Kennedy, he isn't even eligible until 2011...so it was kinda silly that he was brought up, IMO.

Paul Warfield was the last WR to get in on the 1st ballot...in 1983!

Nope. Largent was the most recent, in 1995. Obviously, Rice will break that streak.