Marshall Faulk showing Andre some love for HOF

Nope. Largent was the most recent, in 1995. Obviously, Rice will break that streak.

Doh! Completely skimmed over him. Nice catch. Either way, it's been over a decade that WRs have been waiting longer than they should have.

The one positive to Andre not getting in on the 1st ballot as he deserved to was the fact that he would've gone in with John Madden....would've been hard to sit through that blowhard while waiting for Andre to be presented

The fact that Dan Hampton is in the Hall and Richard Dent is not still amazes me.

And I think everyone is in agreement that Reed will eventually get in, I havent really seen or read anyone claiming he doesn't deserve a spot. I am slightly annoyed that Art Monk got in before Reed, even though Reed had better stats than him in every single major receiving category.

Art Monk belongs in the Hall of Very Good, not the Hall of Fame.

Art Monk was an excellent WR for a team in a "power football" era. He also had to deal with multiple QB's after Theisman went down. Monk was the first person to break Steve Largeant's record for receptions meaning at one point he was the all time receptions leader in NFL history. He deserves a bust in Canton without question IMO.

The fact that he had Cortez Kennedy, Terrel Davis and John Randle on that list makes it bogus. Cortez Kennedy in the Hall?? Jesus, whose next Erik Flowers?

how often did you really see cortez play??? and Terrell Davis was amazing--just got hurt...quality

The fact that he had Cortez Kennedy, Terrel Davis and John Randle on that list makes it bogus. Cortez Kennedy in the Hall?? Jesus, whose next Erik Flowers?

Tez was the most dominant defensive interior lineman in the league for at least five years. He was also selected to the 1990's NFL All-Decade Team. Kennedy went to 8 Pro Bowls and was Defensive Player of the Year in '92.

I also consider John Randle to be a HOF player. He got most of his 137.5 sacks as a tackle although later in his career he played at end on passing downs. He made 7 Pro Bowls and was First Team All Pro 6 times. He also was a member of the NFL's All-90's Team.

I agree that Terrell Davis is not worthy of the HOF.

Duly noted Lori! :worthy:

As soon as I see a post with some NFL talking head's name in the title, I know I have to go in and update my list.

Here's what we have as of 1:49 PM MST 8/6/09:

ESPN - bad

Tim Graham (waiting for exit poll numbers... right now I think we like him?) :worthy:

Lori - since she's one of our regulars here, she gets a pass, but only as long as she praises the Bills

The Sporting News - good, we like them because they said the Bills are 1 of 5 teams ready to crash the playoff party

Marshall Faulk - bad he picked us to go 7-9 for the 4th year in a row GOOD, he thinks Andre Reed should be in the HOF!

TG is a regular here.. Shouldn't we wait on the exit polls for Lori as well? :worthy:

Tez was the most dominant defensive interior lineman in the league for at least five years. He was also selected to the 1990's NFL All-Decade Team. Kennedy went to 8 Pro Bowls and was Defensive Player of the Year in '92.

I also consider John Randle to be a HOF player. He got most of his 137.5 sacks as a tackle although later in his career he played at end on passing downs. He made 7 Pro Bowls and was First Team All Pro 6 times. He also was a member of the NFL's All-90's Team.

I agree that Terrell Davis is not worthy of the HOF.

Terrell.....QUALITY vs quantity....-altho I think he was a big steroid guy(looked muscular like Michael Johnson the sprinter)

deserves to be in.