Maiorana and Roth: Langston Walker Not Real Happy at LT

Walker played fine in the games that FatBoy sat out last year.

Not really worried about the o-line at all - there's no way Walker could be any worse than that stupid lazy POS Peters was on this play...

walker played fine in the easy part of the schedule against teams with no speed rushers. hopefully edwards doesn't get his head ripped out of the socket

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise, the team never knows how many years they'll get out of a player, so when they give him a decent signing bonus (which is guaranteed) they expect him to play out his contract assuming he's healthy. Especially after renegotiating his contract once already.

Did you miss the previous posts about players out performing their contacts and making the pro bowl, Like I stated Peters was being underpaid by 6 million dollars, or more, per year.

What about Marcus Stroud, wasn't that a slap in Peters face to see a player come in as a free agent and then the Bills redo his contact the very next year?

The Buffalo Bills officially declared last year's trade for defensive tackle Marcus Stroud a success by giving him a two-year contract extension worth $8.25 million a year, Stroud's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4050434

Seems like teams can do as they please,whenever they please.

Honestly, I don't think Peters was greedy at first, had the Bills simply upped his contract more then Walker or Dockery he more then likely would have been satisfied. The guy was the only Bills pro bowl player and the the Bills best offensive player and they managed to get him mad and lose him.

What about Marcus Stroud, wasn't that a slap in Peters face to see a player come in as a free agent and then the Bills redo his contact the very next year?

The Buffalo Bills officially declared last year's trade for defensive tackle Marcus Stroud a success by giving him a two-year contract extension worth $8.25 million a year, Stroud's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told ESPN.com.

Try not to contradict yourself. Stroud did not come in as a free agent, as in the quote you provided: he was acquired in a trade, and it is common for teams to trade for a player and then rework their contract. So no, I doubt it was a slap in the face to Peters.

Did you miss the previous posts about players out performing their contacts and making the pro bowl, Like I stated Peters was being underpaid by 6 million dollars, or more, per year.

No, I didn't miss them, but I obviously don't agree with you. The Bills gave him a contract which was fairly high at that time for a guy who was an unknown RT prospect, with the idea that it was a gamble, but they thought he was worth locking up. They paid him very well, especially considering he was a restricted free agent and his only option was to play for the Bills or not play football in the NFL.

As for Stroud, as another poster has already pointed out, the only contract he signed with the Bills was the new one, since he was traded before last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4050434

Seems like teams can do as they please,whenever they please.

Honestly, I don't think Peters was greedy at first, had the Bills simply upped his contract more then Walker or Dockery he more then likely would have been satisfied. The guy was the only Bills pro bowl player and the the Bills best offensive player and they managed to get him mad and lose him.

The Bills have shown that they are willing to rework the contracts of deserving players. They already did it once for Peters, and would have done it again, I'm sure, after they got the Evans situation resolved, but Peters proved to be a petulant ass hole, and gave a half-assed effort last season because he didn't get what he wanted when he wanted it. Guy also failed to finish the last two seasons due to injury, and apparently is now on the Eagles PUP list.

The Bills have certain expectations of how a player should behave while posturing for more $$$, and Mr. 6-Wonderlic apparently couldn't quite break that code.

Yes he hates the move so much that he was in the gym this morning at 6:30am after having a night practice. Also if he does well you can bet he will make more money down the line being a LT.

This is laughable.

From seconds ago..Mark Gaughan's Live Chat:

Q: The guys at the D&C suggested Langston Walker is not pleased to be playing LT. What's your take? Are the Bills hoping to get Demetrius Bell ready to take over sooner rather than later?

12:33 Langston is a smart guy and he's very cautious about all his comments on left tackle. This was an organizational decision that he not only can play left tackle but thrive there. So if he fails it's Wilson-Brandon-Jauron all to be blamed.

I take it that Mark agrees that Walker less than thrilled to be at LT.

PTR

Could be yet another Ralph mandate.

"I'm not paying Peters, move Walker to LT, MAKE IT SO!" :doh:

The Bills have shown that they are willing to rework the contracts of SOME deserving players. They already did it once for Peters, and would have done it again, I WOULD GUESS WITH NO ACTUAL EVIDENCE OR KNOWLEDGE, after they got the Evans situation resolved ...

Fixed.

They didn't rework the contracts of Pat Williams, Greer, Clements, Winfield ... And the list goes on and on.

What was the offer for Dockery that the Bills "screwed up?" And how did they screw it up?

Regarding the bolded part, Peters has been in the NFL for 5 years. So if the average life span of a player is three years, giving him a gigantic contract, when he's missed 2 games due to injury the past 2 years, isn't exactly smart is it? And as of this moment, he's on the PUP list for the Eagles. Nevermind the utter lack of professionalism he showed last year, which, if the Bills "lowballed" him, was probably the reason they didn't go as high as he thought he deserved.

And the Bills must think highly of Bell, if Clark Judge saw fit to write about it.

Yeah, he's on the PUP list for Philly right now. Saw that. Did you see the injury? Peters has a "QUAD SPASM." Man, those quad spasms are murder. This is likely a three-to-four lost seasons type of thing. (Sarcasm off.)

Players are often put on the PUP list for 2 or 3 days during training camp. It means nothing.

Fixed.

They didn't rework the contracts of Pat Williams, Greer, Clements, Winfield ... And the list goes on and on.

No evidence other than the two times in five years he asked for a reworked contract.

And Williams, Greer, Clements, Winfield, etc... these guys were all happy to go to free agency and get new contracts.

Fixed.

I love Jason Peters.

Fixed.

Williams and Winfield were under the Donahoe regime. Clements was asking for a ridiculous amount of $$$$ - more than he was worth.

So, apparently, was Peters, who - despite having his contract reworked once - demanded more based on one season's performance, gave a half-assed effort last season - leading the league among blindside tackles in sacks allowed, failed to finish the last two seasons due to injury, and now sits on the Eagles PUP list. :doh:

Yeah, he's on the PUP list for Philly right now. Saw that. Did you see the injury? Peters has a "QUAD SPASM." Man, those quad spasms are murder. This is likely a three-to-four lost seasons type of thing. (Sarcasm off.)

Players are often put on the PUP list for 2 or 3 days during training camp. It means nothing.

Peters has missed the last 2 games of the season the past 2 years. So there's a concern.

Being on the PUP list was likely a polite way of saying that he came into camp in less-than-optimal condition. And it seemed to take Peters by surprise. Welcome to Philly!

walker played fine in the easy part of the schedule against teams with no speed rushers. hopefully edwards doesn't get his head ripped out of the socket

Forget it with The Swimmer...he'll continue his anti-Peters crusade ad nauseam.

Don't ever forget that the Peters' trade was in essence a salary dump. They take the cap hit for this season but don't pay the salary. It's music to RW's ears. Fans will learn in due time that hoping a Walker, Chambers, or Bell could play well at the position was a poor plan.

The entire point that I'm trying to get across,

Did the Bills create the problem with Peters by bringing in free agents with less ability and pay them much more then Peters?

Did Peters outperform his 4 million a year contract by making the pro bowl 2x, while other LT's are being paid 6 million a year more then him?

Go on and tell me the Bills have a better offensive line without Peters protecting Edwards blind side.

I don't love Peters, but I'd love it if he were still a Bill and didn't have to worry about Edwards blind side. Didn't have to wonder if a 366b LT *cough* *cough*(closer to 400lbs then 350lbs) can adequately block the speed rushers he will face this season.

I only hope Langston Walker takes this move to heart and trims down to 330lbs and pancakes every rusher he faces.

Yes he hates the move so much that he was in the gym this morning at 6:30am after having a night practice. Also if he does well you can bet he will make more money down the line being a LT.

This is laughable.

If he does well and trims down to 330lbs and pancakes every speed rusher he faces, makes the pro bowl. Will the Bills pay him or trade him... that is laughable.

If he does well and trims down to 330lbs and pancakes every speed rusher he faces, makes the pro bowl. Will the Bills pay him or trade him... that is laughable.

If he makes the Pro Bowl, it will be based on performance, not rep like Peters last year. But if that happens, the more important question is, will he holdout until 2 days before the season starts, play like crap, and then refuse to negotiate with the Bills unless he gets his numbers?

I think that everybody (including the bills) know that this isn't a long term solution at LT.....they probably just didn't want to take a chance ant putting D. Bell in that spot just yet and are looking for a veteran to hold down the spot for a while.

I dont think we see L. Walker at LT next year

you are correct

we will not see Walker all

he and his bloated contract will be sent packing as the Bills return to their austerity ways on the OL.

His failure at LT will be the excuse used