Peters On Pup List For a Quad Injury

H2o

Am I a bad person because I wish Bills who have to decided to go elsewhere to suck and girls who have dumped me to have somewhat unhappy lives, and for both to regret their decisions?..........I think I probably am.

There is nothing wrong with you wishing ex Bills to suck and your ex girlfriends unhappy lives. When you start reveling in ex-Bills getting injured, that's when you become a bad person.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with you wishing ex Bills to suck and your ex girlfriends unhappy lives. When you start reveling in ex-Bills getting injured, that's when you become a bad person.

I'm with you on that.

Jason Peters got injured, just like Marcus Stroud did during his first stretching excercise of training camp this year. Just like our brand new star rookie safety Byrd did, and nobody even knows how he got hurt. Just like Stevie Johnson did in the third practice of training camp.

It is pretty lame and pathetic to get happy about an injury for any player in the NFL. These guys literally risk their lives every time they step on the practice field or game turf. :P

I'm sure there are some idiot Cowboys fans who would love to see T.O. go down with a quad injury too. Talk about a case of sour grapes on roids. Please grow up and wait until at least the end of the season to see if you can celebrate Peters' sucking for the Eagles fair and square, healthy but not being as good as they thought.

Name me the last player who was killed, I dont have alot of sympathy they are paid ridiculous sums?

Name me the last player who was killed, I dont have alot of sympathy they are paid ridiculous sums?

Al Lucas, formerly a DT for the Panthers, died after suffering a spinal-cord injury in an Arena League game in 2005. Think that was the last major one resulting directly from an injury. SF lineman Thomas Herrion collapsed and died shortly after a preseason game later that summer. Korey Stringer (2001) also come to mind.

Wow, 10 posts from midnight to 1 AM defending Peters. You're right Thurm, there is definitely NOT a Jason Peters fan club here. And you are certainly NOT it's president. :P

The problem with that is he was just traded to a team that has routinely made the playoffs this decade.

By jove, I think you've got it. You're right.

I assume there's no Jason Peters Defamation League either, though there's no question that if there were, you would be President, Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer. You're one of the big four.

Korey Stringer.

And on P. 5 of this thread, post #97, you will see my last post with a few other names and links on this issue. It's worth remembering that the average life expectancy of retired NFL players is:

55 years.

Wow, 10 posts from midnight to 1 AM defending Peters. You're right Thurm, there is definitely NOT a Jason Peters fan club here. And you are certainly NOT it's president. :P

By Jove I think you've got it. There's not. If there were a Jason Peters Defamation League, though, you'd definitely be President, Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer. You're one of the Big Four.

The problem with that is he was just traded to a team that has routinely made the playoffs this decade.

Right. So if he is injured late in the year, for the first time we will see what he does when there is anything at stake. My bet, he plays injured when it matters, and doesn't when it doesn't. We'll see.

I assume there's no Jason Peters Defamation League either, though there's no question that if there were, you would be President, Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer. You're one of the big four.

I used to be a member of the Jason Peters fan club as well. Then I grew to despise him as his holdout lasted almost into the season, and then with his poor play, and then finally with his pathetic excuse for a PC with the Eagles. So unlike you, I don't hide my true feelings for him.

I'm sure his agent told him to hold out. I seriously doubt however that his agent told him to eat like a pig, get fat lazy & out of shape while holding out. If Peters had any work ethic, he would have been working out on his own & reported in shape & ready to play.

Ah, well that explains why he didn't eat like a pig, get fat, lazy or out of shape while he was holding out. His agent told him not to. It's all clear to me now. As has been documented about a half a billion times, he DID report in shape. But there is NO way to report in game shape, except to play. He wasn't able to do that while holding out. Jauron made it very clear that he was in good shape and condition but not in football shape, and there's no way to get in football shape except playing football.

So that explains it. His agent told him not to get out of shape, so he didn't. Got it.

I used to be a member of the Jason Peters fan club as well. Then I grew to despise him as his holdout lasted almost into the season, and then with his poor play, and then finally with his pathetic excuse for a PC with the Eagles. So unlike you, I don't hide my true feelings for him.

Yeah, OK, whatever. I'm sure you know my feelings better than I do. Whatever.

As for your feelings, fine. I'm glad you didn't let his much-improved play at the end of the year affect your feelings.

But what is a PC?

Ah, well that explains why he didn't eat like a pig, get fat, lazy or out of shape while he was holding out. His agent told him not to. It's all clear to me now. As has been documented about a half a billion times, he DID report in shape. But there is NO way to report in game shape, except to play. He wasn't able to do that while holding out. Jauron made it very clear that he was in good shape and condition but not in football shape, and there's no way to get in football shape except playing football.

So that explains it. His agent told him not to get out of shape, so he didn't. Got it.

Yeah right, ;) I have some swamp land down here, interested in buying it?

My greatest fear is that the above statement reflects a prevalent attitude among Buffalo sports fans. It's analogous to the other thread where some people are hoping that Mike Williams' comeback attempt with the Redskins fails.

Unfortunately Doug Flutie, Dominick Hasek, and Michael Peca all know how quickly some Buffalo sports fans can turn on players. I only hope that it's not as prevalent as I fear...and that it is no different than how other fans in other cities react towards former players who left imperfectly.

I'd hate to think of my hometown as consisting of lots of petty, small-minded, ignorant people. I hope it's only a small, vocal minority who express these sorts of views.

Doug Flutie was a jackass, plain and simple, and alienated a LOT of people, both on the team and fans. Michael Peca was greedy, valuing himself far more than anyone would have paid him save the brainless. Are you KIDDING me?!?!

The way they acted, I'd say they already set the "petty, small-minded, ignorant" standard far higher than most anyone here would have. To see those who think they are above everyone else fail is karma, and it is a b*tch- anyways, to enjoy it is very natural and I won't apologize for it!

Throw Kozlov and Dusty Ziegler in there as well... two more examples.

Jason Peters got injured, just like Marcus Stroud did during his first stretching excercise of training camp this year. Just like our brand new star rookie safety Byrd did, and nobody even knows how he got hurt. Just like Stevie Johnson did in the third practice of training camp.

It is pretty lame and pathetic to get happy about an injury for any player in the NFL. These guys literally risk their lives every time they step on the practice field or game turf. ;)

I'm sure there are some idiot Cowboys fans who would love to see T.O. go down with a quad injury too. Talk about a case of sour grapes on roids. Please grow up and wait until at least the end of the season to see if you can celebrate Peters' sucking for the Eagles fair and square, healthy but not being as good as they thought.

Ah please stop apologizing for these overpaid prima donas and this is what ticks me off about athletes... they are risking their lives every day... please that is such a gross over statement it makes me want to puke.

Police officers, Fireman, Members of the Military in a war zone are risking their lives everyday....

These guys are playing a game and getting paid way more than anyone deserves... kinda like the stock brokers and ceos on Wall Street. Yes the market bears it, but don't make them out to be anything other than someone who found their nitch and can make it pay. Cut out the overstatement. Risking their lives... give me a break,you have been listening to too much political hyperbole that it has resulted in wet brain.

You realize that you are pace for about 7,000 posts this year, 97% of which are completely worthless? ;)

Comparing the "fan" reaction to Peters v. Walker may be worthless or very telling, depending on the eye of the beholder. It's a Rorschach test.

Peters used to be the absolute darling of the Bills world. Now he is a fat, out of shape, malingering loser-traitor. Half of everybody wants his career and health wrecked.

Walker was a delightful surprise. After stinking up the Black Hole, he comes to Buffalo, and plays decent RT, and then takes some of the sting out of Peter's holdout. Now a ten word sound bite (one of you geeks will count the words and post that I was wrong, 'cause it's 14 words) has been attributed to him, which those, who wish to, interpret as grumbling about having to play out of position. He too is earning some hate. Wait til he gives his first sack.

Might as well throw in Bledsoe, etc.

Bills fans...beloved hero to goat in an instant.

How stupid is it to get emotionally involved with complete strangers who you will never meet, let alone know? It's no different from "puppy (man) love".

BTW, I don't worry about keeping track of my post count, because there are accountants out there who do it for me.

Yes I wish people would understand that it was not even him it was his agent, who told him, hold out and I will get you a boatload of money next year. Peters never publicly said anything. All he did wqas follow his agents advice... to his eventual great benefit.

If it wasn't for his agent, Russ would be happily still effing him in the backside.

Don't hate the man, hate the system and the Bills FO.

I wish Peters success this year right up until we face him in the SB.

I'd disagree. By all accounts, the Bills offered Peters a large contract this winter - by some reports the largest for a linemen in franchise history. Yes, Peters signed (what we can only assume) a larger contract with the Eagles. So, on the surface you could conclude that the holdout got Peters more money.

However, what we don't know is... if Peters had arrived last year in shape and played at the same level he did in 2007, would the FO have offered a higher contract? There's plenty of reason to think they would have based on their approach with players like Evans. So, it's very likely that had Peters not held out all of last summer, actually played at his former level, and expressed some interest in remaining a Bill that he would still be a Bill and making very much the same amount of money he is right now with the Eagles.

All points lead to either Peters just didn't want to be in Buffalo or he/his agent completely crapped on the only team willing to give Peters his start in the NFL for what amounts to not alot of money.

By Jove I think you've got it. There's not. If there were a Jason Peters Defamation League, though, you'd definitely be President, Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer. You're one of the Big Four.

And if there was an 'Oh-My-Gosh-I'd-Love-To-Sniff-Jason-Peters-Jock-Strap Society', you'd definitely be Founder, President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer :huh:

What I don't get at all is that you seem to take any criticism of Jason Peters as a personal affront, and feel so compelled to rebut every single post that may be construed as even slightly negative regarding his selfish greed, lack of commitment to his team and to his profession, inability to finish a season w/out injury, and his 6-Wonderlic score.

What's that all about? :)