Peters On Pup List For a Quad Injury

H2o

100% agree, the guy's a bum, Bills drafted him as a TE, and then they turned him into an OL, had the Bills give up on him as a TE, maybe he never plays a game in the NFL, so how does he show his gratitude for the team that relaunch his career, he holds out on a contract that was still paying him millions, zero class, zero team spirit, 100% bum, period.

you're right, we are way better sticking with people like schoebel and kelsay who are crappy football players, than people like pat williams, clements, winfield, peter etc etc etc.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're right, we are way better sticking with people like schoebel and kelsay who are crappy football players, than people like pat williams, clements, winfield, peter etc etc etc.

You're way off buddy, take a couple of minutes to focus when you read...I said Peters was a bum because of his attitude towards the team, to compare the Peters situation with Pat Williams, Clements and Winfield is just ridiculous, Pat Williams we should have kept, Clements was demanding big money that the Bills didnt want to pay for a corner, Winfield pretty much the same thing as Clements...

Guest dog14787
To whom it may concern, Peters practiced this morning. Crisis over. Have a nice day.

doggonit, that's kinda like saying the milk in your cereal has soured, but enjoy it. :worthy:

doggonit, that's kinda like saying the milk in your cereal has soured, but enjoy it. :cry:

Oh, I'm sure we can start this fun discussion all over again the next time he has a hangnail, or allows a "sack" in non-contact drills, or anyone mentions the Bills' current depth chart at LT.

Can't wait. :worthy:

doggonit, that's kinda like saying the milk in your cereal has soured, but enjoy it. :cry:

Yes, the fact that a human being is not injured and can go back to his job is analogous to sour milk.

:worthy:

Am I a bad person because I wish Bills who have to decided to go elsewhere to suck and girls who have dumped me to have somewhat unhappy lives, and for both to regret their decisions?..........I think I probably am.

Guest dog14787
Am I a bad person because I wish Bills who have to decided to go elsewhere to suck and girls who have dumped me to have somewhat unhappy lives, and for both to regret their decisions?..........I think I probably am.

I think I am also... and I just can't help myself...bad

You are merely human, my Bills brother. Nothing wrong with that. :worthy:

Oh, I'm sure we can start this fun discussion all over again the next time he has a hangnail, or allows a "sack" in non-contact drills, or anyone mentions the Bills' current depth chart at LT.

Can't wait. :worthy:

Oooo...a sack in non-contact drills. That's a good one Lori. I'll have to remember that :cry:

No, your actually normal. A very small minority try to act sophisticated and domesticated enough to seem like they have their schitt together in life and try to make you feel bad for hating Peters. Treat those people like they are professors at Columbia University or Cal Berkely or some other wacko school. But fear not bbb, you are in line with 90% of Bills fans. You know, not wishing death, but certainly hoping that a fat, lazy, tub of goo, eats his way into being miserable in Philly!

Good start so far! But hey, most of us who know him well, knew this would happen.

:worthy:

To whom it may concern, Peters practiced this morning. Crisis over. Have a nice day.

But ... but ... but ... but ... I thought there was a huge catastrophe. I thought the quad spasm was career threatening.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Gee, I predicted it would be about a three-day thing. And ... it was about a three-day thing. I'm shocked.

No one FORCED these guys to play. They assume the risk themselves when THEY opted to step on the field.

I ride a motorcycle. I accept the risk myself.

Yeah? So? Does the fact that you are making a relatively dangerous decision for no reason, a decision that absolutely WILL leave a certain percentage of people who make the same decision alive but in a coma or alive but horribly disabled, essentially a ward of the state for decades, draining the wallets of the rest of us who make healthier decisions (I used to volunteer in a nursing home, I saw how many of the totally incapacitated people there were motorcycle accident victims rather than victims of dementia), and that you do so for no good reason whatsoever, personal pleasure and personal preference ...

Is that supposed to effect how we think of these guys who are contributing to the economy in a huge way, making millions happy and earning their living?

Because it's not even close to the same thing.

This was a news story right after the trade, and was up on most news sites. Although to some extent it's hard to tell with Jason's intellect if that's really what he was trying to say.

No, it was very clear. In the story, he didn't say what he was accused of saying. It was extremely clear, and I posted about it above.

Anyone who takes what Peters actually said and decides that it means that he didn't try as hard as he could is showing much more about himself and his hatred of Peters than about Peters himself.

This post is not based on any "facts" or "research" of the Eagles situation but;

I was listening to the NFL channel on Sirius the other day and they were talking about some of the "barely within the rules" things some of the teams do at this point of the year. One of the things they talked about was placing players the team KNOWs are on the team, and may for one reason or another not need the practice time, on the PUP list.

The reasoning was a PUP player does not count against the player limit and allows the team to carry extra "fringe" players a few extra days to better evaluate them, or bring in a few players to look at. Two examples they gave of coaches who "creatively" use the PUP list at the beginning of camp were Tuna and Bellicheat.

Like I said I don't know the Eagles situation, but anytime a player is PUP for "spasms" or "tweeks" it makes me go Hmmm.

Yup. Now that he's back, it's easy to see that this is what the Eagles were doing.

Link?

Chuck Hughes, with the Lions, was the guy who died on the field. Thomas Herrion, a 49er, died after a preseason game. St. Louis Cardinal J.V. Cain died at training camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hughes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Herrion

Remember the Vikings lineman who died at training camp a few years ago? Korey Stringer, I think?

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference...nger/index.html

And what about Daryl Stingley's death from pneumonia and heart disease complicated by the paraplegia he got on Jack Tatum's hit. Never walked again. The ME listed his death as an accident (i.e. the eventual result of the hit).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Stingley

And this is ignoring all those guys who end up homeless and brain-damaged from the repetitive head trauma. Remember Mike Webster, one of the best centers ever? Horrendous brain trauma. The guy used to stun himself with a taser because it was the only way he could get to sleep with the horrible chronic pain all over his body. Used to call his family or friends almost every day because he couldn't find his way home. Died at 50.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1972285

There are hundreds and hundreds of those guys. Andre Waters committed suicide at 44. He had extensive brain damage, it was discovered. From football, undoubtedly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2734941

Lyle Alzado died from cancer related to his extensive use of steroids, which he took to survive in the NFL. At one point, they removed a lump of scar tissue from his butt the size of a grapefruit. From the injections.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/15/sports/l...oe-is-dead.html

You think these guys DON'T risk their lives every day? Think again.

Take a look at the stats. NFL players have greatly curtailed life spans, on average.

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/362412_nflhealth09.html

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articl.../3/122610.shtml

An average life expectancy of 55 years!!

Enough links for you?

Dude, seriously, that bolded quote above is just as bad. Are you kidding me? If this was even on this guy's mind, he's a putz. He wasn't focused on football, and didn't want to be here.

Yet again making unsubstantiated claims.

You take a quote that says that a guy was briefly distracted, and you change it into the fact that he wasn't focused on football.

Molehill, meet mountain. Everybody is distracted at times. It's part of being human. The reason you are angry or surprised is that you hate Peters.

It is NOT reasonable to say that he wasn't focused. It IS reasonable to say that he wasn't PERFECTLY focused, and I would agree with you if that is what you were trying to say. But as usual, you saying something that is explainable doesn't fit your agenda, so you take what he actually said and multiply it by a factor of 10 and say it like it is a fact.

And there is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that he didn't want to be in Buffalo. As has been showed again and again, the most likely explanation is simply that Buffalo offered him less money, then Philly offered him more, and that's why he left Buffalo, that he simply knew (and he was indeed correct) that he could get market value elsewhere.

I know I'm not changing your mind. You have decided that you hate Peters and will say anything to attack him. That's fine. I'm just making sure that the neutral and reasonable people who read this thread understand what Peters actually said. Logical people, once they see what he actually said, know that it was reasonable.

And when shown that there is no proof of any kind that Peters wanted to leave Buffalo, they understand.

WTF you talking about?

"Wishing for players to get hurt?" Where'd you get that nonsense?

All I said is the guy's a bum - which he demonstrated last season by dogging it all year 'cause the Bills didn't cave in to his petulant demands.

Guy's got a $60M contract with $24M guaranteed - what does he care about playing football?

Most likely, the same as he did after he got a $15 million contract, after which he had two sensational years and then one year which started badly and ended very well, during which season he ended up as the second-best run blocker at LT in the league and the best run blocker on the Bills.

All of that indicates that he was very motivated indeed, even if he had major problems because of missing training camp.