Mike Williams

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant that it would suck if he becomes good, because of how far back he set our o-line. If dude was serious about playing for the Bills out of school, the combo of him and Peters, would have been awesome. Would we have traded Peters if he would have played decently?

Read on Fox sports that he is down to 340lbs. He lost over 100lbs. I hope he does not make the Redskins roster, but one has to wonder if he is now mature and ready to contribute. This could suck.

Why would you not want to see him make the skins?! The man is trying to FINALLY get his act together and live up to something close to his potential. He's literally working his butt off and you don't want him to succeed because it would make you feel bad becuase he's not on the Bills. Hope you never screw up and need another chance.

Best scenario for him is that he becomes a journeyman starter for the Redskins or somewhere else. He won't be an all-pro or anything because even with maturity players don't change that much. The Bills had no choice about cutting him; he wouldn't be making all this effort if the Bills and then Jacksonville had not cut him and he ended up out of the league for a while.

I'm just glad we didn't cut McCargo because with the better coaching he is getting there could be real potential for him this year.

Ill never understand the reasoning behind drafting him. The consensus top LT was Bryant Mckinnie, who has been starting at LT for one of the better OLs the last 5 years and not out of football. No one talked about Mike Williams before the draft, while McKinnie had spots on Letterman.

No one talked about Mike Williams before the draft, while McKinnie had spots on Letterman.

I clearly remember ESPN running highly-produced segments with Mike Williams before the draft.

Ill never understand the reasoning behind drafting him. The consensus top LT was Bryant Mckinnie, who has been starting at LT for one of the better OLs the last 5 years and not out of football. No one talked about Mike Williams before the draft, while McKinnie had spots on Letterman.

There were lots of questions about McKinnie -- and he hasn't lived up to his potential either, just ask a Vikings fan.

In my mind, he lost interest in football when his grandmother passed away, and you can't fault someone for putting family first.

I clearly remember ESPN running highly-produced segments with Mike Williams before the draft.

Don't piss on his parade. EVERYONE knew that Mike Williams was going to be horrible before the draft except the Bills

Why would you not want to see him make the skins?! The man is trying to FINALLY get his act together and live up to something close to his potential. He's literally working his butt off and you don't want him to succeed because it would make you feel bad becuase he's not on the Bills. Hope you never screw up and need another chance.

Probably because he already had the chance, a chance not many people are lucky to have, and instead of taking advantage he literally stole money from the Bills organization. I hope he never makes it back into the NFL and can truly understand what he chose to give up by not giving a damn.

Probably because he already had the chance, a chance not many people are lucky to have, and instead of taking advantage he literally stole money from the Bills organization. I hope he never makes it back into the NFL and can truly understand what he chose to give up by not giving a damn.

Dude, seriously? He didn't play well enough to merit the #4 overall pick, that's not stealing.

The over-dramatization on this board is unbelievable sometimes.

Dude, seriously? He didn't play well enough to merit the #4 overall pick, that's not stealing.

The over-dramatization on this board is unbelievable sometimes.

Didn't play well enough? He barely played at all. It's not as if he was trying and failing. He wasn't trying, and didn't seem to give a schit that he was killing the team and letting everyone around him down, while simultaneously collecting his large paycheck every week.

The signed contract is an agreement of duties. The Bills are going to give you this amount of money for you to do your job. He took the money without fulfilling his duty, or even attempting to.

Didn't play well enough? He barely played at all.

:rolleyes::thumbsup::worthy:

14 games in 2002 (started all 14)

13 games in 2003 (started all 13)

15 games in 2004 (started all 15)

9 games in 2005 ((started in 6)

Started in 48 games in five years = "barely played at all"? Man, what a horrible mis-characterization that is.

He apparently fulfilled his duties enough to be a starter for 3 1/2 years.

Hey, I'm no fan, but let's not make s#it up. If we wasn't good enough, blame the coaches for starting him. He took the field nearly every week, that's for sure.

:rolleyes::thumbsup::worthy:

14 games in 2002 (started all 14)

13 games in 2003 (started all 13)

15 games in 2004 (started all 15)

9 games in 2005 ((started in 6)

Started in 48 games in five years = "barely played at all"? Man, what a horrible mis-characterization that is.

He apparently fulfilled his duties enough to be a starter for 3 1/2 years.

Hey, I'm no fan, but let's not make s#it up. If we wasn't good enough, blame the coaches for starting him. He took the field nearly every week, that's for sure.

When I said "played" I meant actually giving a damn and performing at the high level he was capable of. Sure, he was in the game. That's the bad part.

And the reason he was a starter was not because of his play.

Bull :rolleyes: revisionist history.