Shawn Nelson Signed

sven233

Guest dog14787
According to a report on WGR55, Shawn Nelson has signed a 4 year deal. AP was reporting this. Looking for a link.

Great news, I have a gut feeling this fella is a keeper and a good one. :lol:

According to a report on WGR55, Shawn Nelson has signed a 4 year deal. AP was reporting this. Looking for a link.

EDIT:

Here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

sorry couldn't alert you folks earlier on this one, but busy dealing with other stories i had to file. glad everyone saw it.

jw

Guest dog14787
sorry couldn't alert you folks earlier on this one, but busy dealing with other stories i had to file. glad everyone saw it.

jw

Thanks jw,

Nelson averaged a TD about every three starts in college, if he can transfer that over into the NFL its just what the doctor ordered for the Buffalo Bills.

Great news, Sven. This is a twofold godsend:

1) The Bills have needed a TE that can stretch the field for about 6 years. He'll be one-dimensional at first, but he'll scare the living daylights out of DCs just as a decoy, if nothing else. Especially after he breaks his first 15-yarder into a big one.

2) It's just so refreshing to log into TSW and see posts related to signings and, you know, like "football stuff", instead of posts like "What was your best Bills groin scratch EVER?!?!".

Or something like that. I'm so glad the offseason is receding in the rearview mirror. Getting smaller every minute.

wow, whats up with all the false and inaccurate reports.

Yeah....saw this. I watched all of the local new stations sports and I believe all of them said that he signed. So they are reporting it as well. I am not sure what to think. I guess we will find out tomorrow when practice starts! I am just hoping the Bills are just not saying anything because they want to announce multiple signings at 1 time. Maybe they have the deal done with Nelson, but they are waiting to announce it along with some of the other guys. We can only hope.

Guest dog14787
folks, there's a difference between "agreed to" and "signed." i reported "agreed to." anyone reporting that he's signed either was in the room where Nelson signed the contract or is inaccurate.

jw

I caught that last night when I reread your report and posted as much so I doubt anyone is blaming you, but the starter of the thread also heard it on the radio and then used your report to verify even though your report said agreed to which probably just added to the confusion.