What's the most random jersey you've ever seen?

A few weeks ago, I lost out on an Ebay auction for an authentic Bills Joe Panos jersey... it sold for about $12...

I think the oddest I ever saw in person, at the 2006 Bills/Texans game in Houston, I saw two different people sporting Crag Nall jerseys.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still to this day own a Qinn Early jersey.......I got it 2 days after the 97yrd TD from Collins.

Were you by any chance at the game in Miami last year? As we were pulling into the parking lot littered with Bills fans, my buddy pointed and said holy sh*t is that a Quinn Early jersey? I think I even have a picture with the person in the background.

I took the name off of the Holcomb jersey that I got after he was let go/left, so that I could proudly sport the chroise.

When I was in toronto for the pre-season game, some one asked me if I had bought an Alex Van Pelt jersey. I don't think that AVP ever wore the "new" jersey, just the throwback colors, (or colours)

Living in Delaware my brother is a Redskins fan.I go to games with him and the fans there wear the 3rd string QBs jersey Colt Brennan.You can buy this guys jersey in the stadium store.Who the hell has a jersey for the 3rd stringer.They call it the cult of Colt.

I own a Sam Cowart Jersey

How in the world do I not remember that touchdown?

It was in New Orleans and Early made the catch, fell down while doing so but was never touched and went the distance. If anyone can find the video please link it....... its worth a look.

Were you by any chance at the game in Miami last year? As we were pulling into the parking lot littered with Bills fans, my buddy pointed and said holy sh*t is that a Quinn Early jersey? I think I even have a picture with the person in the background.

No that wasnt me, but that at least means Im not alone in making the worst purchase of my life.

I admit to wearing the following:

Mark Maddox

Was it a retread Cornelius Bennett jersey was it? At one point, I ended up "stuck" with one of those after he switched to 97. I think I ended up donating it to our high school "scout team" to use when they wanted to identify our oppenents "key" defender.

I had/have a Bryce Paup jersey somewhere, I think it's an armourall rag now.

Living in Delaware my brother is a Redskins fan.I go to games with him and the fans there wear the 3rd string QBs jersey Colt Brennan.You can buy this guys jersey in the stadium store.Who the hell has a jersey for the 3rd stringer.They call it the cult of Colt.

OMG, I want a Colt Brennan jersey. I happened to be a huge fan of his in college and hope he gets a shot at some point in the NFL.

I took the name off of the Holcomb jersey that I got after he was let go/left, so that I could proudly sport the chroise.

When I was in toronto for the pre-season game, some one asked me if I had bought an Alex Van Pelt jersey. I don't think that AVP ever wore the "new" jersey, just the throwback colors, (or colours)

Nope, AVP was still on the team through 2003. In fact, until they traded for Bledsoe (which would have been after the redesign was approved but before the jerseys were actually unveiled), he was slated to be the starting QB in '02.

I saw this slow, big white dude where a Kelsay jersey a few times. He seemed to have really good character. He also kinda strutted around like he made more money than he was worth. Also, someone let him onto the field, but all he did was run around the other team's QB, so there really was no harm.

By far, the most random guy wearing a Bills jersey who shouldn't have been

:rolleyes:

Was it a retread Cornelius Bennett jersey was it? At one point, I ended up "stuck" with one of those after he switched to 97. I think I ended up donating it to our high school "scout team" to use when they wanted to identify our oppenents "key" defender.

Really...I like those strange jerseys...I remember seeing somewhere a picture of someone with a #36 OJ Simpson jersey...that would be cool. A few years ago, I baught a #36 Whitner jersey for $5.99 at Laux...I wear that one all the time...

I like jerseys of obscure players, like the Joe Panos jersey I mentioned above. He was horrible, always injured, but just kind of a nice little footnote..

Players I would love to own;

Steve Freeman, Jerry Butler, Robb Riddick

Mixed in amongst the three million JP, Willis and TO jerseys I found a few good ones on ebay...Alas no Jamie Nails XXXXXXL jerseys were available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-90S-NIKE-ROB-J...%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROOSEVELT-LEAKS-BUFFAL...3A2%7C294%3A200

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-Buffalo-Bills-SAM...3A4%7C294%3A200

http://cgi.ebay.com/REEBOK-Buffalo-Bills-P...3A5%7C294%3A200

PS: My season tickets came today. I'll be starting a new thread in 4 minutes. :lol:

Got a kid here at work who is dying to get a #33 Tim Tindale jersey..

Is the kid from Canada? As I recall Tindale played college in Canada and actually won the Canadian version of the Heisman Trophy.

A few weeks ago, I lost out on an Ebay auction for an authentic Bills Joe Panos jersey... it sold for about $12...

I like jerseys of obscure players, like the Joe Panos jersey I mentioned above. He was horrible, always injured, but just kind of a nice little footnote..

Players I would love to own;

Steve Freeman, Jerry Butler, Robb Riddick

Panos wasn't that horrible IMO, he was just average. One thing about him (which the linked story seems to confirm) is that he is likely an angry, aggressive human being. This was certainly his style of play...he was like a poor man's Steve Wisniewski, often hitting after the whistle. He was a combative tough guy if nothing else.

Nothing wrong with a Sam Cowart jersey. He was a pretty good player but never seemed the same after the Achilles tear.

OMG, I want a Colt Brennan jersey. I happened to be a huge fan of his in college and hope he gets a shot at some point in the NFL.

You cult followers...tell me you're not a fan of David Koresh.

Why yest it was!

But I have a great story to go with it. The day I picked it up at Al Ross after like a $10 job to sew on a nameplate....I went bowling with some friends. The Lord works in mysterious ways, as who walks in and gets a lane near us???.......Mark Maddox and Oliver Barnett. I schit you not!

I had the jersey in a bag in my car and ran out to get it. I went over and asked him to sign it, at which time his wife went gaga. "I've never seen one of those.....where did you get that...oh my god!" She was great, and so was Maddox. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a retread, but I did say I got it at Al Ross. Maddox signed it and I still have it today.

I have one other great jersey story. I lived in Miami for 10 years and would go to Florida Panther games. I am a big guy so it is hard for me to get a jersey that fits right. JC Penney had a Panther jersey in an alternate color of bright yellow....thing was this wasn't even an alternate jersey of theirs. I would get comments all the time because here is some huge dude in a traffic cone of a jersey....but people liked it.

So I am in Buffalo the week of the NHL draft. I go to the arena to check it out. I am getting a beer with my friend when someone yells, "Nice Jersey!....Schitty Team!". I turn around, and it is Doug McLean, who used to be coach for the Panthers and a GM. He had just been fired the past season and it was a little ugly aftermath. I laughed...but he was such a cool guy, he comes over to me to start asking how I am and what I was doing in Buffalo. We talked for a good 5+ minutes and he even introduced me to his family. What a genuine, no BS guy.