Buffalo listed as a franchise on the brink

major

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would just result in an extra $5-20 per ticket into Ralph's pocket. Nothing else would change.

He could spend more on coaches and bonuses. Personally, I think he should raise ticket prices a little and I think he should sell the stadium naming rights. It's just stupid that he won't do it.

That article, however, seems to be written by someone that doesn't know all that much about the Bills or Ralph or the Toronto deal or football.

Another weekend with TommieBoy* up there in P-Town? You guys having a nice day at Herring Cove?

I don't know about P-Town, Senator Craig. Why don't you reveal yourself and tell us all about it?

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but you seem to be the absolute "gayest" poster here.

It would just result in an extra $5-20 per ticket into Ralph's pocket. Nothing else would change.

When grumpy Ralph signed the sweetheart deal with the Toronto group he was asked by a reporter if he would use some of the canadian proceeds to invest in the team. The tight arsed owner chuckled and responded: Absolutely not. The clown owner doesn't know how (or desire) to run a winning organization, but at least he is honest, bluntly honest. :thumbsup::thumbsup::angry:

That article, however, seems to be written by someone that doesn't know all that much about the Bills or Ralph or the Toronto deal or football.

You got it all wrong. Ralph and the losing Bills are well known by insiders and outsiders. Their inept performances have been on display for a generation. A comment by a former GM, Floyd Reece, who was an analyst for the NFL channel captured what a lot of football people think about the Bills. After one of their drafts and during the offseason he commented that "the organization must have a plan, but I can't figure it out." He and the panel he sat with had a good chuckle over that ridiculing observation. Floyd Reese is now a consultant with the Pats, a winning organization. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Our Bills are one of them.

Consider the source:

"Born and raised in North Jersey, Mike Schuster has somehow molded a lifelong proclivity of crackin' wise into a steady paycheck. He spent five and a half years as a Contributing Writer for The Onion and had his work featured in Long Island Pulse, FriendSpaceBook, and other defunct ventures.

Drawing upon nearly three decades of watching sitcoms, sketch shows, and Twilight Zone reruns, he now works as a Staff Writer for Minyanville and is an infrequent stand-up comedian around the New York area.

He is currently a resident of Jersey City, NJ and a survivor of chronic petulance."

Anybody can be a 'writer' in the Internet age...and this guy is further proff of that.

When grumpy Ralph signed the sweetheart deal with the Toronto group he was asked by a reporter if he would use some of the canadian proceeds to invest in the team. The tight arsed owner chuckled and responded: Absolutely not.

Show me a link to that statement by Ralph. :thumbsup:

Show me a link to that statement by Ralph. :thumbsup:

better yet take at look at the payroll since they signed the big deal.

although they signed TO and Evans, they probably have a lower payroll after cutting loose Dockery and Peters

Certainly there has been no big splurge on free agents to increase the talent level on the team - a lack of talent that Ralph himself blamed for Dicks 2-8 implosion last year.

On the brink of what? I don't know of any NFL teams having financial troubles.

This would be a good time for Ralph to sell all or most of the team if maximum recovery is his goal. Capital gains tax is still low at 15% and Obama and company want that to be increased significantly. The Dems also plan to reinstate estate taxes to the 45% level (above $3.5 million) reversing the estate tax exemption that is on the books now meaning that if Ralph were to die in 2010 or beyond, his family would have a tax bill triple the current capital gains tax rate. It's amazing that Democrats would feel entitled to tax revenue from inheritance at all let alone 45% but that's another matter. Expect Obama and the current congress to move quickly on that one once they get Obamacare done (another disaster in the making). Obviously not a great time to sell the team given the economy, but the tax advantages probably outweigh the discount price. I believe that he can then put those proceeds into an irrevocable trust which would shield his family from the estate taxes. Not an expert in this but I think that is the case. Someone else here might have a comment on that. For all we know he already has the irrevocable trust established which might mean it doesn't matter tax-wise when he dies and still owns the team.

Yeah, because Snyder and Jones have had SUCH great success spending tons on GM's, coaches, and players these past 9 years. And the best money the Patriots spent was on a videocamera.

The article mentions not selling the naming rights to the stadium. If the Bills sold the naming rights, do you think whoever bought them would have tolerated playing games in Toronto? I think maybe that thought has been with ralph for a while, and was a prudent business move on his part NOT to sell them.

Looking at things in a silo is bad.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Inves...slide-number=10

MSN is running a slideshow today of teams/franchises on the brink. Our Bills are one of them.

The article mentions not selling the naming rights to the stadium. If the Bills sold the naming rights, do you think whoever bought them would have tolerated playing games in Toronto? I think maybe that thought has been with ralph for a while, and was a prudent business move on his part NOT to sell them.

Looking at things in a silo is bad.

Jerry Jones has never sold naming rights to the Cowboys' old stadium, and still hasn't sold them for his new stadium. :thumbsup:

I don't know about P-Town, Senator Craig. Why don't you reveal yourself and tell us all about it?

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but you seem to be the absolute "gayest" poster here.

You may be confusing simple grumpiness with the alternative life style his posts suggest. Just saying...

This would be a good time for Ralph to sell all or most of the team if maximum recovery is his goal. Capital gains tax is still low at 15% and Obama and company want that to be increased significantly. The Dems also plan to reinstate estate taxes to the 45% level (above $3.5 million) reversing the estate tax exemption that is on the books now meaning that if Ralph were to die in 2010 or beyond, his family would have a tax bill triple the current capital gains tax rate. It's amazing that Democrats would feel entitled to tax revenue from inheritance at all let alone 45% but that's another matter. Expect Obama and the current congress to move quickly on that one once they get Obamacare done (another disaster in the making). Obviously not a great time to sell the team given the economy, but the tax advantages probably outweigh the discount price. I believe that he can then put those proceeds into an irrevocable trust which would shield his family from the estate taxes. Not an expert in this but I think that is the case. Someone else here might have a comment on that. For all we know he already has the irrevocable trust established which might mean it doesn't matter tax-wise when he dies and still owns the team.

Not sure why you had to make it political but the fact is Ralph loves football and he sees no reason to sell the team while he is alive. It would be much easier if he had kids that wanted the team but that is not the case.