Kelsay...A Thread-Worthy Play

Paco

A particular play by Kelsay, I think, deserves its own thread. Curtis Martin sweeping to the right. Mawae pulls to lead block...Kelsay blows into Mawae and literally shoves Mawae backwards into Martin, causing Martin to miss his turn upfield an run further outside. When Mawae collects himself and tries again to move forward, Kelsay AGAIN throttles forward and pushed Mawae into the play. By then, we strung Martin out of bounds for no gain.

So this Kelsay guy. He's pretty good, huh?

A particular play by Kelsay, I think, deserves its own thread. Curtis Martin sweeping to the right. Mawae pulls to lead block...Kelsay blows into Mawae and literally shoves Mawae backwards into Martin, causing Martin to miss his turn upfield an run further outside. When Mawae collects himself and tries again to move forward, Kelsay AGAIN throttles forward and pushed Mawae into the play. By then, we strung Martin out of bounds for no gain.

108002[/snapback]

Kelsay sure was great yesterday. This could pay HUGE dividends, because quality DEs are very hard to find.

Kelsay might wind up as good as Schobel, and that would make our DL one of the best in the NFL, and deep.

Some of us are not suprised at all by his play.....

My point about Kelsay all along is the "DE rotation" that they were putting Kelsay and Denny in was crap......

As a young DE you dont really get that tired...and you need the continuous reps in order to get into a game flow.....

To me yesterday was the first game I have seen where they allowed Kelsay to be out on the field as the perm starter.....I didn't actually see him off the field much until the 2nd half.....

This coaching staff needs to just simply make the move....Kelsay is the starter....Denny is the backup.....when Kelsay needs a blow here and there then Denny will get a chance to play....

Kelsay is a smart, hustle player who is only going to get better....to me he is VERY MUCH like Grant Wistrom

Guest BackInDaDay

108002[/snapback]

His future's so bright, he'll have to wear shades! B)

Kelsay sure was great yesterday. This could pay HUGE dividends, because quality DEs are very hard to find.

Kelsay might wind up as good as Schobel, and that would make our DL one of the best in the NFL, and deep.

108048[/snapback]

What the hell is wrong with you, I agree with virtually everything you say recently. :D

It was great to see Kelsay stepping up. I was definitely having Hansen flashbacks on a couple plays (tho Kelsay's neck is a bit shorter).

Has anyone heard from Cornhusker Bob, or whatever his name was, asking about Kelsay in the preseason?

Something else interesting - any of you notice how many Jet first-and-10s there were with Denney ® and Kelsay (L) on the field, and Schobel came in for second down? Wish I had a tape, so I could go back through and check the percentages on that... but it happened often enough that theesir and I both noticed it.

Using Denney on what they thought were obvious running downs, and keeping Aaron S. rested for passing downs? Perhaps.

I think the jets game was Kelsay's statement game, he just fired up, went out there and tore it up. Blowing Pennington up, chasing him around all day, shoving the best center in the game around.....looked pretty good to me. The thing I like most about this kid is his fire, it seems he's always scrappin' and fightin' then after the play he gets all jazzed up. Denney doesn't seem like that kind of high-energy guy to me.

Using Denney on what they thought were obvious running downs, and keeping Aaron S. rested for passing downs? Perhaps.

108829[/snapback]

I hope we didn't shell out the kind of cash to Schoebel that we did for a situational pass rusher. He hasn't been the dominating DE you expect with that kind of cash. He should be able to play the run.

It's nice to see Kelsay play well. If he develops some consistancy we'll have a solid DE combination but far from the best in the league.

RunTheBall

Either Bflo's front 4 played 1000 times better than their first meeting, or there's something wrong with Mawae. He played really well with his hand all "clubbed up" in their first game, but he played a shade under average in this game.

In any event, it does not take away the strong effort by Kelsay, Adams, Williams, & Schobel.

Kelsay has been better than Denny from about day one. TD is the only one blind enough to think otherwise.

And YES TD's ego is still way too big and he has made WAY too many stupid assed decisions for my book.

And YES TD's ego is still way too big and he has made WAY too many stupid assed decisions for my book.

109156[/snapback]

You may or may not agree with his decisions, but IMO using the tired "ego" mantra simply isn't based on reality, it's based on an inaccurate bias.