The hit on Moorman

stevestojan

Is there any way i can get a video of that?

I was pissed when it happend, because he's a punter, and even if he could have possible made the tackle, the blocker simply needed to push him.

BUT, since he turned out to be OK, I really would like to see that again. The only showed one review and it had to have been one of the top 10 hits I have seen in the past 5 seasons or so. I mean, he was running full speed (and Moorman's a quick little bastard) and then just stopped and sent backwards. I dont think he knew where the hell he was the rest of the day.

On the post-game interviews he said the guy apologized after the game.

107951[/snapback]

That is actually a fairly classy move by Lamont Jordan. I was ticked when I saw the hit. It was a good hit, but Brian Moorman has reached god-like status--no one should lay a finger on him out of simple awe and reverence for his abilities.

Damnit! This is exactly why you should be able to hook up your Tivo to the internet so you can have remote access to it!

107949[/snapback]

There is a way to do that, I just don't have the balls to go forward with that particular upgrade.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/ Look in the upgrades section.

That * dierdork defended the guy that blew up Moorman.  It was a cheap shot plain and simple.

108091[/snapback]

No it wasn't. Moorman stuck his nose into the action and was a potential tackler. The hit was from in-front, before the play was over, and clean. It was a good hit and thankfully Moorman is none the worse for wear, although I could have sworn he had to have a concussion with that goofy grin he had on his face.

No it wasn't.

I'm sure we'll disagree on this forever, but basically Moorman had no time to prepare for the blow (which came from the side and rear). He got laid out and possibly injured for no other reason than the * that hit him could feel good about himself. Lets face it, Moorman is a punter and certainly no threat to lay a bone crushing hit on the ball carrier especially since the play was essentially over. I have no qualms about a good even up hit, but this was about as valiant as a truck hitting a puppy.

Is there any way i can get a video of that?

I was pissed when it happend, because he's a punter, and even if he could have possible made the tackle, the blocker simply needed to push him.

BUT, since he turned out to be OK, I really would like to see that again. The only showed one review and it had to have been one of the top 10 hits I have seen in the past 5 seasons or so. I mean, he was running full speed (and Moorman's a quick little bastard) and then just stopped and sent backwards. I dont think he knew where the hell he was the rest of the day.

107935[/snapback]

Why?

Cuz he got "JACKED UP"?!

:D

No it wasn't.

I'm sure we'll disagree on this forever, but basically Moorman had no time to prepare for the blow (which came from the side and rear). He got laid out and possibly injured for no other reason than the * that hit him could feel good about himself. Lets face it, Moorman is a punter and certainly no threat to lay a bone crushing hit on the ball carrier especially since the play was essentially over. I have no qualms about a good even up hit, but this was about as valiant as a truck hitting a puppy.

108160[/snapback]

I think anyone is fair game in the field of play. Had the returnman got to Moorman, Jordan taking him out might have sprung him for a TD, which would have been a crucial play in that game. And since Moorman said that Jordan apologized to him afterwards because he didn't know he was the kicker, I'll let it slide. Could he have hit him softer? Sure, but that's not what ST's are about.

No it wasn't. 

I'm sure we'll disagree on this forever, but basically Moorman had no time to prepare for the blow (which came from the side and rear).  He got laid out and possibly injured for no other reason than the * that hit him could feel good about himself.  Lets face it, Moorman is a punter and certainly no threat to lay a bone crushing hit on the ball carrier especially since the play was essentially over.  I have no qualms about a good even up hit, but this was about as valiant as a truck hitting a puppy.

108160[/snapback]

Maybe we should put a dress on him so people won't hit him as hard!?

Look, there is an old saying: play with your head on a swivel. Moorman did not do that and paid the price. Jordan could have hit him even harder than he did. Moorman was breaking down on the sideline to make a tackle. No way Jordan should have to make some split-second decision about which position he plays and then gauge based on that how hard he should hit him. If your going to play with the big boys, you've got to be aware and prepared to be hit.

No way that was a cheap shot!