The hit on Moorman

stevestojan

No it wasn't.

I'm sure we'll disagree on this forever, but basically Moorman had no time to prepare for the blow (which came from the side and rear). He got laid out and possibly injured for no other reason than the * that hit him could feel good about himself. Lets face it, Moorman is a punter and certainly no threat to lay a bone crushing hit on the ball carrier especially since the play was essentially over. I have no qualms about a good even up hit, but this was about as valiant as a truck hitting a puppy.

108160[/snapback]

:D:(

Doesnt' matter Moorman had a jersey on. As long as there isn't a rule against what happened then it is a part of football.

Moorman is a little stevestojan anyway. Lament didn't hit him that hard. It only looked bad because Moorman landed flat on his back.

Moorman only had the wind knocked out of him.

If your going to play with the big boys, you've got to be aware and prepared to be hit.

I dont want to get into a p!ssing contest here, but that's spoken like someone who's never experienced a big hit but has lived vicariously through watching one.

If your going to play with the big boys, you've got to be aware and prepared to be hit.

I dont want to get into a p!ssing contest here, but that's spoken like someone who's never experienced a big hit but has lived vicariously through watching one.

108204[/snapback]

what are you talking about...do not want a p!ssing contest? Then stop making ridiculous statements. If Moorman is on the field, then expect to get hit...simple

No it wasn't.  Moorman stuck his nose into the action and was a potential tackler.  The hit was from in-front, before the play was over, and clean.  It was a good hit and thankfully Moorman is none the worse for wear, although I could have sworn he had to have a concussion with that goofy grin he had on his face.

108144[/snapback]

The hit came from the rear -side should have been a penalty for block from the back.

Maybe we should put a dress on him so people won't hit him as hard!?

Look, there is an old saying: play with your head on a swivel.  Moorman did not do that and paid the price.  Jordan could have hit him even harder than he did.  Moorman was breaking down on the sideline to make a tackle.  No way Jordan should have to make some split-second decision about which position he plays and then gauge based on that how hard he should hit him.  If your going to play with the big boys, you've got to be aware and prepared to be hit.

No way that was a cheap shot!

108191[/snapback]

If you have TIVO look at the replay. He was clearly hit from behind - a cheap shot! should have been a penalty.

108204[/snapback]

Gee, and I thought it was spoken like a guy who has played football, actually taken a big hit for the very same reason Moorman did, and lived to tell about it and learn from it. Hmmm, guess it was difficult to emote that with a keyboard! LOL!

The hit came from the rear -side should have been a penalty for block from the back.

109025[/snapback]

Nope, his helemt was in front of him. That's all that is required for a legal hit. Yes, he did come from the side, but his head was in front of him when he hit him. It was not a cheap shot, it was a legal shot, and Moorman should have been aware of his presence. That's why God gave you a neck!