Will you watch the UFL?

Does America love football or does America love the NFL? The USFL didnt work, the XFL didnt work (cause they were a joke), the NFLEurope didnt work. Will you watch the UFL and why or why not?

I think the USFL would have worked if they stayed playing in the Spring. With only 4 teams I am not sure how exciting the UFL can be?

NFLEurope was a monumental joke and a huge mistake. I spent a lot of time in various places in Europe the past few years and most people had never heard of it unless they were displaced Americans like military. It was a stupid idea really, no one in Europe (or the rest of the world outside of North America) gives a rats a$$ about "American Football". They care about Football (what we call soccer) only. Thinking our style of football would catch on there is nuts.

I will watch the UFL and predict I will love it. The NFL is turning into a P*ssy league, and if it werent for the Bills I wouldn't follow it much. If not for the Bills I would love college football 1000x more. I think the UFL, which will have football rules unlike the XFL, will be great as all the players are realistically trying out for a big paycheck in the NFL.

I hereby would like to put forward a notion that all Bills fans unite and agree to follow one UFL team during the Bills off-season and potentially have a stadium wall for said elected team. Any takers?

Does America love football or does America love the NFL?

A: The NFL.

Everything else is minor league football. Which is fine if you want to go to a minor league game for $6 and have a good seat. But it will never be popular or make money.

NFLEurope was a monumental joke and a huge mistake. I spent a lot of time in various places in Europe the past few years and most people had never heard of it unless they were displaced Americans like military. It was a stupid idea really, no one in Europe (or the rest of the world outside of North America) gives a rats a$$ about "American Football". They care about Football (what we call soccer) only. Thinking our style of football would catch on there is nuts.

I think it was a calculated risk on the part of the NFL. It didn't work, but it was worth a shot - and it was less controversial than their current plan to do the same thing by moving regular season games to London.

The USFL failed because it was poorly managed, and the XFL attacked the NFL and lost the fight for public opinion (obviously).

On the other hand, the Arena league also went bust - I'd say the odds are long.

why not? its not like the cfl and nfl europe. it will have nfl style rules with some old nfl players and nfl coaches with out the stupid hype of the last league that failed. if it sucks...i'll stop watching. but its worth a shot.

Does America love football or does America love the NFL? The USFL didnt work, the XFL didnt work (cause they were a joke), the NFLEurope didnt work. Will you watch the UFL and why or why not?
I have say this is a interesting post and a good question by the way. I'll give it a chance and watch it. The USFL failed because of thier piss poor money management not because of lack of talent, they way overspent and did'nt have the reavanue to back it up. Donald Trump and few other owners just got to greedy and killed the league. The XFL was just a get rich quick schem by Vince McMann that blew up in his face. Being owned by the WWE it had crediability issues right from the start.NFLE was just a developemental league any way.I think the ufl has a good plan here to start off slow and build up with NFL coaches and players.

Only if the only other thing on TV is Dancing with the Stars or some schlocky Ghost Hunters episode.

I will watch the UFL and predict I will love it. The NFL is turning into a P*ssy league, and if it werent for the Bills I wouldn't follow it much. If not for the Bills I would love college football 1000x more. I think the UFL, which will have football rules unlike the XFL, will be great as all the players are realistically trying out for a big paycheck in the NFL.

I hereby would like to put forward a notion that all Bills fans unite and agree to follow one UFL team during the Bills off-season and potentially have a stadium wall for said elected team. Any takers?

I'll take it. How about Las Vegas is JPL is really on the team?

I'll watch, I'll try to go to the game that is in Hartford. I hope it's vs Las Vegas so I can see JP play one more time.

I used to watch the USFL on tv & my biggest regret was not going to the final championship game-it rained at least part of that day & I just didn't feel like driving to NJ in the rain. I never got to see a USFL game in person & I'm sorry I didn't even see one in 3 years, because I was only about 50 miles away from Giants Stadium when the USFL was around. I did see an XFL game, LA vs NJ, so I got to see the league champion (Jerry Crafts was on that team) in person. I saw a bunch of arena games when the original Albany Firebirds were around & I even saw a NY Knights game at Madison Square Garden in 1988. If there's another league, I'll try to go to at least 1 game, so I have no regrets like the USFL ones.

PS-I don't expect the UFL to last very long.

Also: Here's my best USFL story: I'm in my car listening to a Generals-Gamblers game. In the 1st half Kelly goes down with a knee injury. The guys on the radio are saying it's a tough blow for Houston because Kelly will probably miss a few weeks. So who is the QB for Houston in the 2nd half? None other than Jimbo! I knew right then & there he was one tough son of a gun & looked forward to the day he'd be a Bill.

Hell yes I'll watch it. If for no other reason than to be able to say, "Oh... that's what happened to that guy."

I am not sure if he ever signed, but thats for jumping on that bandwagon with me '78. We should do some research, like what teams are there and where are they located, who is on the roster ext. I dont know if I can route for another JP Losman team but I did it for 4 years so we as Bills fans will have a tolerance for it. GO VEGAS, GO BILLS

I dont know if I will actually sit down and watch entire UFL games but I will sure as hell be glad to see some football highlights breakup the boreing streak of baseball highlights that sportscenter puts on during the summer.

homerun...... groundball......doubleplay and repeat.

So, essentially, the main draw for us to watch UFL is to see JP Losman play football?

Who hasn't seen enough of that?

Is this how this league will survive---via dependency on JPL junkies?

Here's my favorite part of the UFL's delusional marketing campaign:

There are so many football fans clamoring to root for a home team. In its "Premiere" season, the UFL will have four teams playing in seven cities. The four teams selected for 2009 are Las Vegas, New York, Orlando and San Francisco. The additional cities where games may be played include Hartford, Los Angeles and Sacramento.

When determining UFL franchise cities, the League looked at cities with vibrant economies, strong football traditions and growing populations that lack an NFL presence.

Yes, football fans in NY and SF are in dire need of a(nother) football team. An how about the "vibrant" cities of Hartford and Sacramento--which have "strong football traditions"?

This league won't suffer very long.