Who is the best QB in next years draft.

With so many to choose from next year mcoy, bradford, tebow, snead and others who would you take if you had the pick.

I for one would take bradford.. deadly accurate and has excellent awarness.. and will be a threat in the NFL

O and this is comming from a person that goes to the University of Florida.. While I love Tebow and think he will be alright.. having that much leadership will not help you in thw NFL

With so many to choose from next year mcoy, bradford, tebow, snead and others who would you take if you had the pick.

I for one would take bradford.. deadly accurate and has excellent awarness.. and will be a threat in the NFL

O and this is comming from a person that goes to the University of Florida.. While I love Tebow and think he will be alright.. having that much leadership will not help you in thw NFL

Tebow #1, then McCoy/Bradford.

I love Bradford's demeanor and the way he plays the game. He understands how offenses work and how the defenses are working against him.l IMO, he is better than Stafford and will be a much better NFL QB.

Yeah you are right, it is much better to have no leadership skills in the NFL like Tony Romo.

Yeah you are right, it is much better to have no leadership skills in the NFL like Tony Romo.

If Tony Romo wins a Super Bowl in 2007 (The year the Cowboys went 13-3) he is looked at as a leader. Isn't it weird how guys who don't win are never looked at as leaders. While guys who win are usually looked at as leaders. We had a conversation about this but I feel that leadership is overstated in college and leadership is mostly correlated to winning in the NFL.

Before Eli won a Superbowl he was looked at as a weak guy who commanded no presence. Now that he won a SuperBowl he is sudden cool as a cucumber and "A real calming influence on the team"

If Tony Romo wins a Super Bowl in 2007 (The year the Cowboys went 13-3) he is looked at as a leader. Isn't it weird how guys who don't win are never looked at as leaders. While guys who win are usually looked at as leaders. We had a conversation about this but I feel that leadership is overstated in college and leadership is mostly correlated to winning in the NFL.

Before Eli won a Superbowl he was looked at as a weak guy who commanded no presence. Now that he won a SuperBowl he is sudden cool as a cucumber and "A real calming influence on the team"

I agree, players that don't show up on Game day will not be looked at as leaders. I think that goes for College & the NFL.

I don't think picking a QB high is a good idea when we have a good one.

Well, whoever the best QB is and if the Bills should get him, I only hope and pray he's wise enough to call timeouts when he knows that if he runs the play he'll get injured.

GO BILLS!!!

That is hysterical. Seriously?

He's not even in the top half of NFL qb's.

At least we have a serviceable backup. Oh wait, no we don't.

Link

TE;

17th in QB rating at 85.4

6th in completion %age.

11th in avg. yards per pass. 7.2

11th in fewest int.'s - 10

10th in 1st down % 35.3

19th in passes over 40 yards

Link

Link

TE;

17th in QB rating at 85.4

6th in completion %age.

11th in avg. yards per pass. 7.2

11th in fewest int.'s - 10

10th in 1st down % 35.3

19th in passes over 40 yards

Link

Are you familiar with the concept known as "touchdowns"?

Are you familiar with the concept known as "touchdowns"?

Trent is 12-11 as a starter and only stands to improve with time. I know he doesn't throw a lot of TD's but if he stays healthy he is likely to improve his game and throw more TD's (Especially since he now has 2 quality wide receivers to throw to. Very few guys start throwing 30 TD's in their first 2 years in the league.

That's good, keep repeating what you hear Mel Kiper saying OR watch some football.

Well Mel Kiper is paid to watch a lot of football and he is likely to know better than most on this board on wither or not Tebow is a good passer or not. A lot of scouts say Tebow is just not likely to be an NFL QB. Its mostly fans and media that go to or are related to the Florida football that tout Tebow. However if his new throwing motion works out all that might change.

As for what I think personally from what I have seen I don't see him as a guy who can come in right away and be effective in the NFL other than as a wildcat kind of guy. HOWEVER I do think that if a team that has time to develop him for at least 3 or 4 seasons (Much like a Tony Romo or Aaron Rodgers type) could turn him into a NFL caliber guy. I just think that he needs a lot of polish and isn't a guy who can step in right away and help a team.

Trent is 12-11 as a starter and only stands to improve with time. I know he doesn't throw a lot of TD's but if he stays healthy he is likely to improve his game and throw more TD's (Especially since he now has 2 quality wide receivers to throw to. Very few guys start throwing 30 TD's in their first 2 years in the league.

Touchdowns count for 6 points each. All of that other crap everyone lists counts for zero points.

Take off your Bills hat. Imagine you are a fan of a team like the Seahawks. Now name me 5 current NFL starters that Trent is better than.

Touchdowns count for 6 points each. All of that other crap everyone lists counts for zero points.

Take off your Bills hat. Imagine you are a fan of a team like the Seahawks. Now name me 5 current NFL starters that Trent is better than.

So only top five QB's are good? :thumbsup:

I would take Trent over the QB's on these teams.

Lions

Jets

Vikings

49ers

Raiders

Tampa Bay

Denver Broncos

Other teams starters I would say Trent is close to or equal to.

Rams

Browns

Texans

Redskins

Titans

Baltimore

So I wouldn't say I am looking at Trent from a biased perspective. Things like being accurate and not throwing INT's are important. He can improve and throw more TD's it happens all the time a lot of QB's in their first 2 or 3 season don't throw a lot of TD's than later they get more experience and begin to be more effective. And like I said Trent has age going for him he only stands to get better because of more starts. The only thing I am concerned with Trent is his health.

I'd settle for top 27.

Off the top of my head, Trent is better than:

Whoever Detroit starts

Joe Flacco

Jason Campbell

Marc Bulger

Kerry Collins

Whoever San Fran starts

David Garrard

Whoever Minnesota starts

Kyle Orton

Mark Sanchez

Jamarcus Russell

And if he develops, he will be better than a few other Qbs as well.

Edit:

To answer the original question, Bradford and McCoy are the top 2 QBs. Tebow is pretty low on the list, but could be a top 5 TE prospect.

My vote is Bradford with McCoy running a close 2nd. They both are extremely accurate, big game tested QB's who can get it done.

I would take Trent over the QB's on these teams.

Lions

Jets

Vikings

49ers

Raiders

Tampa Bay

Denver Broncos

Other teams starters I would say Trent is close to or equal to.

Rams

Browns

Texans

Redskins

Titans

Baltimore

So I wouldn't say I am looking at Trent from a biased perspective. Things like being accurate and not throwing INT's are important. He can improve and throw more TD's it happens all the time a lot of QB's in their first 2 or 3 season don't throw a lot of TD's than later they get more experience and begin to be more effective. And like I said Trent has age going for him he only stands to get better because of more starts. The only thing I am concerned with Trent is his health.

Close or equal does not count so...

Lions - 1, but they just drafted Stafford so they will not draft a QB next year

Jets - 2, ditto

Vikings - It will be Favre so that makes 3

49ers - 4

Raiders Garcia. Are you joking?

Tampa Bay Leftwich and Griese have both done more than Trent

Denver Broncos Orton is not great but has done much more than Trent

So generously he is better than 4 current starters in the NFL. Take away the Jets and Lions because they have cast their lot. That makes the Bills more in need of QB than every NFL team except the Vikes and 9ers. Do you think the teams with the 3 worst QBs in the league might want to draft a QB?

Well Mel Kiper is paid to watch a lot of football and he is likely to know better than most on this board(...)

Do you know who else knows about evaluating talent for the NFL? Bill Belichik. Consistently for the last 10 years.

He said Tebow is the best football player (not COLLEGE football player) he's ever seen.

I (former UF linebacker James Bates) was just talking to Urban, and he told me that (New England Patriots coach) Bill Belichick is coming into town this weekend to talk to the team and he said he was the best football player he’s ever seen. Bill Belichick’s seen some great ones in his day.

The Bills and the rest of the NFL can sleep at the wheel, Belicheat will pick him up in a heartbeat. Then we'll have to face him twice a year.

(I can't believe I used Belicheat to support an argument, I'm making myself gag, but his scouting talent is undeniable)

Close or equal does not count so...

Lions - 1, but they just drafted Stafford so they will not draft a QB next year

Jets - 2, ditto

Vikings - It will be Favre so that makes 3

49ers - 4

Raiders Garcia. Are you joking?

Tampa Bay Leftwich and Griese have both done more than Trent

Denver Broncos Orton is not great but has done much more than Trent

So gennerously he is better than 4 current starters in the NFL. Take away the Jets and Lions because they have cast their lot. That makes the Bills more in need of QB than every NFL team except the Vikes and 9ers. Do you think the teams with the 3 worst QBs in the league might want to draft a QB?

Sorry but Garcia at age 39 is not better than Trent and if he was so good why did it take so long for him to get work. Wouldn't a team like the Jets or Vikings have signed him no he took a while to sign with a joke team like the Raiders. Leftwitch is the same as Garcia. Griese is not better than Trent. IF the Bucs were so high on Griese and Leftwich why did they draft a QB in the 1st round. So thats 6 teams Trent is a starter on.

As far as the Broncos go if Trent is on that team he is starting over Orton. If Orton was so good why was he a throw in in the Cutler deal. It was the 3 draft picks (Two of them being first rounders) that were the real part of the trade. To me that makes 7 teams Trent starts on.

AND I think you could make a case for him starting on the Redskins, Browns, Rams, and Ravens.

Off the top of my head, Trent is better than:

Whoever Detroit starts

Joe Flacco

Jason Campbell

Marc Bulger

Kerry Collins

Whoever San Fran starts

David Garrard

Whoever Minnesota starts

Kyle Orton

Mark Sanchez

Jamarcus Russell

And if he develops, he will be better than a few other Qbs as well.

Edit:

To answer the original question, Bradford and McCoy are the top 2 QBs. Tebow is pretty low on the list, but could be a top 5 TE prospect.

I agree with all of those except Flacco. He could turn out to be a one year wonder, but I don't think so.

Do you know who else knows about evaluating talent for the NFL? Bill Belichik. Consistently for the last 10 years.

He said Tebow is the best football player (not COLLEGE football player) he's ever seen.

The Bills and the rest of the NFL can sleep at the wheel, Belicheat will pick him up in a heartbeat. Then we'll have to face him twice a year.

(I can't believe I used Belicheat to support an argument, I'm making myself gag, but his scouting talent is undeniable)

First off Belicheat has not had a stellar draft record recently. AND I am not saying Tewbow doesn't have fans out there. BUT the majority opinion of scouts is that he is missing some tools required in the NFL. Don't act like one guy liking him makes all the other descending opinions void.

First off Belicheat has not had a stellar draft record recently. AND I am not saying Tewbow doesn't have fans out there. BUT the majority opinion of scouts is that he is missing some tools required in the NFL. Don't act like one guy liking him makes all the other descending opinions void.

What makes ALL opinions about Tebow void is the fact he still has an entire year of College ball to play.

What makes ALL opinions about Tebow void is the fact he still has an entire year of College ball to play.

Good point especially considering the fact that he has a new throwing motion. He does have some sort of new throwing motion right?

I think Cleveland fans would disagree with you. :thumbsup:

The QBs next year do nothing for me. I love Tebow the football player but not Tebow the QB. Bradford has a questionable arm and an offense that is set up to pad stats. I guess I like McCoy and Snead the best. McCoy seems like he has some intangibiles and Snead transformed a crappy team in the best conference. But if Trent fails, we are screwed. No one of this guys are going to be anything special until at least their 3rd year.

Nobody knows if trent is going to be a great qb, but the kid hasnt even been the starter for two full seasons on an team with a young, and average at

best supporting cast . Dont forget Drew Brees played three seasons on a the Chargers and played bad enough that they felt the need to draft Phillip Rivers.

Then as LT became the most dominant RB in the league and Antonio Gates came into the picture, Brees played lights out and went to the Pro Bowl. The

Chargers were then stuck with Rivers rookie contract and had to let Brees go, and we all know how that turned out. Brees went to the pro bowl again and

Rivers sucked balls his second year and SD looked like retards. I bet the SD message boards were saying the same thing about Brees and Rivers going

into thier third seasons as we are about Trent. In Trent's in 24 starts ive seen a guy thats had some games where he looked like a rookie and some games

where he's looked like a seasoned veteran. The thing I have noticed most is, even in a game he has played terrible in, he's had clutch moments

(jets,skins '07-oak,StL,jax'08) and if the bills are behind & its close in the 4th qtr he gives me the opposite feeling JP did when were winning in the 4th qtr.

In a QB's first two years those negetive things are going to happen, but the positive things he's done dont always happen and are at least a sign of future

promise. I'm not saying that Edwards is going to be a Rivers or a Brees, but but if he is, I dont want to see him have a breakout season after Buffalo

drafts an expensive 1st rd Qb pushing Trent out of Buffalo only to have continued success in a different city like Brees did. I guess what im saying is, Trent

has played above his years enough times for fans to give him a chance to at least be a veteran Qb before calling for his replacement.

I think Cleveland fans would disagree with you. :thumbsup:

The QBs next year do nothing for me. I love Tebow the football player but not Tebow the QB. Bradford has a questionable arm and an offense that is set up to pad stats. I guess I like McCoy and Snead the best. McCoy seems like he has some intangibiles and Snead transformed a crappy team in the best conference. But if Trent fails, we are screwed. No one of this guys are going to be anything special until at least their 3rd year.

Next years QB class is so much better than this years was. One of the guys next year is bound to make it big. I'm pretty sure it's a longshot for anyone in the last draft's QB class to make it big. Of course my saying that means they will all make it big now.