Will you be buying Madden 2010?

I have 09 for the Wii, and it's definitely easier in tems of basic mechanics. My 7-year-old and 11-year-old can pretty much keep up with me, and they are neither hard-core gamers nor total football wonks. They also like the "call your shot" feature on the Wii version, when you can make up your own passing routes for the receivers.

Thank you :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wii version is pretty fun but I'm more of a nhl 09 guy because it's probably the best sports game franchise out right now.

True the hockey games are so ahead of all the sports games. Even NBA 2k9 or the baseball games don't hold up that well to the NHL games. The NHL series got the core game play down in the 2008 installment and in last years addition they just further refined the gameplay to get the very small details of the game down (like adding in stick lifting)

And in NHL 2010 they look to add a lot more things including in the corner board battles as well as a bunch of small improvements like players batting out rebounds in the air. So the NHL series is a must buy every year its that good.

Cant stand playing a video game to dream of the Bills winning anything....

Get a Nintendo NES and play some Super Tecmo Bowl and throw some 80 yard bombs to Reed!

That's Tecmo Super Bowl to you. QB Bills is not impressed.

hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut

I also like the new rating system. The presentation looks better. The online franchise looks cool. The game appears to have slowed down a little bit to reflect football a little more accurately. In conclusion I want to play that demo you get for preordering it to see if they have improved it but I like what they are doing in concept at least. I will likely buy Madden 2010.

I think the biggest difference in this game vs 09 is that they will make good teams and players better and degrade average teams. Face it: speed means too much on Madden and the developers haven't found a way to implement the other ratings to make a true impact on the game. So in order to combat this, all they will do is make average players slower. Think about it, who will be in your Madden 2010 WR lineup: Parrish with 96 speed or Reed with barely over 80? No matter what the ratings are for route running, beating the press, catching, etc, who will have the biggest impact on the field? Until they can make these other ratings matter and become a bigger factor speed will always be a demon. They should make acceleration and burst mean more. Also in the real NFL WR run a lot of sight adjustment routes based on coverage; there are only a handful on Madden. If they had more of these type plays in which a WR had to adjust routes then you'd make awareness mean more in the game. That would affect your playcalling as you'd have a WR such as Reed run in the slot and find the open spot in the zone while a WR like Hardy you'd have him run simple routes; if you had a team full of hardy types then you wouldn't run a sophistacted offense.

I also missed the QB vision. I know a lot of players hated it but it brought a 3rd dimension to the game. The way the game is setup now the only difference between a great QB and one that sucks is arm strength and accuracy. These are the only ratings that matter when you play against a human opponent as far as throwing the ball. With QB vision on, you could give JP losman a 100 throwing power and a decent accracy rating but his vision cone could be made so small that he could only be successful if the initial read was open; if protection breaksdown or he is blitzed he would get sacked or have plenty of inaccurate throws. I know in 2010 they have added ratings as far as how Qb's throw short, medium,long and on the run (who knows how this will play out and what affect it will have) but that QB vision could bring more strategy into play as you wouldn't run a West Coast offense with multiple reads with a JP Losman type QB!

I am more of a strategy guy when it comes to realism and ratings and I want those factors to determine what plays and sets should be run, not just whatever gimmick play comes along. It takes the fun out of the game if I can use the same strategy and playbook for just about any and every team and have the same success.

I think the biggest difference in this game vs 09 is that they will make good teams and players better and degrade average teams. Face it: speed means too much on Madden and the developers haven't found a way to implement the other ratings to make a true impact on the game. So in order to combat this, all they will do is make average players slower. Think about it, who will be in your Madden 2010 WR lineup: Parrish with 96 speed or Reed with barely over 80? No matter what the ratings are for route running, beating the press, catching, etc, who will have the biggest impact on the field? Until they can make these other ratings matter and become a bigger factor speed will always be a demon. They should make acceleration and burst mean more. Also in the real NFL WR run a lot of sight adjustment routes based on coverage; there are only a handful on Madden. If they had more of these type plays in which a WR had to adjust routes then you'd make awareness mean more in the game. That would affect your playcalling as you'd have a WR such as Reed run in the slot and find the open spot in the zone while a WR like Hardy you'd have him run simple routes; if you had a team full of hardy types then you wouldn't run a sophistacted offense.

I also missed the QB vision. I know a lot of players hated it but it brought a 3rd dimension to the game. The way the game is setup now the only difference between a great QB and one that sucks is arm strength and accuracy. These are the only ratings that matter when you play against a human opponent as far as throwing the ball. With QB vision on, you could give JP losman a 100 throwing power and a decent accracy rating but his vision cone could be made so small that he could only be successful if the initial read was open; if protection breaksdown or he is blitzed he would get sacked or have plenty of inaccurate throws. I know in 2010 they have added ratings as far as how Qb's throw short, medium,long and on the run (who knows how this will play out and what affect it will have) but that QB vision could bring more strategy into play as you wouldn't run a West Coast offense with multiple reads with a JP Losman type QB!

I am more of a strategy guy when it comes to realism and ratings and I want those factors to determine what plays and sets should be run, not just whatever gimmick play comes along. It takes the fun out of the game if I can use the same strategy and playbook for just about any and every team and have the same success.

Really good take on the Madden games. As far as speed you are right in most cases for skill position players it seems to be the only stat that matters. Another good point about needing other stats to matter both Madden and NFL 2K series had trouble distinguishing other stats.

I didn't like the QB vision but I liked the option of it being there. While I personally didn't like it I got why some would. It should be optional and you should have the ability to play others online choosing ahead of time wither you want to play someone with or without it. I think a good QB system would be an advanced version of the precision passing concept in the NFL 2K games.

As far as 2010 addressing those concerns it looks like with the reduction in speed it might work out to some extent we will just have to see. The QB ratings also look to be have work done on them (once again we will have to see). I think Madden with the New animation system, NFL 2K5 like presentation, and reduction in speed is trying to implement some 2K like features to the Madden franchise.

I welcome the additions because I really like NFL 2K5 and thought the Madden games got a lot better because of the competition. Hopefully the new tweaks make the game much better because I am sick of playing Madden and wishing that they would have stuff that was in NFL 2K5. (Not saying 2K5 was a perfect game but that it shouldn't take Madden 4 years to add stuff that was in that game like gang tackling).

Really good take on the Madden games. As far as speed you are right in most cases for skill position players it seems to be the only stat that matters. Another good point about needing other stats to matter both Madden and NFL 2K series had trouble distinguishing other stats.

They haven't succesfully found a way to make the other ratings have a significant factor. Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, and Cristian Okoye all had different running styles but on Madden Okoye's game couldn't be implemented as he would go down way too easy so to compensate they will give him great speed (which he had BTW!) Then he would be running like B Sanders cutting on a dime!

I didn't like the QB vision but I liked the option of it being there. While I personally didn't like it I got why some would. It should be optional and you should have the ability to play others online choosing ahead of time wither you want to play someone with or without it. I think a good QB system would be an advanced version of the precision passing concept in the NFL 2K games.

No the QB vision has to be a fixed feature as if not no one would use it as it limits their game. That is why those who hated it HATED IT! They had to sit in the pocket and read defenses. They couldn't roll around and wait for anybody to break free. They had to go the progressions. I loved it because you'd have those slick types who'd try to guess where you were going with the ball and I like the chess match aspect of the game. If they combined the QB vision, with the new 2010 ratings, and the different throwing aspects that Tecmo Qb's had then it would create a unique feel to your QB instead of them all throwing the same with the same speed, form, and velocity. Every QB can't zip a ball in there but they can on Madden if they press the button hard. If they did it right, a QB such as Bledsoe or Mark Rypien could excel IF they had great blocking but fail if they had to make quick decisions.

As far as 2010 addressing those concerns it looks like with the reduction in speed it might work out to some extent we will just have to see. The QB ratings also look to be have work done on them (once again we will have to see). I think Madden with the New animation system, NFL 2K5 like presentation, and reduction in speed is trying to implement some 2K like features to the Madden franchise.

The speed rating reduction will not work if they just simply over rate good players and under rate average ones. McKlevin is one of the fastest Bills players but will only get an 89 speed rating in 2010 just because he is an unknown. You can give fast players their speed but just make the other ratings have much more of a factor. What good is speed if you can't utilize it on the field and you play with no awareness or sense of assignment?

I welcome the additions because I really like NFL 2K5 and thought the Madden games got a lot better because of the competition. Hopefully the new tweaks make the game much better because I am sick of playing Madden and wishing that they would have stuff that was in NFL 2K5. (Not saying 2K5 was a perfect game but that it shouldn't take Madden 4 years to add stuff that was in that game like gang tackling).

I want to see a combination of 2k5, madden, and tecmo Bowl! Give me the action/running game of 2K5 (as well as its ESPN shots!), the playbooks and passing game of madden (2K playbooks sucked!) and Tecmo Bowl way of creating uniquiness to a player or team and then you have yourself a game. I loved how in tecmo Bowl players ratings would go up and down in a game so that when bruce is possessed he would make SF OL fly like popcorn! This made every game an adventure so that you never know who would get hot or cold.

They haven't succesfully found a way to make the other ratings have a significant factor. Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, and Cristian Okoye all had different running styles but on Madden Okoye's game couldn't be implemented as he would go down way too easy so to compensate they will give him great speed (which he had BTW!) Then he would be running like B Sanders cutting on a dime!

No the QB vision has to be a fixed feature as if not no one would use it as it limits their game. That is why those who hated it HATED IT! They had to sit in the pocket and read defenses. They couldn't roll around and wait for anybody to break free. They had to go the progressions. I loved it because you'd have those slick types who'd try to guess where you were going with the ball and I like the chess match aspect of the game. If they combined the QB vision, with the new 2010 ratings, and the different throwing aspects that Tecmo Qb's had then it would create a unique feel to your QB instead of them all throwing the same with the same speed, form, and velocity. Every QB can't zip a ball in there but they can on Madden if they press the button hard. If they did it right, a QB such as Bledsoe or Mark Rypien could excel IF they had great blocking but fail if they had to make quick decisions.

The speed rating reduction will not work if they just simply over rate good players and under rate average ones. McKlevin is one of the fastest Bills players but will only get an 89 speed rating in 2010 just because he is an unknown. You can give fast players their speed but just make the other ratings have much more of a factor. What good is speed if you can't utilize it on the field and you play with no awareness or sense of assignment?

I want to see a combination of 2k5, madden, and tecmo Bowl! Give me the action/running game of 2K5 (as well as its ESPN shots!), the playbooks and passing game of madden (2K playbooks sucked!) and Tecmo Bowl way of creating uniquiness to a player or team and then you have yourself a game. I loved how in tecmo Bowl players ratings would go up and down in a game so that when bruce is possessed he would make SF OL fly like popcorn! This made every game an adventure so that you never know who would get hot or cold.

I agree with most of what you have to say but the QB vision had one flaw. If you were having a good game it would make it expand a lot and if you were having a bad game it would shrink. It was based off of QB rating and I understand it growing if you were in the zone but it just grew to be too big to the point were any QB could have a vision as big as the field. I like it growing and shrinking with good or poor play but just not as much as it did.

I also think of having it option is a good idea because some just don't like using it. I like the idea of you can pick if you and your opponent will or will not be using it in an online match. Simply put you can enter in wither you want to play a match with it and another person who wants to play with it will be matched up with you. Options are always good for sports games.

I agree with most of what you have to say but the QB vision had one flaw. If you were having a good game it would make it expand a lot and if you were having a bad game it would shrink. It was based off of QB rating and I understand it growing if you were in the zone but it just grew to be too big to the point were any QB could have a vision as big as the field. I like it growing and shrinking with good or poor play but just not as much as it did.

I also think of having it option is a good idea because some just don't like using it. I like the idea of you can pick if you and your opponent will or will not be using it in an online match. Simply put you can enter in wither you want to play a match with it and another person who wants to play with it will be matched up with you. Options are always good for sports games.

Options are good but if it is not made a fixed standard then it will be hard to find anyone who would use it as it limits the game. I liked that it was a forced fixture on All-Madden on the earlier versions. The problem with those Maddens was that pass coverage was too good with DB's jumping 20 feet in the air, tackling the WR before they hit the ground and nano-blitzes combined with QB vision made it difficult to pass. In 09 pass coverage, especially on crossing routes sucked and blitzing is really ineffective as the QB is allowed to get rid of the ball quicker (a good thing I might add) and any WR can beat the jam. If QB accuracy wasn't so fine tune even for average QB's and QB vision was in effect on 09, if your initial WR wasn't open and you had a QB with a small QB cone then it wouldn't be as easy to beat the blitz and you would adjust your game accordingly. Just like in real life, you wouldn't blitz Manning as much because he could beat the blitz by quickly finding his hot read while a lesser QB would look confuse and panic and as a result more sacks, fumbles, and INT's. Without QB vision and more inaccurate passes, any QB in 09 can play like Manning.

Year after year when they try to improve the game, they either make it a defensive or offensive game in which they make the DB's either cover too good or just plain lousy. They should try to emulate the running game on 2K5 but turn down the break tackle a notch, maybe %10, tinkering with the pass coverage/ WR getting open in 09 percentage, and overhauling QB accuracy as even the great ones don't make every throw like they do on Madden.

My biggest problem with the Madden games are during franchise mode, whenever I simulate any games, whether it's a couple or a whole season, my RB2 NEVER gets any stats. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (if so PLEASE tell me what) but I can adjust the RB1 <--|---> RB2 workload meter anywhere from 50/50 to 90/10, but it doesn't matter for simulations.

I hope they change this, or if anybody knows if I'm not doing something right, please let me know!

No. I still play Madden '94 on my SNES, which is great because the Bills were good then...

Madden 93 on the Genesis...look, I know it is cheap but I could send Thurmal out on sweep, take'em right to the sidelines and then...gone, 80 yards. It worked 90% of the time.

Man, I loved when I could buy these games and the bills would be good.

:

I for one would be pissed if having a good offensive line is more important, since I won countless games with Antowain Smith, Travis Henry, Marshawn and some pretty terrible offensive lines. Being a Bills fan, the last thing I want is realism. I buy it every couple of years, because I know its the closest I'm going to get to a Bills Super Bowl win.

:pirate:

Options are good but if it is not made a fixed standard then it will be hard to find anyone who would use it as it limits the game. I liked that it was a forced fixture on All-Madden on the earlier versions. The problem with those Maddens was that pass coverage was too good with DB's jumping 20 feet in the air, tackling the WR before they hit the ground and nano-blitzes combined with QB vision made it difficult to pass. In 09 pass coverage, especially on crossing routes sucked and blitzing is really ineffective as the QB is allowed to get rid of the ball quicker (a good thing I might add) and any WR can beat the jam. If QB accuracy wasn't so fine tune even for average QB's and QB vision was in effect on 09, if your initial WR wasn't open and you had a QB with a small QB cone then it wouldn't be as easy to beat the blitz and you would adjust your game accordingly. Just like in real life, you wouldn't blitz Manning as much because he could beat the blitz by quickly finding his hot read while a lesser QB would look confuse and panic and as a result more sacks, fumbles, and INT's. Without QB vision and more inaccurate passes, any QB in 09 can play like Manning.

Year after year when they try to improve the game, they either make it a defensive or offensive game in which they make the DB's either cover too good or just plain lousy. They should try to emulate the running game on 2K5 but turn down the break tackle a notch, maybe %10, tinkering with the pass coverage/ WR getting open in 09 percentage, and overhauling QB accuracy as even the great ones don't make every throw like they do on Madden.

I think if you had QB vision as an option you would get a good enough audience for it. Especially since more serious players would want to use it. Its hard in football games to have a perfect balance of passing, running and defense.

Either you have a game where you run up and down the field but can't pass because the D-backs stick to the receivers like glue. Or you can't run worth a dam but you can toast any D-back. OR you can't do either effectively because The o-line can't block any D-line and the D-backs make so many picks and stick to the receivers like glue.

Its a balance any football game has trouble making. Even the 2K series struggled to make a balanced football game. In NFL 2k5 it was hard to run at times in the game even against bad front 7's.

I also like that in Madden (Its been there since they made QB vision optional) your QB throws differently in situations, for example you throw differently when you are running and when you are throwing off the back foot. It got ridiculous with the QB play when you use to be able to throw excellently almost all the time.

I will not be buying the game. I will be downloading a PC copy using Piratebay.org -- the same site I get all my movies from (torrent site). I have a PS2 and the Madden for that system hasn't changed since about 2001. I got an Xbox controller that plugs into my comp and it couldn't be simpler -- just plug and play. I am very happy the PC version is back, because I can play the newer version ands its FREE.

I will not be buying the game. I will be downloading a PC copy using Piratebay.org -- the same site I get all my movies from (torrent site). I have a PS2 and the Madden for that system hasn't changed since about 2001. I got an Xbox controller that plugs into my comp and it couldn't be simpler -- just plug and play. I am very happy the PC version is back, because I can play the newer version ands its FREE.

I heard you might not be able to play online with a pirated copy. On Sims 3 you aren't able to access some of the game because if you want to go on the online aspect of the game you will get bricked because it will access your game files and know its a pirated copy.

I love downloading old and some new games o-line but the whole can't use some of the online component might be a way to curb some of the illegal downloading. I don't know have you ever had any issues playing a pirated copy online?

I don't see myself paying 60 bucks for a video game. Fixing my car is way more important. But what i do is wait until the price drops in the winter then buy Madden 10.

I got the collectors 09 edition for 19 bucks last winter. Good time to buy, it will be cold by then.

I still think that Madden 05 was the best they made but 09 is way better than 08 and from what i had seen 10 looks even better.